Favorite Global Wars?

Sephiroth

My first Global War was the noCB War (War of the Coalition). I had recently reached the top 5% allowing me to buy nukes, then MP came out shortly after. The next wonder I bought after getting to a high enough NS rank to buy nukes was buy the MP, ensuring I would never lose the ability. Then not long after I left the FCC due to the government being to divided to declare war in defense of MK & me knowing the political realities of The Citadel being against any involvement, this was despite me recently being appointed a High Court Judge after being reelected Senator two elections in a row. My experience in 6 vs 1 war during this war as a member of MK would come to shape how I setup the military of Onyx Hand & FCC after Onyx Hand merged back into FCC, being all former members. I ended up winning the position with everyone voting for me except 1 abstainer. Even the other person who threw their name in voted for me, so they were exciting times as I had a mission to get the FCC ready to defeat the NPO in the next Global War I would participate in, despite never having never been in a war Pre-Karma.

My next major war was the Karma War. Almost like Fate after I become King with the new FCC/Onyx Hand Merger, also the other anti-NPO elements within The Citadel became increasingly active after NPO let NpO fall. This killed the important dynamic they had where even if one of them had allies turn on them, with both having their own sphere of allies while being almost the same alliance; it gave them an extra advantage in manipulating the treaty web. In this war as the leader of an alliance in The Citadel, which was a bloc with a majority of its members in both the Citadel & Continuum at one point. So I was involved in the pre-planning during the buildup to Karma. In this war I would have liked to fight NPO directly, since I had seen them as my opponent until then. (With their constant "Do something about it" taunts) However coalition planning ended up getting me to hit IRON along with Gremlins, which is a war we won. I think Valhalla was another target we were considering at the time. Although unlike some others on the side of Karma, my grudge with NPO ended with their defeat that war. 

I've been in countless other wars after, including the BiPolar War, NPO-PB War, Equillibrium War, among others. The Equillibrium War was probably the next most interesting plotwise after Karma & the next for me to be on the winning side after Karma. Those I pushed for the FCC to treaty back when NPO was the enemy (Such as MK & Umbrella) ended up being the next hegemony I'd eventually oppose. During this I was a member of CA, who was allied with Anarchy Inc. Also this war was among those with the most even sides of any recent wars.

Most major global wars I've offered assistance to the smaller side since I enjoy fighting superior numbers and giving myself more of a challenge often times, however the Karma War & Equilibrium were exceptions in them being necessary wars, which had a lot of building & reason behind them.

So I would list the noCB War, Karma War & Equilibrium War as my 3 favorite big ones; since there was a big reason to fight. Although I've enjoyed all them regardless of being on the winning or losing side. What are your favorite 3 Global Wars & why?

Edited by Sephiroth

Every war is different.

- noCB was probably the best for me.  MK going out with a bang into a war we didn't expect to survive, and doing it in a way that we would do maximum damage to NPO, and having tons of fun with it on these boards (as well as internally), was really fun.

- Karma was the most fun as a revolutionary war, and coming together with tons of different alliances.

- Dave93 was the funniest war to be part of the planning off, setting that stupid trap for CSN, and not giving a s*** about how stupid it was.

- Equilibrium was really funny for how incredibly incompetent our enemies were.  Unfortunately due to our side being fairly dysfunctional too (no one could agree on a strategy and everyone did their own thing), and the numbers disadvantage, we weren't able to capitalize on it.

I missed Bipolar  :(  I imagine that would have been the best.

My favourite was No Vision. It was the first time I was large enough to make any sort of an impact/do any damage in a war. Plus everyone who curb stomped me was super friendly and had some great banter. Also the propaganda was pretty decent :p

Rip IAA

Edited by gowfanatic

Every war is different.

- noCB was probably the best for me.  MK going out with a bang into a war we didn't expect to survive, and doing it in a way that we would do maximum damage to NPO, and having tons of fun with it on these boards (as well as internally), was really fun.

- Karma was the most fun as a revolutionary war, and coming together with tons of different alliances.

- Dave93 was the funniest war to be part of the planning off, setting that stupid trap for CSN, and not giving a s*** about how stupid it was.

