Blood Eagle has been performed

I never liked chefjoe or the pre-Karma Valhalla, but later versions I've had nothing against & they seemed to keep to themselves mostly.

Good luck to the former members, might be for the best to move on. Valhalla was probably never going to get past the reputation it had due to some of its earliest leaders, who made a lot enemies. If Valhalla never splintered off Anarchy Inc after the merger, maybe we would still have Anarchy Inc & it would be a good alliance. So maybe this Valhalla was just never meant to be.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buds The Man said:

Joe had gone inactive by that point in that war. It was Levi that had asked the question.  Why would I lie at this point what does it serve. 

I honestly don't know why...I assume you're just misinformed, to be honest.  CJ was *always* inactive, though that's hardly an excuse, but he was the one who made the arrangement with NPO.  Levi just didn't know.  If I were still on the same PC I'd find the logs.

I can't claim I was always a fan of Valhalla, but in their day they were certainly a formidable alliance.

The second coming didn't go so well, clearly, but a lot of awesome rulers were members at one time or another, and I'm happy at least a few are still around (hey Buds!)

5 minutes ago, Robert2424 said:

I don't think this is over yet, Your still marked as rouge.

Damn it man, I hate being marked as rouge.  I am clearly a mascara.

Also, Valhalla had some shady characters in it, a bunch of em took off when we hit the AA instead of helping their friends.  One guy left for VE and sent peace offers to avoid a beating and let us get to PM and restock lol, he then hit me again later from VE after I got knocked down and was on my own, real brave warrior type.

Anyways, it was worth everything.  I've actually been planning this since they bailed on NG, I had a specific tech and warchest target to hit before I declared and spent 1.5 years building up to it, everyone needs a goal to keep interested you know?  The sad part is, they just fell apart, I didn't even bother attacking them after I came out of PM because it was pointless.

5 hours ago, Thrash said:

Ahh, Valhalla.. the amount of crap we took from them claiming we were a crap AA and yet we're still standing strong makes me smile.

Back in the day it was also more than justified.  Simply surviving isn't winning.

9 hours ago, Chimaera said:

I honestly don't know why...I assume you're just misinformed, to be honest.  CJ was *always* inactive, though that's hardly an excuse, but he was the one who made the arrangement with NPO.  Levi just didn't know.  If I were still on the same PC I'd find the logs.

More things were compartmentalized than should have been.  But at the time of the whole NPO thing Chefjoe was legitimately not around.  You say you were talking to him at that time?  Well that would have been more contact than we had.  

Ah, Valhalla. Enemy turned friend, turned ... neither.

I don't really have an opinion of this last incarnation, but I do dislike seeing old school AAs disappear. Personally a little baffled that they didn't post their own disbandment notice, especially with as much history that that alliance had.

8 hours ago, berbers said:

Damn it man, I hate being marked as rouge.  I am clearly a mascara.

Also, Valhalla had some shady characters in it, a bunch of em took off when we hit the AA instead of helping their friends.  One guy left for VE and sent peace offers to avoid a beating and let us get to PM and restock lol, he then hit me again later from VE after I got knocked down and was on my own, real brave warrior type.

Anyways, it was worth everything.  I've actually been planning this since they bailed on NG, I had a specific tech and warchest target to hit before I declared and spent 1.5 years building up to it, everyone needs a goal to keep interested you know?  The sad part is, they just fell apart, I didn't even bother attacking them after I came out of PM because it was pointless.

That probably has nothing to do with the fact we merged with VE. Also I don't remember your warchest being all that impressive for a 1.5 year plan. I spent more on tech in half a year.

ITT this announcement exists because riley sucked at his job as MoFA. Oh well. For posterity since we don't exist anymore:

On 1/3/2014 at 7:11 AM, addictedaffliction said:

We had no no business in this war and our efforts and our decisions proved that. During my time as emissary I had no communication with the VR , no communication with the Regent when I needed it the most, and no access to the war boards. The slight discussion we had about the war breakdown was no help either cause we were split on what we should do. So the best call I could make at the time was a delayed entry. In my eyes I failed Valhalla as emissary for allowing us to get into this war.

I won't post any more because it would be completely unfair, I actually know what happened there and have never tried to spin it or distort it. Mistakes were made. You can point fingers all you want, but at the end of the day you were in charge of our foreign affairs and it's outcome.

Anyway, thanks to our allies who stood with us. Sorry NG for thinking we meant to double cross you (we didn't). w/e.

Edited by B1gAlMan

So Riley got Valhalla into the war on the "right" side delayed (then felt he failed Valhalla for lettting them get involved) and that is what this blood eagle stuff is about?

I think I might have been in hibernation during the war this is about & didn't even notice it. Anyways good job to Valhalla on at least fighting it out for a decent length of time before disbanding. You guys fought back at least and even after you disbanded its not over for those who fought you. Not a bad way to go.

I wasn't paying attention to whatever war you guys supposedly screwed up in, so I can't really comment on that.

RIP Valhalla

Edited by Sephiroth

38 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

So Riley got Valhalla into the war on the "right" side delayed (then felt he failed Valhalla for lettting them get involved) and that is what this blood eagle stuff is about?

I think I might have been in hibernation during the war this is about & didn't even notice it. Anyways good job to Valhalla on at least fighting it out for a decent length of time before disbanding. You guys fought back at least and even after you disbanded its not over for those who fought you. Not a bad way to go.

