Smells Like Freedom, A Non Grata Announcement

Stewie

On 4/20/2016 at 10:52 AM, President Hardin said:

All hail methrage, our fearless leader! 

Never fight out of fear, but never fear to fight!

542_Cobra_Baroness.jpg

cobrarising_zpsad0fbpte.png

Who ordered a deep fried Kashmire? The future is not a gift, it is an achievement.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that graph, kashmir has lost just over 1 mill ns. So far NG has lost nearly as much in the same time frame.Using those stats as a way of antagonizing them is fruitless when others on your side have lost just as much.

20 minutes ago, Xanth said:

In that graph, kashmir has lost just over 1 mill ns. So far NG has lost nearly as much in the same time frame.Using those stats as a way of antagonizing them is fruitless when others on your side have lost just as much.

Kashmir have lost well over half, NG has lost a small fraction. Also Last Call is probably where NG took most of that damage; SW has lost over half his alliance NS without fighting.

Considering your grudge over LD dodging an entire war in peace, it will be interesting to see how it effects Kashmir ties if he tries sitting out the entire war. Will this have still been a war worth fighting for you guys?

The cost of freedom is always high, but I'm willing to pay it.

18 hours ago, Auctor said:

Would you disagree that there's an amount of irony that goes with someone with a background in Doomsphere complaining that alliances with connections to alliances that someone is at war with have been targeted too, particularly in their upper tiers?

As someone with a background in "doom sphere", I am fully aware of "might makes right" as a philosophy, and the pluses and minuses associated.  Having power and using it to ones advantage for short term gain feels good and can be addicting. 

However, (and I've said this to plenty of people inside doom, I assure you) one needs to be careful and show restraint.  Some people listened to me, some didn't. 

No single alliance can maintain enough power to rule the world alone...yet. 

I'll spell the relationship out for those who may not understand.  The leadership of Last Call currently hold NPO in very high regard and are very likely to maintain that view after this war assuming they are treated with at least basic respect during the war.  NPO and Non Grata are allies.  It might feel good to NG people now to attack Last Call's protectorate (who from my understanding were not aiding anyone in this war and were following the "common practices" of this world) but since NG and NPO are allied,  it could result in undesirable and unintended consequences in the long run. 

But if you don't care NG, well - feel free to push an alliance that probably would otherwise of been a solid benefit to one of your current allies in the long term even closer to those who are your real long term enemies.  As someone who doesn't presently hold a favorable view of NG, I'm fine with that :P

Kashmir and Last Call are moralists. Who knew?:rolleyes:

First time anyone close to Dooms have complained about raiding. NG has never complained about life under the sword. We've been stabbed enough that we appreciate those that commit to having our backs, rather than antagonizing our friends.

And at least our protectorates fight, they just aren't expected to always fight alone like you want them to. Sorry those billion dollar warchests won't be available for rebuilding. I need to redo my living room.

12 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

Kashmir and Last Call are moralists. Who knew?:rolleyes:

First time anyone close to Dooms have complained about raiding. NG has never complained about life under the sword. We've been stabbed enough that we appreciate those that commit to having our backs, rather than antagonizing our friends.

And at least our protectorates fight, they just aren't expected to always fight alone like you want them to. Sorry those billion dollar warchests won't be available for rebuilding. I need to redo my living room.

Some posts about expediency, you confuse it with a moral position. You're not bright, are you son?

2 hours ago, Sabcat said:

Some posts about expediency, you confuse it with a moral position. You're not bright, are you son?

I don't know what else you call an attempt to impose universal values on Bob. Especially values that they never upheld themselves. Oh wait, you call that hypocrisy. I stand corrected.

Franchising your banks so they aren't flying your flag doesn't protect them. I know the Kashmir paperless credo was built on the idea that shadow ties were more strategically sound, but you shouldn't be surprised that we won't let them sit this one out.so you can be right back to hitting our protectorates next month.:war:

Edited by Duderonomy

On 5/6/2016 at 4:03 PM, Duderonomy said:

My fault. I saw Sigrun defending us and thought DMFA would do the same, so I wanted a preempt. Of course, once you start snacking you can't stop...

Please stop packing your nations with infra, people. All of that marbling goes straight to my spare tire.

Don't try to steal my move; this was all me. 

On 5/6/2016 at 4:08 PM, The Pansy said:

Caustic sucks!

Can confirm, but not for this.

29 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

Franchising your banks so they aren't flying your flag doesn't protect them. I know the Kashmir paperless credo was built on the idea that shadow ties were more strategically sound, but you shouldn't be surprised that we won't let them sit this one out.so you can be right back to hitting our protectorates next month.:war:

This is a rather harsh way of looking at it, as I recall Methrage was not an NG protectorate when the war began. 