- Equilibrium was really funny for how incredibly incompetent our enemies were.  Unfortunately due to our side being fairly dysfunctional too (no one could agree on a strategy and everyone did their own thing), and the numbers disadvantage, we weren't able to capitalize on it.

I missed Bipolar   :(  I imagine that would have been the best.

BiPolar was among the most fun to fight in, it was a lot like the noCB War. Since I was in NSO, who ended up fighting a bunch of alliances for both phases of the war.

Every war is different.

I missed Bipolar   :(  I imagine that would have been the best.

I loved Equilibrium myself. I still think an across the board top-down strategy could have won us that war. Unfortunately, the surprise move of the derp-rush was a good an element to ruin that. I don't think VE likes me much because of that war. GATO still did really well up top and all of us together? Would have been interesting....

GATO got a good friend out of the deal working with and being of the same mind as NG in that fight. Also I got to talk a lot of shit and was the target of a Schattenman expose....

Damn fine scrap imo.

They're all good, even the boring ones.

I had very limited internet access at one point so rather than peacemode I left Athens to sit on none on the red team while in warmode as that colour still had blanket raid protection.

About week later Karma war started and got numerous messages from many alliances leadership and members trying to claim I was secret NPO nation.

It was very surreal and funny and ironically became my favourite war even though I never fought in it.

My first Global War was the noCB War (War of the Coalition). I had recently reached the top 5% allowing me to buy nukes, then MP came out shortly after. The next wonder I bought after getting to a high enough NS rank to buy nukes was buy the MP, ensuring I would never lose the ability. Then not long after I left the FCC due to the government being to divided to declare war in defense of MK & me knowing the political realities of The Citadel being against any involvement, this was despite me recently being appointed a High Court Judge after being reelected Senator two elections in a row. My experience in 6 vs 1 war during this war as a member of MK would come to shape how I setup the military of Onyx Hand & FCC after Onyx Hand merged back into FCC, being all former members. I ended up winning the position with everyone voting for me except 1 abstainer. Even the other person who threw their name in voted for me, so they were exciting times as I had a mission to get the FCC ready to defeat the NPO in the next Global War I would participate in, despite never having never been in a war Pre-Karma.

My next major war was the Karma War. Almost like Fate after I become King with the new FCC/Onyx Hand Merger, also the other anti-NPO elements within The Citadel became increasingly active after NPO let NpO fall. This killed the important dynamic they had where even if one of them had allies turn on them, with both having their own sphere of allies while being almost the same alliance; it gave them an extra advantage in manipulating the treaty web. In this war as the leader of an alliance in The Citadel, which was a bloc with a majority of its members in both the Citadel & Continuum at one point. So I was involved in the pre-planning during the buildup to Karma. In this war I would have liked to fight NPO directly, since I had seen them as my opponent until then. (With their constant "Do something about it" taunts) However coalition planning ended up getting me to hit IRON along with Gremlins, which is a war we won. I think Valhalla was another target we were considering at the time. Although unlike some others on the side of Karma, my grudge with NPO ended with their defeat that war. 

I've been in countless other wars after, including the BiPolar War, NPO-PB War, Equillibrium War, among others. The Equillibrium War was probably the next most interesting plotwise after Karma & the next for me to be on the winning side after Karma. Those I pushed for the FCC to treaty back when NPO was the enemy (Such as MK & Umbrella) ended up being the next hegemony I'd eventually oppose. During this I was a member of CA, who was allied with Anarchy Inc. Also this war was among those with the most even sides of any recent wars.

Most major global wars I've offered assistance to the smaller side since I enjoy fighting superior numbers and giving myself more of a challenge often times, however the Karma War & Equilibrium were exceptions in them being necessary wars, which had a lot of building & reason behind them.

So I would list the noCB War, Karma War & Equilibrium War as my 3 favorite big ones; since there was a big reason to fight. Although I've enjoyed all them regardless of being on the winning or losing side. What are your favorite 3 Global Wars & why?

Look at what you have become now, someone who has to bring up the past in the hope people will remember you, however we all remember the real you as it shows in every post, a small minded, small nation.

You would be like a heavy weight boxer who got to old to fight in his own weight class so dropped to featherweight in order to win a fight, only if you lost all your wonders I wonder just how many would slap you silly.

