All work and no play make Fark something something....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, smontag said:

Sorry, I hit it first

Now I just feel dirty. Polar, you told us it would be a romantic night. Candles, champagne, a harp, pulling out all the stops.

Now that we get up to your room, I find some 50 Shades !@#$ was planned...I'm so triggered right now...

Welcome to the party Farkers :P

33 minutes ago, Devialance said:

Got to love it when an alliance waits so long just to band wagon, Never had a great deal of respect for fark

lol, baby need its binky again?

This guy claims to have been slowly selling down to attack me for the last year now; as he's avoided war. Seems his war cherry has finally been popped & of course he's crying over it, nice one Fark. Does Fark have a spy op on him yet, so I can take  a look at what kind of warchest he's been threatening to use on me over the last year? It can't be very big if he's been afraid to fight his way down because of not wanting to go broke before reaching me. :P 

Edited by Sephiroth

10 minutes ago, Isolatar said:

Hang on guys, I've just been told NPO are going to defend their ally. Over to you, Steve.

After Last Call merged with the remains of DK who wanted war with NG/NpO this war; I'm not sure they are the same alliance NPO signed that treaty with.

So my instincts tell me you're full of BS & by now the cancellation clause for the NPO/LC treaty has already passed. So if Doom's grand plan was infiltrate an alliance like Last Call & then call in their treaty partner after successfully advocating they jump off a cliff from within; I think it didn't work & its an attempt which reeked of desperation if pulling NPO in was the grand plan here. 

Edited by Sephiroth

13 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

After Last Call merged with the remains of DK who wanted war with NG/NpO this war; I'm not sure they are the same alliance NPO signed that treaty with.

So my instincts tell me you're full of BS & by now the cancellation clause for the NPO/LC treaty has already passed. So if Doom's grand plan was infiltrate an alliance like Last Call & then call in their treaty partner after successfully advocating they jump off a cliff from within; I think it didn't work & its an attempt which reeked of desperation if pulling NPO in was the grand plan here. 

First of all, DK never merged into LC. We disbanded. Our members headed off to different alliances, just like any other defunct or soon to be defunct alliance. In this case, we had a decent amount of people who were annoyed at gov that they couldn't defend Kashmir so WC suggested they join LC.

Secondly, I have no idea if the treaty was cancelled or if it still exists. If it has been cancelled, then that clearly shows Pacifica's true character.

As far as I know, we don't have a grand plan and I don't believe we ever had one. And yes, I am speaking out of my ass, something I'm sure you're very much used to doing.

Edited by Isolatar

33 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

There was no merger. All the former DK members in Last Call went through the normal application process. Our government setup hasn't much changed since our founding, I believe the only change has been Haf put in charge of FA since he's one of the only ones consistently around the forums and IRC. The rest of us just lift our heads away from our drinks when it's time to hurt something.

Also, seeing as you are privy to neither Last Call gov discussions, nor NPO gov discussions, your speculation as to the status of our treaty is based on nothing but your own bowel contents. If NPO has decided to cancel on LC, that would certainly be news to us. You may want to consider your words more carefully.

10 minutes ago, jraenar said:

There was no merger. All the former DK members in Last Call went through the normal application process. Our government setup hasn't much changed since our founding, I believe the only change has been Haf put in charge of FA since he's one of the only ones consistently around the forums and IRC. The rest of us just lift our heads away from our drinks when it's time to hurt something.

Also, seeing as you are privy to neither Last Call gov discussions, nor NPO gov discussions, your speculation as to the status of our treaty is based on nothing but your own bowel contents. If NPO has decided to cancel on LC, that would certainly be news to us. You may want to consider your words more carefully.

Pseudo-Merger I suppose, where its disbanding and a large portion of the former members migrate to another. Alright its not technically a merger if you want me to be more careful with my words.

Anyways my instinct in calling out his BS was spot on, so idle speculation regarding that is pointless. You're also right those talks should remain between LC & NPO Gov, so you guys shouldn't be trying to create speculation over it on the forum.

Edited by Sephiroth

43 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

30 minutes ago, Isolatar said:

First of all, DK never merged into LC. We disbanded. Our members headed off to different alliances, just like any other defunct or soon to be defunct alliance. In this case, we had a decent amount of people who were annoyed at gov that they couldn't defend Kashmir so WC suggested they join LC.

