• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, smurthwaite said:

The combined efforts of <...> aren't getting it done.  Who else is coming after little ol' us?

Ahem.

What on earth are you talking about?

PPO is in flames. Your alliance chart looks like a cliff jumper, I have 4 offensive wars open on PPO right now, no one has countered, and you are doing by FAR the best of the 4.

You're in the same situation you had us in a few months back aside from one incredibly important difference.

You don't have warchests.

Anticipation: No I am not saying it's identical in every aspect don't try to go there. It's the same in that you are hopelessly outnumbered with no help to call for.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir
Anticipation

3 hours ago, Sigrun Vapneir said:

Ahem.

What on earth are you talking about?

PPO is in flames. Your alliance chart looks like a cliff jumper, I have 4 offensive wars open on PPO right now, no one has countered, and you are doing by FAR the best of the 4.

You're in the same situation you had us in a few months back aside from one incredibly important difference.

You don't have warchests.

Anticipation: No I am not saying it's identical in every aspect don't try to go there. It's the same in that you are hopelessly outnumbered with no help to call for.

There is another big difference here. They are giving no &#036;%&amp;@s.

You're kinda right. We even addressed it in the DoW that there might not be the best showing from some members. Hell... a couple people still haven't even opened the AA message that we were going to war! 

I myself haven't even given it my all! Promised Burtenjay a good war, and I've been focusing on my other NoR and NG targets more! Though I must admit, Oro, YYM and Polemos have been awesome sports, and their coordination is quite amazingly on point! 

To counter your point though, of course we're in flames! You don't swing at Oculus and not get set aflame! It's Oculus! I'd be surprised if we weren't in flames. This is all part of the plan! 

4 hours ago, Sigrun Vapneir said:

with no help to call for.

Actually, we've thought about DoWing on PPO, for fighting NpO and Fark. How dare those pirates fight against allies of our allies! TBC is going to oA in with us to deal with that Pesky Pirate Order :) So we have help to call for. Plus Lulu and Xanth still have a score to settle from when he kicked Xanth's ass back in Hooligans. So you'll probably see a Pirate fight before this is all over...

Edit - Burten, if you're in range when I'm out of anarchy, I'll updeclare. I owe you a fight!

Edited by gowfanatic

21 hours ago, ChairmanHal said:

You wouldn't know the "Valhalla Way" if it were diagramed out in a Power Point presentation and explained to you like you were five.

Well, I am nuking my opponents and fighting for my friends rather than bargaining for my infra and declaring passive-aggressive no-more-notes. I was always a slow learner.

On 4/21/2016 at 1:08 AM, Freelancer said:

Anyone able to infiltrate and subvert RedArmy's Government and convert his commie ass to a money loving capitalist gets a signature style set of Ginsu steak knives from the III Percent.

They tired... 

On 4/24/2016 at 5:10 AM, gowfanatic said:

To counter your point though, of course we're in flames! You don't swing at Oculus and not get set aflame! It's Oculus! I'd be surprised if we weren't in flames. This is all part of the plan! 

Sounds like a great plan!!!  ? ? ?

15 hours ago, Steve Buscemi said:

So that DoW is way too long for a world that is decaying so fast.

It looks like you give a &#33;@#&#036;.  And that makes you sad......just like Caustic.

It's cool that you have no clue what you are talking about, yet you continue to talk.  Classic OWF.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, smurthwaite said:

Bye the way, this is still happening.

I can ruthlessly keep fighting as long as it takes to win, as long as anybody is still able to fight. SirWilliam will ruthlessly stay in peace mode, as he lets those who came in to assist him burn as long as he thinks is needed to avoid fighting himself.

So we both can be ruthless in different ways, but I expect a leader to fight. While Saphyre & Lurunin setting an example to fight fearlessly is how a leader should be, its not a great idea to jump in for an alliances who's leader is setting the example for everyone to try hiding the war out in peace mode if possible. Other than sabcat, their top 3 nations have been sitting in peace mode this entire time. So they have still been preserving most of their top nations.

PPO & LC hitting NpO & Non Grata wasn't going to make the war shorter, especially when SirWilliam's plan so far seems to be waiting it out in peace mode.

At this point SirW is probably just hanging out in PM for the Methrage butthurt....

Honestly as long as you keput whining about it I'don't probably stay in PM too

45 minutes ago, berbers said:

At this point SirW is probably just hanging out in PM for the Methrage butthurt....

Honestly as long as you keput whining about it I'don't probably stay in PM too

If that prolongs the war, I doubt your allies and members burning for you jollies while in peacemode wouldn't go down well.

2 hours ago, smurthwaite said:

So close reading and reading for understanding just aren't your things, huh?

One could perhaps infer that I might possibly be aware of more than is posted publicly.

On 5/10/2016 at 5:56 PM, Sephiroth said:

I can ruthlessly keep fighting as long as it takes to win, as long as anybody is still able to fight. SirWilliam will ruthlessly stay in peace mode, as he lets those who came in to assist him burn as long as he thinks is needed to avoid fighting himself.

So we both can be ruthless in different ways, but I expect a leader to fight. While Saphyre & Lurunin setting an example to fight fearlessly is how a leader should be, its not a great idea to jump in for an alliances who's leader is setting the example for everyone to try hiding the war out in peace mode if possible. Other than sabcat, their top 3 nations have been sitting in peace mode this entire time. So they have still been preserving most of their top nations.

PPO & LC hitting NpO & Non Grata wasn't going to make the war shorter, especially when SirWilliam's plan so far seems to be waiting it out in peace mode.

Oh for all that you hold dear just shut up.  Commenting on people being in peace mode is so tired...and keeping fighting in a curbstomp to "win" is about as pathetic as can be.  If you really still think the winner in this war is open to debate you're an idiot.  You've won.  Your side has the nation and NS advantage at every tier and we've been fighting for a month now.  I'm content with it continuing as long as it can, it's the best war I've had in my time here but to claim that you can "ruthlessley keep fighting as long as it takes to win" is a load of garbage that's not even fit for the OWF.

Just wanted to say how much fun I am having doing battle. This war has enhanced my casualty count. Please keep sending me nations to do battle with. I will have 2 slots open tomorrow. I will be waiting for you at update. First come first served. Thanks

Edited by Dorsaiwolf

8 minutes ago, Dorsaiwolf said:

Just wanted to say how much fun I am having doing battle. This war has enhanced my casualty count. Please keep sending me nations to do battle with. I will have 2 slots open tomorrow. I will be waiting for you at update. First come first served. Thanks

I slipped from rank #22 to #26 in casualties during this war, but now I'm back to #25. It would be interesting to see an updated top 25 causalty nation list, now that I'm finally up there in the top 25.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I slipped from rank #22 to #26 in casualties during this war, but now I'm back to #25. It would be interesting to see an updated top 25 causalty nation list, now that I'm finally up there in the top 25.

Classic Seph