As for the best global war of all time it would have to be Karma, as so many alliance had proven that day they was willing to turn their back on treaties and friendships in order to save pixels you know just like FCC.

Now that I read the whole wall of text the "Almost like Fate after I become King" thing made me lol. I wonder how many nations FCC actually had when he took over, my guess is there was like five nations left or it was some restart micro.

Edited by Immortan Junka

Now that I read the whole wall of text the "Almost like Fate after I become King" thing made me lol. I wonder how many nations FCC actually had when he took over, my guess is there was like five nations left or it was some restart micro.

From what i recall they have 11, might be wrong it was a very long time ago, like what 5000000 years BC or something like that.

I'm not sure I have a favorite as I like them all. But to me the most interesting perhaps was the Equilibrium war. I didn't get to fight in it, but was cool to watch it go down, and the fighters were pretty on point.

Eh, it was more like 30-40-ish pretty good for FCC. He wasn't a bad King of FCC for the most part. 

I brought it from around 400k NS when I took over to 1.6m for the Karma War, the state it was in when I took over made the war machine I created from it even more rewarding. With some nations with a lot of money wiling to contribute into aid programs & a good recruiter, I expanded our ranks a lot & got every nation to 5k infra; then nuclear capable until every nation was nuclear capable & the alliance grew 4x the size in not even a long amount of time.

Yeah Roq is correct. Back when Meth was in FCC, he was a good guy. After he left FCC, he has gone downhill trying to amount to anything at all. 

Meth was okay in my eyes as long as the GOONS fued was ongoing, I could see where he was coming from. But now, it's really hard to keep track of all the shens and AAs he's been into. But I suppose he keeps a certain segment of the bob engaged, which isnt too bad. 

Hmm, I'd have to go with Bi-Polar. Once Polar joined SG's side, we knew the odds were heavily stacked against us, but morale stayed high. We were very determined, and it made it all the more fun. Although we lost, it was an offensive to be remembered.

Even as we prepared to surrender and disband our coalition, we secretly swore vengeance and agreed to long-term plans to follow after our decentralization. The plan in a nutshell was simply divide and conquer. I'm not naive enough to believe this was a unique plan of great inspiration, but it was fun being a part of it and seeing it play out.

Well, half-way play out. Leaders changed, feelings changed, priorities changed, and there was nothing legally binding us. I have very little idea how many even really remembered and tried to keep to the plan, and how much was just coincidence/would've happened anyway.. all I know, is that buddying up with MK and isolating/rolling NpO/SF was the first part, and it played out very much like how we planned. The second part was supposed to be rolling MK, but that never happened. ( Thanks a lot, TOP! :P )

It's been so many years since this happened. If there are any others that remember this I'd love to catch up/hear your take on it. It was rarely talked about, even in private, post-decentralization. Couldn't risk SG catching us plotting. PM me if you'd prefer. :)

Yep, pretty much everyone wronged were biding the time to hit back at Polar.  I recall we had a subforum at TOP forums. Tho, leaders did change but it was a kind of thing everyone were expecting anyway and was a matter of timing and oppurtunity, tho when the war had ended, no one really thought the vengeance would come so early. I thought we'd probably have to wait atleast 1-2 more cycles of war to get the chance. But Polar-MK relations blew up and MK was looking to re-establish some sort of power base and at that time, nobody other than TOP really liked MK, but everyone hated NpO more. 

I guess I would have to say Karma, though of course I was sorely disappointed by the end, it was the only one I actually felt any personal investment in really. 

Other than that I've only fought in global wars because friends/allies needed me.

I greatly prefer smaller, more local wars. Guess I just need a reason to fight.

My favorite war was the one that brought the NPO down... I can't remember the name of that war right now (was that one the "Karma war").

It's my favorite war because it's the war that splits the history of CN in two. This isn't an argument against the NPO, but it was certainly the fall of the biggest Empire that CN ever knew.

Whilst Bi-Polar is overrated... it was "funny" because it was a war that involved humorous or paradoxical situations and Polaris had to do the strangest things in the whole of its History... but I don't think it is a war that defines the history of CN.

I'd agree Karma was more defining in CN's history, but it was also more lop-sided. For the losers ( which I was on the losing side ), we went into to knowing we had 0 chance what-so-ever. So we don't remember it very fondly. (tho it was still fun)