Smells Like Freedom, A Non Grata Announcement

Stewie

I am going to recap for the audience, since Lord knows people around here have bad memories.

Holton found out that NpO and NG were going to preempt Kashmir. Holton was NpO's Foreign Affairs minister. Given that (1) NSO and NpO had had very friendly relations for the past two years and shared multiple allies and (2) Holton was recently ex-NSO and held fondness for NSO, Holton shared the plan with Kashmir. Kashmir went into peace mode. Word of the leak got back to NpO and they booted Holton.

NG and NpO claimed that it was en elaborate plan to root out a leak that they knew they had. I believed it. I wanted to. We were allies with NG for years. We were on very friendly terms with NpO for years. We had fought alongside NG many times. We had stood up for NpO and pushed for global wars to avoid stomping them yet again, far far before it was popular to do so.

And here we are. Either the plan to roll Kashmir back then was real and NG lied to our face or it was indeed a farce but here they are, weeks later, anyway. Either way, that NG (and NpO) are doing this is a slap in the face and that YYM referenced the Holton events with a smirk is a second slap to the face.

Ever think a new plan might have begun being formulated when Kashmir started yet another aggressive war with CA's ally, who is closely allied to NG?

Often times its the circumstances and what's going on in front of you which determine actions, rather than spending many years planning something.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever think a new plan might have begun being formulated when Kashmir started yet another aggressive war with CA's ally, who is closely allied to NG?

Often times its the circumstances and what's going on in front of you which determine actions, rather than spending many years planning something.

Serious wars that could blow up globally are not declared with little foresight, ever, and especially not due to scuffles like literal Meth-Hitchcock-etc. level microdrama. Anyone who is politically active on Bob knows this.

Further: Kashmir is allied with 1) DK, who NG has a treaty with; 2) Last Call, who NPO (NG's blocmate + longtime outside ally) has a treaty with; and 3) NSO, who NG held a treaty with for years, until recently, and who NG pretended to be on good terms with.

That kind of war is not declared without extensive previous consideration.

Edited by rabonnobar

Serious wars that could blow up globally are not declared with little foresight, ever, and especially not due to scuffles like literal Meth-Hitchcock-etc. level microdrama. Anyone who is politically active on Bob knows this.

Further: Kashmir is allied with 1) DK, who NG has a treaty with; 2) Last Call, who NPO (NG's blocmate + longtime outside ally) has a treaty with; and 3) NSO, who NG held a treaty with for years, until recently, and who NG pretended to be on good terms with.

That kind of war is not declared without extensive previous consideration.

Everyone well knows now you are either in Oculus or you're fodder. DK isn't in Oculus, so NG gives no damns about them. Last call isn't in Oculus, so NPO gives no damns about them. NSO means jack and squat to NG, because you're not big red daddy and not in Oculus. Maybe they'll sack up and just declare on the Doombirds, although so far the large Mongols have beaten down a few dozen of their upper tier and are mostly all still in the top 15 nations in the world. The Doombirds would pretty much spell the end of them having anyone above 30k tech and they'd still be in the top 15 too.

I'm sorry but doesn't Kashmir shirk the concept of treaties why would they be allied to anyone?????

They have friendships and are paperless. Does not mean they have no allies. While it is not a path for everyone, i guess we shall see how strong be the ties that bind without parchment. You could call it the acid test for the paradigm.

Of course apart from the whole paper v/s paperless debate, there is also the Moldavi Doctrine (granted, an outlier).

So yes, an interesting sequence of events could possible start off here. I am not holding my breath, but hey, you never know do you?

They have friendships and are paperless. Does not mean they have no allies. While it is not a path for everyone, i guess we shall see how strong be the ties that bind without parchment. You could call it the acid test for the paradigm.

Of course apart from the whole paper v/s paperless debate, there is also the Moldavi Doctrine (granted, an outlier).

So yes, an interesting sequence of events could possible start off here. I am not holding my breath, but hey, you never know do you?

I guess most of our treaties and relationships are paperless or optional treaties as well, but after Kashmir stabbed former friends like CA, LN, Kaskus & Monsters Inc in the back; they don't have many left on their side who would jump into a losing war for them.

Kashmir has been busy cannibalizing its own former allies over the past few years, now I think they mostly just have an ODP with Doom & NSO. Neither of which needs to be activated when Kashmir started this war.

although so far the large Mongols have beaten down a few dozen of their upper tier and are mostly all still in the top 15 nations in the world. The Doombirds would pretty much spell the end of them having anyone above 30k tech and they'd still be in the top 15 too.

This is a stretch tbh.

The bolded is what I meant.

Re: italics, I mean, maybe. But why would anyone give their enemy what it wants?

I've got to give credit where it's due, I've not been on the receiving end of a blitz like this in a long, long time, probably since 2007 (ooc never with this nation). A full on set of quads and a stagger I'm both impressed and pleased. I'm looking forwards to basking in the pretend glory of being a wondered up low tier nuke turret. See you in a few weeks Seph, I'm looking forward to it.

It's almost like it's 2012 again and NG is cherrypicking alliances to roll before the real meal is served.

It worked once, might as well work twice. 

I was just told to post this.. i don't know what the tri has planned...

*shrugs*

*goes back to eating popcorn*

Now that Valhalla has (mostly?) disbanded we have to get our angst out somehow.

I did it for you bb :)

I'mean very fond of NG, so happy hunting guys! Remember to shower frequently to get the stench of fighting alongside Meth rage off :P

So how do you guys tie here?

Are you oa-ing in with ca? As it seems you don't have a legitimate entry into this. Are you guys finally done trying to find a legitimate in on kush and decided to just say fuck it and go in unjustified?

Nowhere on your wiki or your alliance page do you claim a treaty with ln/animalz or Ca. Closest we get to any kind of clarity is a 3 word snippet on the CA page http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=11559 which last Iheard was a pprotectorate. 

Just some questions 

Xanth - See post

I wasn't aware that CA had anything to do with our treaty partners in SDS being offensively spied by the leader of Kashmir. Create whatever fictitious narrative you want, it doesn't change what happened. Also what sigrun said.

http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_spies.asp?ID=10170&Page=1&searchstring=&search=

I don't see any failed ops on SdS here. That is unless your claiming Caparo is operating as active SdS gov while "rogueing" from the (now)k.k.k. alliance. 

Edit* also Thank you for the quote. I don't read past the op anymore in any thread that centers around methrage, which is every thread these days.

Edited by Xanth

More to that point (not sorry for double post) the first spy op on their screen against kkk cane 1 day after kkk (ericsw) declared an unjustified aggressive war on a kashmir nation.

Is this what you are referring too?

It didn't fail

SirWilliam sent a personal message afterwards which indicates it was him

Unfortunately the burden of proof here is on the attacker. May we see a screenshot of said op and message? I would think if this is big enough to use as a cb by an alliance not directly involved (see lack of dow by the offended allaince) then surly there is a screenshot or some other solid proof that this happened.

Unfortunately the burden of proof here is on the attacker. May we see a screenshot of said op and message? I would think if this is big enough to use as a cb by an alliance not directly involved (see lack of dow by the offended allaince) then surly there is a screenshot or some other solid proof that this happened.

I don't have one

I'm just a lowly NG bank nowadays

Ask Caustic

Do you have authority to speak for NG or SdS? If not then I do not believe you have room to speak on those points and I would thank you to go back to your clown car and shut the $%&@ up.

Do you have the authority to ask questions about the legitimacy of their entry into a war where you aren't party to it? Stick to pretending to be a pirate like a child.

So again why do you care?

heed you own advice and shut the fuck up. :D Edited by the rebel