Anyone got stats uploads?

Samus

This nasty bit of bureaucracy come to bite you?

I have a .us domain for remote management to a few systems I support, last week everyone of them went dead, wouldn't resolve, turns out there taking this pretty serious these days and no more anonymous domain owners, with that of course came the developers spam from every third world country on the globe.

I've owned it for decade now with no issues till last week ... SMH

21 minutes ago, Freelancer said:

I have a .us domain for remote management to a few systems I support, last week everyone of them went dead, wouldn't resolve, turns out there taking this pretty serious these days and no more anonymous domain owners, with that of course came the developers spam from every third world country on the globe.

From what I can tell, Samus would not have inserted false WHOiS information however as an aside I stay away from .us due to the fact that I wouldn't be eligible for registration unless I used a 3rd party.

.us comes in handy for the innocuous security by obscurity for local routers and servers, back in the day we used .net till some one figured out DNS is broke :)

As for Samus mine didn't have any either but it did have an outdated email addy I no longer used, and when I got that particular domain, I paid 10 years up front and since it was linked to my clear account I didn't think anything of it till I started  getting call's about mail not workin, yada yada yada.

Edited by Freelancer

3 hours ago, Freelancer said:

Nope basically I had a domain which was setup as the hostname for my server, said domain had a TLD which required me to renew before 12 days to expiration, else I had to pay an extortionate fee to even be allowed to renew it for it's normal price. Busy with uni and whatnot so didn't get round to it until 11 days to expiration, by that time they had already suspended the domain, all my domains resolve to nameservers of that domain so when that went down ALL my sites went down too.

24 minutes ago, Samus said:

Nope basically I had a domain which was setup as the hostname for my server, said domain had a TLD which required me to renew before 12 days to expiration, else I had to pay an extortionate fee to even be allowed to renew it for it's normal price. Busy with uni and whatnot so didn't get round to it until 11 days to expiration, by that time they had already suspended the domain, all my domains resolve to nameservers of that domain so when that went down ALL my sites went down too.

Was it by any chance a .li domain? That's a suffix I had been considering getting but hearing this kind of puts me off getting one.