admin

Rest in peace Keelah

I am deeply saddened to say that I received word tonight that our lead community moderator and my good friend Keelah has passed away. He was instrumental over the past several years in helping me maintain the server back-end and keeping things running smoothly around here.

His passing is a tremendous loss to me personally and to this community as a whole. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. I will have more to say later but right now I am truly at a loss for words.

Rest in peace my friend.

:(

This is awful to hear. May he rest in peace and may his friends and family be comforted in their mourning.

Keelah recruited me personally to be a mod.  I will miss his patience, his sense of humor, his encouragement, and his quick wit.  This is indeed a tremendous loss.  

Well, damn. Never talked on a personal level, but probably my favorite mod over the years.

RIP Keelah.

Sad to hear this. Keelah was fair, active, and deeply cared about CN. I am sure he carried himself similarly in real life. Best wishes to all that knew him personally.

Sorry to hear of this terrible loss.

Sorry to hear it. RIP.

This is sad news. Rest in peace, Keelah. 

He carried himself well, and was fair in his dealings with me and those who I knew. I am sorry for your loss; God go with his family.

Any time that people who play this game and/or help to run it pass away IRL, it's a very sad day.  Thoughts and prayers to Keelah's friends, family, and co-workers here at CN.

Keelah was a great mod, always fair and friendly. He will be missed. Although I'm sure he's in a better place now.

RIP Keelah

69_Lone_Cross.jpg

Sorry for your loss admin and all friends and family concerned.

RIP Keelah and may peace be with everyone your life touched.

I originally thought it was just retirement from the game when reading the title till it dawned on me what part of the forums its in....need coffee...

Sad news.

Deeply saddening to hear my thoughts are with his loved ones and those that knew him personally.  RIP

RIP Keelah and my deepest condolences to his family and friends and to you personally Kevin. 

I enjoyed chatting with you Keelah over the past few months and always found you to be a very reasonable individual to talk to. The fact that you are gone now is a huge shock to me as I had wondered why you have gone silent. You have done a great service to the game while at the helm of the moderation team and I believe we would be hard pressed to find anyone who would have even an ounce of the ability that you had.

When I started talking to him many months ago, I enquired why he chose the name he had as a moderator. His answer then made me smile and even now it's a happy memory:

Gotcha, also how come you chose Beaky Buzzard as your avatar as I assume your username comes from the Mass Effect series by Electronic Arts?

Nickname I got in college. I used to say "nope nope nope" and friends saw the cartoon where the mother is calling the buzzard "killer" but it sounds like Keelah and the buzzard always says "nope nope nope". And thus my nickname.

Rest well my friend, your time as a moderator is at an end. One day, I will meet you again and when that happens, I wish to shake your hand.

Wow that blows. Keelah was the only mod I ever messaged for help.

What the heck happened?

Keelah was the funniest mod we had and just and over all fun guy.

Sorry for about the news and my prayers go out to him and his friends and family.

I'm gutted.  A truly reasonable human being and a good person to boot.  Rest In Peace Keelah.