Siberian Tiger Alliance Announcement

untitled4bl1-1.jpg

Siberian Tiger Alliance Announcement

After over nine years and discussion among our membership it has been decided that the Siberian Tiger Alliance will disband with immediate effect.

Our allies at the Orange Defense Network will be protecting the Siberian Tiger Alliance alliance affiliation in perpetuity. I will remain on the alliance affiliation until I am the last nation carrying the alliance affiliation after which I will turn off the lights and close the door on what has been an enjoyable and eventful nine years.

I would like to thank all our members over the years who have each contributed to the culture of the alliance. With so many great people having been involved in the alliance over the duration I don't want to name names for fear of forgetting someone important and causing offence. Without the community at the Siberian Tiger Alliance I am sure many of us would have departed the Cyberverse long ago, myself included. So thanks to all of you for your efforts and commitment to the alliance.

To our allies over the years from the early days under New Polar Order protection through to the repaired relationship with The Phoenix Federation to today with a single ally remaining, the Orange Defense Network. I'd like to thank all our allies, past and present for making the Cyberverse a more interesting place and for standing by us through thick and thin as we stood by you.

I think it was fitting that our final act on the world scene was to go to war one last time to defend an ally against great odds and I am proud that our members, many of whom had a foot out the door of the Cyberverse, rallied together and did the alliance proud once again.

With that, the Siberian Tiger Alliance bids the Cyberverse farewell. So long and thanks for all the Twinkies.

Za Sibir'!

Crown Prince Mishka of Tygaland

Former Supreme Chancellor of the Siberian Tiger Alliance

High Priest and Grand Arbiter of the Cybernations Church of Moralism

Edited by Tygaland

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

odn_announcement.png

This is one of the saddest days in CN. We will remember this dat as the day when one of the most honorable alliances decided it's time to rest. We were proud to call STA brothers. Let's put differences aside and wish the tigers all the best in their endeavours.

Orange Defense Network will protect the STA in game affiliation.

Edited by bucovina

"Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of Bob comes the end of our fellowship in Cybernations. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.”

In two weeks I will have reached six years of STA membership. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather have spent that time. Thank you to all Tigers past and present. We truly have been one of a kind.

Za Sibir!

Sad news. I always held STA in high regards and when you guys cut ties with Polar while I was there it was a kick in the gut to a whole lot of us over there.  Thanks for making Planet Bob a little more sane and livable. You guys will be missed.

o/ STA

I must admit I have some mixed emotions (sadness and relief) with the official disbanding of the STA.

Weird some of the things I remember about CN. I started my nation back in March of 09 and within two weeks was a member of the STA, the only alliance I have ever been a part of. It was an interesting time for me, a fella named Ivan Moldalvi had started a star wars themed alliance. Being a big star wars fan I was tempted to join an alliance called The New Sith Order but for whatever reason a recruitment message from some guy named Crown Prince Mishka caught my attention. Aside from the weird name I think it was the 3m promised to new recruits, seemed like a lot of money and tigers are kinda cool so off to the STA forums I went.

Or when I first started tech dealing. Back then there was an abundance of sellers so I was selling outside the alliance, decided to sell to anyone allied to the STA at the time. I got NPO and NpO mixed up, started selling tech to Arcades07 at 3/50. I hated having empty slots so after one of our deals was completed I sent out 50 tech before getting paid. The Karma war started and I never saw my money. Like I said, weird how I remember that.

When I think back on my fondest moments I think of Frostbite and the Bi-Polar war, those were fun times. After that it was a slow ride down hill. Met some cool people along the way, wasted way more time playing CN than I thought possible. As time rolled on gameplay became a second thought. Logging on to the STA forums became a habit as much as anything, although I have had some enjoyable conversations with various members. I think that is what I will miss the most when all is said and done.

Anywho thanks to everyone past and present who made the STA the unique community it was.

STA is disbanding :(

I've been both a diplomat to STA and at war with STA in the past, and you always had high ethical standards, something this world always needs more of. CN will miss you.

Welp, time to pack it all up and turn out the lights. STA are disbanding. :(

We were never allied and didn't interact all that much, but I have always had a healthy amount of respect for you folks. Hopefully you find good homes out there and while we're losing yet another old school alliance, hopefully we're not also losing more active members of the community.

STA you were great allies and great friends.

I'm sad to see this day come.  I hope a few of you that ive become friendly with decide to stick around just for the pleasure of your company.

I wish those of you leaving for good best wishes in your future endeavors.

And i'm honored we are able to do this last service for you of protecting your AA while you go through this process.

All in all... as a long time Pacifican... I must say this saddens me.

Good run Tyga, good run STA. 

A toast for STA!

"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods and the seasons of mists. And may each and everyone of us always give the devil his due"(Gaiman)

Cheers and good luck.