I wasn't paying attention to whatever war you guys supposedly screwed up in, so I can't really comment on that.

RIP Valhalla

NG getting hit like they did was never part of the plan from the coalition, at least not a plan we were a part of, we sent orders to hold off on the NPO nuking while we discussed options for jumping in with NG, but at the end of the day we decided not to. I believe they had been offered white peace after we expressed our disapproval very early after the war had started, which they didn't accept. If we had gone in with them, we were in line for a curb stomp that would have completely crushed us (not to mention switching sides would have also screwed our other allies over) and we thought it better to help them rebuild after the war as we'd be in a better position for the war we thought was coming (and never did, mostly because of this). By that point things were already pretty far down the gutter. It was pretty much the same situation on the Polar side too, although they were a bit more understanding of our situation.

It's all history now, though. We disbanded because of inactivity, but I guess there's just some people out there that like to take credit for sitting on the couch when their favorite sports team wins.

Edited by B1gAlMan

14 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Thats not what various members of your gov at the time told me afterwards.

Heh. 

I mean I have our entire government conversation log from while the events were happening, but we don't exist now so be proud of it and entitled to your opinion. It literally doesn't matter now.

Edited by B1gAlMan

9 hours ago, B1gAlMan said:

That probably has nothing to do with the fact we merged with VE. Also I don't remember your warchest being all that impressive for a 1.5 year plan. I spent more on tech in half a year.

ITT this announcement exists because riley sucked at his job as MoFA. Oh well. For posterity since we don't exist anymore:

I won't post any more because it would be completely unfair, I actually know what happened there and have never tried to spin it or distort it. Mistakes were made. You can point fingers all you want, but at the end of the day you were in charge of our foreign affairs and it's outcome.

Anyway, thanks to our allies who stood with us. Sorry NG for thinking we meant to double cross you (we didn't). w/e.

You mean the "glorified diplomat" position? Yes, I was in charge of that. As Hal pointed out "More things were compartmentalized than should have been." Now try and guess when I knew about the no nuking thing? It was when Chimaera brought it up. 

The majority of the gov was in favor of the war,  believe it was something like 6-2 ,  with you and I being the only ones against it. So yea, I made the delayed entry based on the overall opinion of the government, but allowed you and I time to voice our concerns,  and change their minds. Obviously we didn't accomplish that. 

9 hours ago, B1gAlMan said:

NG getting hit like they did was never part of the plan from the coalition, at least not a plan we were a part of.[/qoute]I believe it was Chimaera that said it best at the time "Chefjoe finally delivered on a promise"

we sent orders to hold off on the NPO nuking while we discussed options for jumping in with NG, but at the end of the day we decided not to.

There was no discussion on defending NG. Their was my plan/thread on helping NG and comments from gov members that i had to hound to get them to read and comment on.

I believe they had been offered white peace after we expressed our disapproval very early after the war had started, which they didn't accept.

That's news to me,  but then again I was just the glorified diplomat, so it would've been a call made by Levi or Chef, and never made aware of. 

If we had gone in with them, we were in line for a curb stomp

No, it would've evened the sides out a lot.

a better position for the war we thought was coming (and never did, mostly because of this).

Wasn't that IRON vs. TOP? Pretty sure they fought each other in the next war and you sat out.

50 minutes ago, rileyaddaff said:

It was actually bud's thread, and I'd hate to put Levi on the spot here, but:

On 11/4/2013 at 10:56 AM, Levistus said:

WB, draw up target lists for Loss using our PM nations.

Send messages to everyone already fighting TO NOT NUKE NPO.

NPO won't nuke first. WE can just play patty cake there and keep it conventional.

The whole no-nuke thing happened while we figured out if we were going to switch sides or not and the impacts it carried. It was misinterpreted and before we could even make a decision relationships had already deteriorated.

We also sat out the next war because of a similar situation.

Edited by B1gAlMan

41 minutes ago, rileyaddaff said:

Yes there was a discussion of going in for NG i made it painfully clear that the loss CB was bogus and we should defend NG as it should be considered a different front. THere were more than just a couple of people that agreed but I was only a Vanir at the time so I had no vote. 

Edited by Buds The Man

2 hours ago, Buds The Man said:

Yes there was a discussion of going in for NG i made it painfully clear that the loss CB was bogus and we should defend NG as it should be considered a different front. THere were more than just a couple of people that agreed but I was only a Vanir at the time so I had no vote. 

The worst part of it all was not a) allowing ourselves to get matched up against NPO to begin with (we were supposed to go in against C&G with IRON), b) the mess with nuking/not nuking NPO (my recollection is that lasted a day if that), c) the missed opportunity to hit LOSS even if it meant we'd be fighting on both sides (something I'll admit I was not a fan of), d) the DBDC raids (which would have never happened if we had simply cancelled the NG treaty when we talked about doing before the war), or even e) the other missed opportunities to hit other targets because "RnR might get mad" or whatever other !@#$%^&* excuse was given at the time for not getting us more engaged in the coalition fight (something I practically pleaded that we do).

No, the worst part of it was sitting around after the war was over and EVERYONE in leadership saying "!@#$ like this will never happened again!" because it couldn't happen again and Valhalla still be able to hold its collective head up, and then Levi made sure it happened again because he had a "deal".

We both did what we could in our own way to try to save the longboat before giving up in frustration, my friend.  There was just no saving her ultimately.  Inactivity may have sank her, but she had been taking on water for a long time.