Held now within the knowing; Rest now within the peace. Take of the fruit, but guard the seed.

58 minutes ago, mattski133 said:

thanks to Last Call and PPO for following through on their promises.  An IOU has been drafted for better days.

thanks to NSO for the behind the scenes work with Oculus.  And in the post war rebuilding to come.

special thanks to Non Grata and their old/new friends for inspiring a renaissance in Kashmir, people are even posting on the forums once in a while.  it's crazy.

peace in our time, til someone else rolls us!

Sounds like a good outcome to me.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, kingzog said:

If this were 2007 I would probably agree with you, but the fact is that things are now written for the sake of expediency and nobody particularly cares. I doubt very much that anyone on either side even noticed that.

Otherwise....I guess I just 'opportunistically attacked' someone. Still not sure who, though.

I'm sure you're right. Until someone gets bored and looks for and starts looking for any excuse to curbstomp someone again.

Never have I seen such senseless terms. Enforcing someone's alliance affiliation because their alliance disbanded and they joined us properly as members to defend their former ally? Most reasonable people would see that as commendable, especially when they have the advantage anyways and the numbers don't add up to a meaningful difference in the outcome. Everyone should be able to choose their alliance as they see fit and under no opposition to do so.

Pretty disappointed in the way politics have gone around here. Not even moral versus immoral anymore, just pointless positioning of one side's desire to strong arm another into submission.

3 hours ago, lonewolfe2015 said:

Never have I seen such senseless terms. Enforcing someone's alliance affiliation because their alliance disbanded and they joined us properly as members to defend their former ally? Most reasonable people would see that as commendable, especially when they have the advantage anyways and the numbers don't add up to a meaningful difference in the outcome. Everyone should be able to choose their alliance as they see fit and under no opposition to do so.

Pretty disappointed in the way politics have gone around here. Not even moral versus immoral anymore, just pointless positioning of one side's desire to strong arm another into submission.

As much as they want to deny it, the terms just prove that the entire war and the SNX !@#$ was all about getting DK nations and that Hershey and White Chocolate put a big, ol' stinky log in their corn flakes with their decision. The entire deal is about getting those particular nations.

Just another witch hunt with no balls to call it what it is.

13 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

As much as they want to deny it, the terms just prove that the entire war and the SNX !@#$ was all about getting DK nations and that Hershey and White Chocolate put a big, ol' stinky log in their corn flakes with their decision. The entire deal is about getting those particular nations.

Too bad they couldn't stick it to Oculus with actual politicking, eh?

4 hours ago, Master Hakai said:

I like being strong armed into submission but that's just a personal thing I don't expect everyone to be into.

I can recommend some...erm...entertainers if needed.

I'd rather be fighting the extra 3 rounds but nobody listens to me. 

2 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

I can recommend some...erm...entertainers if needed.

I'd rather be fighting the extra 3 rounds but nobody listens to me. 

I'd rather the entire war continued for an extra 3 rounds as well. Although after dodging 7 nukes in a row, ending it on a high note isn't so bad.

I think if the other side held out on surrendering for an extra 3 rounds, I doubt such a term would have been levied.

12 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

Negotiations of these terms took a considerable amount of time, and the length of time specified by that particular term did not change. Please stop speculating about negotiations to which you were not a party.

tumblr_n4rtn2Xo0F1qbysf3o1_250.gif

Only if I'm included in the 3 rounds next time. If there's a next time. Is there a next time?:wacko:

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I'd rather the entire war continued for an extra 3 rounds as well. Although after dodging 7 nukes in a row, ending it on a high note isn't so bad.

I think if the other side held out on surrendering for an extra 3 rounds, I doubt such a term would have been levied.

If we fought an extra 3 rounds, they wouldn't have made us fight an extra 3 rounds. Seems legit. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Well you would be quite incorrect then.

4 minutes ago, kingzog said:

I keep telling you, I actually need these things to see.

We don't need to see to make fireworks BB.

Actually, you wouldn't need those on Bob if you had a smartphone. I hold mine about 1 inch in front of my left eye at 3 AM. Makes typing difficult.

15 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Watch out man, I don't think you're allowed to say anything remotely resembling the truth around here.

50 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Watch out man, I don't think you're allowed to say anything remotely resembling the truth around here.

Sounds like him whining those who fought aren't telling him what he wants to hear for the reason.

DK `s biggest problem was some of the alliances they supported, such as SNX and Kashmir were unpopular & overly aggressive. They thought the Doom association made them free to attack whoever they wanted.

Edited by Sephiroth

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Sounds like him whining those who fought aren't telling him what he wants to hear for the reason.

DK `s biggest problem was some of the alliances they supported, such as SNX and Kashmir were unpopular & overly aggressive. They thought the Doom association made them free to attack whoever they wanted.

You of all people would most definately recognize whining.

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Kashmir and Doom Squad/Doom Kingdom have been allies since long before the Doom War.  In fact, I knew the people at Kashmir when I was the leader of The Javahouse League (who merged with Anarchy Inc. to become Last Call).  That is how I met Lord Hershey, as Doom Squad was also allied to Kashmir at the time.  So my friendship with Kashmir actually predates my involvement with doomsphere.  

Most people had not ever heard of tJL, so it was hardly an alliance anyone would treaty just to be free to attack whoever they want.  I don't believe Doom Squad was that well known at the time either.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that what motivated Kashmir to remain as allies to Doom Kingdom was friendship and had nothing to do with realpolitik considerations. 

At our largest, Doom Kingdom was around fifty members.  Hardly a powerhouse on our own.  In fact,  If a group wants to ally with an alliance that could give the group cover to do as they pleased as you are suggesting above regarding Kashmir, look to those alliances in Oculus. 

I am also not saying there is anything wrong with taking into account the strength and political standing of an alliance when deciding who to seek a treaty relationship with.  What I am saying is that in the case of Kashmir, I have no doubt that wasn't their interest..

Edited by White Chocolate