The "Prince" of Kashmir

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, other than the fact that Doom Kingdom and Kashmir leadership did have discussions about merging (which did not go anywhere in the end), the OP is entirely an expression of what Margrave wanted to happen and was never actually discussed by the rest of us.  This isn't to say that Doom Kingdom leadership didn't think about "what if..." regarding Oculus,  but it was mostly in the context of defense because we kept hearing that certain parties inside Oculus were targeting us - true or not.  There is always a right to defend oneself. 

The only FA discussion Margrave, Sir William, I and Lord Hershey had was who we would want to keep as allies and who we would agree to drop.  That is it.  

Edited by White Chocolate

3 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

For the record, other than the fact that Doom Kingdom and Kashmir leadership did have discussions about merging (which did not go anywhere in the end), the OP is entirely an expression of what Margrave wanted to happen and was never actually discussed by the rest of us.  This isn't to say that Doom Kingdom leadership didn't think about "what if..." regarding Oculus,  but it was mostly in the context of defense because we kept hearing that certain parties inside Oculus were targeting us....

This is pretty much what I was told by multiple Kashmir members when I asked how this war had started. Going in, my guess was that it had been Jack Layton's fault.

Anyway, yes, it was a complete over-reaction on the part of Oculus but an understandable one in an oh-hey-we-have-an-excuse-to-do-something way.

2 hours ago, kingzog said:

This is pretty much what I was told by multiple Kashmir members when I asked how this war had started. Going in, my guess was that it had been Jack Layton's fault.

Anyway, yes, it was a complete over-reaction on the part of Oculus but an understandable one in an oh-hey-we-have-an-excuse-to-do-something way.

Good thing Nordreich didn't participate or anything 

38 minutes ago, kingzog said:

Nordreich will go wherever NG points them. If you haven't figured that out yet....

So did you and Pulisher ever bury the hatchet, or were you still rogueing him? And you'll be happy to know that Junka is on your side now. 

Also, why did you come back after I couldn't fight you? Am disappoint.

12 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

So did you and Pulisher ever bury the hatchet, or were you still rogueing him? And you'll be happy to know that Junka is on your side now. 

Also, why did you come back after I couldn't fight you? Am disappoint.

Puli has been crapping on Nordreich and calling it loyalty since before 2009. In the last seven years, no other single individual has done more to drive people out of the alliance. I am far from the first person to point this out. I doubt very much that I will be the last. (I have never gone rogue on him, so not sure what that's about.)

About my return, I was cleaning out the bookmarks in my browser a couple of days ago and saw that the link for this place was still there. I wouldn't get too accustomed to seeing me here, though, since to someone who was here from almost the beginning....

It's 2007 all over again. There's one bloc essentially policing everything -- everyone else is either afraid of you or hoping to get on your good side -- except the world is about one-fifth the size it was way back then. And this bloc is essentially an extension of the NPO which has, masterfully I must admit, once again maneuvered itself into the position of controlling darn-near everything, including you.

How many times has this happened now?

*yawn*

46 minutes ago, kingzog said:

Puli has been crapping on Nordreich and calling it loyalty since before 2009. In the last seven years, no other single individual has done more to drive people out of the alliance. I am far from the first person to point this out. I doubt very much that I will be the last. (I have never gone rogue on him, so not sure what that's about.)

About my return, I was cleaning out the bookmarks in my browser a couple of days ago and saw that the link for this place was still there. I wouldn't get too accustomed to seeing me here, though, since to someone who was here from almost the beginning....

It's 2007 all over again. There's one bloc essentially policing everything -- everyone else is either afraid of you or hoping to get on your good side -- except the world is about one-fifth the size it was way back then. And this bloc is essentially an extension of the NPO which has, masterfully I must admit, once again maneuvered itself into the position of controlling darn-near everything, including you.

How many times has this happened now?

*yawn*

The part that is interesting is that on planet bob, hope springs eternal. Those that are not NPO have this undying light inside of them that they will *be* the new NPO, someday. It is amazing to see the lengths they will go to try and grab the green light so to speak.

17 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Good thing Nordreich didn't participate or anything 

and

16 hours ago, kingzog said:

Nordreich will go wherever NG points them. If you haven't figured that out yet....

Nordreich was a good ally to Doom Squad and Doom Kingdom and, in my opinion, met all their obligations as an ally to us.  I personally have no issue with them - this includes their decision to assist Non Grata in this last war.  Doom Kingdom disbanded - that being the case, there wasn't even a treaty conflict.  Nor was also willing to work with us as far as their membership stopping tech deals without any complaint government to government when we assisted SNX as our protectorate.   

When looking back over the past year, one of the areas where I think I could of done better is in making my position clearer.  This might of helped avoid talk and people believing gossip (or at least given those things less power and make it harder to manipulate) when someone else (aka: like the OP above) had a conversation expressing his or her own opinions in a way that would cause misunderstandings. 

Whatever it is worth from this point forward, I'm going to try to be better at that.

17 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Nordreich was a good ally to Doom Squad and Doom Kingdom and, in my opinion, met all their obligations as an ally to us. 

Agreed, with the understanding that NoR's relationship with NG was (and remains) much, much closer.

39 minutes ago, kingzog said:

Agreed, with the understanding that NoR's relationship with NG was (and remains) much, much closer.

Interesting from a historic point of view.  Being that DK is disbanded it isn't like we're in any sort of competition with Non Grata for NoR's love now or in the future.  However, I'll note that the relationship is close between the two alliances.

Edited by White Chocolate

I spai a Master Hakai. Hai.

Anyone who isn't aware of the NG/NoR relationship has not been reading NG's diary.

Excerpt: May 24, 2016-I spotted that man in leather again today. He's totally hawt when he lifts those nukes and hucks 'em at other AAs. He's a total bad boy and my parents hate him, but I just want to go back to his bunker and fire his rocket.

I guess I was mistaken, Zog. Possibly thinking of one of the times Kashmir attacked CA before Pulisher moved back to NoR.

Edited by Duderonomy

6 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

I guess I was mistaken, Zog. Possibly thinking of one of the times Kashmir attacked CA before Pulisher moved back to NoR.

Prior to this conflict (in which it was CA that attacked Kashmir), pretty sure CA and Kush have only fought once (in the Dre4m War).  Can't remember in that one if CA attacked Kush in defense of Meth, or Kush attacked CA in defense of SRA.  Either way, Pulisher was a member when it happened, although he returned to NoR mid-war if I recall correctly.

Edited by Walshington
Gotta put the "4" in Dre4m.

With all the threads that war created (and are still being created thanks to LH's boredom), it's surprising there was only one war.

Some big AA seriously needs to take some of these guys and put them in charge of trades or some other thankless job that takes a ton of work.

14 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

With all the threads that war created (and are still being created thanks to LH's boredom), it's surprising there was only one war.

Some big AA seriously needs to take some of these guys and put them in charge of trades or some other thankless job that takes a ton of work.

Lets not forget the highest rated news cast on planet Bob, M Inc News "fair and balanced for an unblamanced world" starring Lord Hitchcock

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 8:42 AM, kingzog said:

Puli has been crapping on Nordreich and calling it loyalty since before 2009.

More loyalty in Puli's little finger than your entire body buddy. I'm not sure if you're intentionally trying to be outrageous or you're really the least self-aware poster on the board.

32 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

There's a difference between loyalty and being able to think for oneself. 

Are you trying to say anyone who is loyal isn't able to think for themselves?