Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

10 years of CN, and people still make asinine comments about peace mode. Never change, Cybernations, never change.

i wouldn't say it's asinine, the point of the post was to express my displeasure that i may end up with no one to beat on myself :(.  mostly a complaint about my own lack of targets.  and a very true and correct statement about the cowardice of "junk".

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't say it's asinine, the point of the post was to express my displeasure that i may end up with no one to beat on myself :(.  mostly a complaint about my own lack of targets.  and a very true and correct statement about the cowardice of "junk".

Shall we beat a dead horse together, you and I?

I'm going to insult our collective intelligence by explaining this, on the off chance that you are not familiar with how this dance goes: Alliance's shift nations periodically into peace mode/war mode in long engagements in order to optimize their military efforts. There's nothing cowardly about utilizing strategy, and beating the drum and going on about how cowardly SNX is when Polaris is much more powerful than SNX in Nation Strength is either obtuse or incredibly disingenuous.

You made me agree with Chimaera, you filthy animals.

Glad to see the Moralist Age of Polaris is well and truly over; it was always just a matter of time before they broke out the jackboots again.

Good luck with your noCB war! 

Obligatory "You were my brother once, Schatt; I loved you!" at Schattenmann.

The only time/place I've ever been a moralist is while people have been using it to insult me.  If honor is what people who claim honor do, I'm glad not to have any of it, and I first said that in 2008.

I know as much about this war as the next guy, and if you and Chimaera are correct and we have to step on SNX to do the right thing and get after the Doom cluster, that's fine by me, and convolution is right up my slinky alley.

In fact, the irony of Chimaera's post is that Doom-whatever worked in the beginning because it was a bunch of bored people who realized that physics meant they could do what they wanted regardless of the gridlock, apathy, and stagnation around them.  Then they started signing treaties and continued spouting their friendship-as-foreign-policy kindergarten crap.  Can't do both.  Can't do both.  They're incommensurate.  They're irreconcilable.  Can't protect/ride with friends without regard to normal people politics and sign treaties.  Can't ignore normal people conventions about AA fluidity and dual membership and sign treaties.  Can't run roughshod over the system and sign into the system.

If the government of Polaris is thumping SNX to get to Doom-whatever, it's because Doom has made itself vulnerable by linking into the system they first eschewed.  SNX is here because they signed up for the ride.  They made that decision as a sovereign alliance lead by a man with a keen understanding of foreign policy.  Don't patronize SNX.

---------------------

Let's have a war without this peace mode discussion, GOD but it's boring and awful. 

Edited by Schattenmann

Good luck Polaris. Crush them like cockroaches.

(And in doing so finally accepting some culpability in your alliance's responsibility for raising the profile of Tywin/Junka and enabling his band of sycophants Supernova X)

Edited by Ch33kY

Shall we beat a dead horse together, you and I?

I'm going to insult our collective intelligence by explaining this, on the off chance that you are not familiar with how this dance goes: Alliance's shift nations periodically into peace mode/war mode in long engagements in order to optimize their military efforts. There's nothing cowardly about utilizing strategy, and beating the drum and going on about how cowardly SNX is when Polaris is much more powerful than SNX in Nation Strength is either obtuse or incredibly disingenuous.

An alliance led by someone who perpetually keeps his nation out of range of anyone who could injure them has more than one way of being construed as cowardly.  And, SNX does have treaties, I'd be amazed if they don't activate them.  I doubt this war will remain in a vacuum.

An alliance led by someone who perpetually keeps his nation out of range of anyone who could injure them has more than one way of being construed as cowardly.  And, SNX does have treaties, I'd be amazed if they don't activate them.  I doubt this war will remain in a vacuum.

I agree with Nick ghostwolf. Good admin... i don't even know what to say.. (that has never happened before)

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

This is SNX, after all, it is unlikely they will request assistance ever, remember SNX were the primary target to attempt to draw Polar in last major war.

So junka asking you to stop tech dealing with meth and co. made you that mad aye? Doubt it. Good to finally see this up, that 24 hr wait was excruciating

Nah, I told Junka we were dealing with Meth and Co, and offered him the same deal.

edit.  This difference in Meth and SNX is Meth actually sent his tech up front.  SNX never sent it at all.

Edited by EaTeMuP