20 minutes ago, Abshire said:

Don't try to steal my move; this was all me. 

Boy, I'm a raider. I take what I want. That includes credit for your casualty harvests. I'll roll you if I have to.B-)

13 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

This is a rather harsh way of looking at it, as I recall Methrage was not an NG protectorate when the war began. 

Aw, you think this is all about Methrage when we've got other protectorates. You really are in a love triangle with Methrage and Kashmir. That's tots adorbs.^_^

Edited by Duderonomy

16 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

Aw, you think this is all about Methrage when we've got other protectorates. You really are in a love triangle with Methrage and Kashmir. That's tots adorbs.^_^

He has to try and remain relevant since his route to relevancy vanished with DK disbanding.

Attacking uninvolved protectorates (let's be honest here; the DMFA war isn't a raid) has been a DBDC practice. Neither Kashmir nor Last Call, nor any of our predecessor alliances, have taken part in that kind of activity.

Nearly everyone in this war, on both sides, has some kind of connection to Doomsphere. Most of Oculus, including Non Grata, has a relationship of some kind with DBDC. Incidentally, neither Last Call nor Kashmir have a DBDC connection. So I don't quite see how we get to be the ones blamed for precedents set by DBDC actions.

This isn't about DBDC, who isn't aligned with anybody. DK had no problems with CBs, no overt ties to Kashmir that I knew of, and they're the ones with the smear campaign. Also, did Last Call happen to sign a treaty with Kashmir while I was gone? Or was that another one of them paperless things that you just use to do whatever the hell you want? Double-standards aren't conducive to a productive culture, mmmkay.

Shark week came early this year. Sorry, Pansy.

5 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

I don't know what else you call an attempt to impose universal values on Bob. Especially values that they never upheld themselves. Oh wait, you call that hypocrisy. I stand corrected.

You have a very limited imagination then, replace "morals" with cultural norms. There's no call to moral authority in WC's post, simply stating that going against those cultural norms to the detriment of friends of friends is not conducive to the long term stability of relationships. There's no call to "right" or "wrong" merely an opinion expressed as to the expediency of choosing those actions. You don't need to have read The Prince to understand that this is basically the opposite of moralism.

1 hour ago, Duderonomy said:

This isn't about DBDC, who isn't aligned with anybody. DK had no problems with CBs, no overt ties to Kashmir that I knew of, and they're the ones with the smear campaign. Also, did Last Call happen to sign a treaty with Kashmir while I was gone? Or was that another one of them paperless things that you just use to do whatever the hell you want? Double-standards aren't conducive to a productive culture, mmmkay.

Shark week came early this year. Sorry, Pansy.

Last Call is protected by Kashmir, it's in our original DOE :P

37 minutes ago, John Churchill said:

Last Call is protected by Kashmir, it's in our original DOE :P

So you were protecting you protector? That explains why I thought your protectorate was attacking us. I thought that it was a cultural norm for them to get involved.

NG aren't one's for fact ...... 

There's only one birdie squawkin' here, boy. And I have yet to earn a single offensive war from seven or so alliances. They all just hit PM while my war slots are full. It's maddening.:v:

Edited by Duderonomy
<3 Rayvon

5 minutes ago, Margrave said:

Wanna give the kids a no-sarcasm explanation of your CB/Why you're at war with us? I'm always amazed by the cognitive dissonance opponents exibit, and it is especially strong here.

Care to explain these "cultural norms" that apply to NG and nobody on your end? My cognitive faculties are reeling at the ethics that you project on everyone but yourselves.

At this I would like to reiterate that Cowboys is not attacking or at war with any protectorates.  

If you cannot get into the saddle without help, you are best left to mucking the stables or fetching the drinks for those of us that can.

51 minutes ago, Margrave said:

I'd prefer you give me a fully throated argumentation of the CB, for the sake of clarity. I would hate for us to get the CB's wrong for the wiki!

We'll borrow yours from Doom War on Sun. Something about people complaining about us on the interwebz.

23 minutes ago, hartfw said:

At this I would like to reiterate that Cowboys is not attacking or at war with any protectorates.  

If you cannot get into the saddle without help, you are best left to mucking the stables or fetching the drinks for those of us that can.

I always hated horses. Will walk 20 miles before I ever sit on one again.

49 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

We'll borrow yours from Doom War on Sun. Something about people complaining about us on the interwebz.

So you don't have a cogent response to inquiry, nor are you much appraised of history, got it.

49 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

So you don't have a cogent response to inquiry, nor are you much appraised of history, got it.

9 minutes ago, Margrave said:

Shut up margrave. You've embarrassed Kashmir enough with your failed attempts to escalate the war in regards to your paperless BS