Supernova X - New Polar Order Peace Agreement

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A short war is what happens when your allies don't back you up? Strange logic there.

Junka bent over and surrendered, if his allies were in he wouldn't of bent over so soon.

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=800742

Whatever you say.

I remember out damaging Mogar too, good times. Edited by the rebel

Junka bent over and surrendered, if his allies were in he wouldn't of bent over so soon.

SNX did have support from allies. If they didn't, you really think Polar would've agreed to peace so soon? xD Junka could have been stubborn and prideful, he could have escalated the war but he instead swallowed his pride, showed restraint and did what's best for both SNX and it's allies. Although he did take a bit of convincing, he was very prepared for an extended war.

Point is - his allies didn't just say "optional baby", and he didn't admit defeat because he had no support.

If Polar was scared of SNX's allies then they wouldn't of declared on SNX.
All the world saw was SNX's allies pretending the war wasn't happening.

And a pre-empt war at that.

Which is fine, as truth is the rebel and I had 100 tech bet on whether or not DK would defend SNX and needless to say, he had a lot more faith in DK than I did

You pick the one and only war on Mogar's war screen who is outdamaging him lol ..... Good work.

Not only that, but the other nations fighting Mogar's target had more tech, meaning they were likely doing the nuking. It's amazing what a week of not being able to launch nukes every day will do for your damage ratios...

If Polar was scared of SNX's allies then they wouldn't of declared on SNX.
All the world saw was SNX's allies pretending the war wasn't happening.

I wouldn't say they were scared, they just didn't have much interest expanding the war through FTW. Why waste pixels over something that isn't even your goal?

*shrugs* My point still stands, Junka had support. He didn't look around and be like "Oh crap no one is with me, better surrender" like you suggest. I can understand how it may seem that way, but it simply isn't true.

And a pre-empt war at that.

inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

Alot of interesting replies, unfortunately most are very predictable, and seem to rotate around:

1. Idealizing damage ratios

2. Conspiracy theories

Personally I find both irrelevant. Then there are some hard facts: Mogar bandwaggoning during the war, RIA's treaty being cancelled, Polar not pushing ridiculous terms, SNX not requesting kinetic action against Polar. Of course people with an axe to grind find snide remarks and making tall tales more useful than the truth.

I commend Supernova X's allies on the unprecedented level of moral support shown throughout.

You could take notes on such an admirable showing... Perhaps triggering the 30th treaty isn't the way planet bob should function. I applaud DKs peace dove efforts as I am now 100 tech richer Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Nice to see peace. 

o/ Polar

o/ SNX

(I'm not a diplomat by trade) :P

LOL!  For anyone who wonders if Junka has  learned something, please note the above.  I have been in the roles of both his enemy and his ally now and as far as I'm concerned. the above is the closest to an "admission of defeat" that I've wanted to hear said by him for a log time and in BOTH roles :D

Very few of us are good at everything.  Delegate that which you do not do well,  Junka, to someone in your alliance who does - that is the secret.

Oh well... !!! 

It was a nice war.

The only disappointing issue is that it finished before having an official name... It's a bit sad when wars don't have a name.

What law is there that says a war can not be named after the fact (or that it has to involve multiple alliances for that matter)?  To the victor goes the spoils.  What do you want to name it?

Seems to me the world should have more wars like this were personal or small grudges should be kept in control of said AAs to work it out like this one with no need of always wars being all global and just being for the LOL's ... again well done to both i am sure a lot of respect has been earned around the planet.

Agreed.

Though, did he learn his lesson? 

See my point above.

Anyone with this point of view is missing a very important piece of information.  Junka (like it or not, NpO) truly admires NpO and from what he has told me plenty of times (to the point where I've told him something along the lines of "I can make up my own mind about NpO, thank you very much" a few times now) was happy when a member there.  He left NpO after being asked to go back to SNX by people in SNX and not because he wasn't happy in NpO.  This isn't to say that he got along with everyone in NpO equally,  but not everyone gets along with everyone else even in small alliances.  

Thus, yeah, when NpO later attacked SNX, he was angry and (even though NpO and SNX are not allies and had not been for around half a year) felt somewhat double crossed.  However, he listened to the advice of allies and decided to not allow his initial emotions to control his long term actions.  This is a necessary skill for a good leader of an alliance.  I said it before but I will again - Junka did not ask Doom Kingdom or (to the best of my knowledge) FTW to back SNX on a military level.  Frankly, from what he says to me, he wants a better relationship between SNX and NpO.  Well, taking that into account, his decision to keep this from expanding was well thought out and arguably the right move.

Edited by White Chocolate