Isolate is correct, DK disbanded at about the same time LC decided to defend Kashmir. There was no DK "infiltration" of LC, no positions in government have changed and no strings have been pulled to get us into this thing. The guys who came over from DK to join us have been wonderful and have done nothing but help us do what we believe is right, defend our mutual friends. If you really think that is the case Meth, what the hell is the point? LC takes a beating for what exactly? DK gets what out of this? 

Also, LC did not ask nor did we intend to ask for NPO assistance. You'll note on our DoW we left out NG, a member of Oculus and a direct NPO ally. Although Oculus coming in was a possibility we did not intend, nor do we have any interest in fighting them. The sole goal of this war is to defend our friends.

But alas, trying to explain anything on the OWF is a waste of breath, In any event you all have not been drinking enough. It's a party, have fun! Don't forget to tip your bartenders!

29 minutes ago, John Churchill said:

Isolate is correct, DK disbanded at about the same time LC decided to defend Kashmir. There was no DK "infiltration" of LC, no positions in government have changed and no strings have been pulled to get us into this thing. The guys who came over from DK to join us have been wonderful and have done nothing but help us do what we believe is right, defend our mutual friends. If you really think that is the case Meth, what the hell is the point? LC takes a beating for what exactly? DK gets what out of this? 

Also, LC did not ask nor did we intend to ask for NPO assistance. You'll note on our DoW we left out NG, a member of Oculus and a direct NPO ally. Although Oculus coming in was a possibility we did not intend, nor do we have any interest in fighting them. The sole goal of this war is to defend our friends.

I may have mistook Isolatar as one of those new members joining LC when laying out that scenario, but seeing as he's not I would have been more selective on my words.

Also whether you wanted to fight Oculus doesn't really matter when you were "defending" an alliance who was attacking another alliance to start the war which already expanded into including Oculus when you entered. If treaties chain defensively, then New Polar Order was assisting Non Grata in a defensive war. The aggressor is Kashmir if we trace it back to the cause. So you were supporting an aggressive war, even if only attacking those who came to the defense of the initial victim.

Edited by Sephiroth

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

We didn't merge with anyone. I don't know where you get this stuff.

Since the start of the war, we've had 15 new nations join our AA. (We also have 46 nations who were here before.) Most of the new nations are former Doom Kingdom members, not all. None of them have joined our government. Like other alliances in tough wars in the past, we welcome people who - for whatever reason - want to help us fight. When you're fighting against the odds, getting support helps.

If we'd merged with someone, our government would have changed. It didn't.

Your speculations about our relationships with our allies are cute as well.

8 hours ago, smurthwaite said:

Nah, Fark is good eggs, even if they are the wrong side of this one.

How can anyone be a good egg when they are this late to get in to a battle, what did they simply not know what was going on, or is it more to the case they waited to see what the winning side was ?

15 hours ago, Isolatar said:

Secondly, I have no idea if the treaty was cancelled or if it still exists. If it has been cancelled, then that clearly shows Pacifica's true character.

As far as I know, we don't have a grand plan and I don't believe we ever had one. And yes, I am speaking out of my ass, something I'm sure you're very much used to doing.

You speak as if you are a member of DK or LC. 

1 hour ago, shahenshah said:

You speak as if you are a member of DK or LC. 

Really grasping for a "gotcha" here, eh? Like Haf said, Iso was part of DK. It's perfectly reasonable to use the "we" and "our" pronouns when speaking about former membership, especially as all those verbs are past tense, or denying a present agenda for a grouping that no longer exists.

Kiwi is throwing you a lifeline here. You should take it. Because highlighting all the "we" and "our" in the quote makes you look even more silly.

24 minutes ago, jraenar said:

Really grasping for a "gotcha" here, eh? Like Haf said, Iso was part of DK. It's perfectly reasonable to use the "we" and "our" pronouns when speaking about former membership, especially as all those verbs are past tense, or denying a present agenda for a grouping that no longer exists.

Kiwi is throwing you a lifeline here. You should take it. Because highlighting all the "we" and "our" in the quote makes you look even more silly.

He'd have got away with it too, if not for that meddling Shahenshah!

38 minutes ago, jraenar said:

I hmmm'd over that too. I didn't know if I should point out the obvious (we have Haf for that anyway). And I didn't want to assume it was a slight. Best to simply ask for a clarification.