A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last warning was 3 years ago or more. Not all that worried that I'll be banned in my going away message however long that may be.

I'm sorry I never got to know you.  I recognize your name.  I respect your audacity and wish you as much fun as you can get on the way out.

I was told to come back and look at this, as it was partially my fault for holding the "don't drop TPF cause history and things" stance for years and years.  I would like to counter that had I not, JudgeX would not be around now and actively posting his upset. It was my pleasure.

So, it is all YOUR fault . Now we know, its mean Red . 

So, it is all YOUR fault . Now we know, its mean Red . 

I take full responsibly for absolutely everything JudgeX is now mad about.  Feel free to visit some endless wars on Reavers.  

I was told to come back and look at this, as it was partially my fault for holding the "don't drop TPF cause history and things" stance for years and years.  I would like to counter that had I not, JudgeX would not be around now and actively posting his upset. It was my pleasure.

Honestly, that might have been the cruelest thing you ever did to us. You sure didn't do us any favors - in all the time I've been in or around TPF, I honestly can't think of a single instance where we were honestly better off for being allied to NPO. 

What really keeps me steaming though, is that during the last war NPO talked endlessly about how we had drifted apart, how our goals hadn't been similar in quite some time, which of course is all true. What you may have forgotten is that sometime around the end of 2013, maybe the spring of 2014, TPF underwent a change in leadership and it was debated at length whether to cancel on NPO. In the end, we all got together and you talked us out of it. 

I just can't help but think how our future might have been different (and undeniably in a positive way) over the last 6 or 7 years had we done like so many other alliances (including pretty much all of your current allies) and told you to $%&@ off and went in a different direction. I can't blame you for that, though, the fault on that one lies squarely with us. 

For the record, I was among the TPF members most vocal about keeping the NPO treaty, and for the record, I feel really foolish about it in hindsight, and probably will for quite some time.

Edited by memoryproblems

Hindsight is 20/20, MP.  For years and years NPO kept right on going, making the moves we thought were best and you guys were just attached and dragged along... like some weird benign lump you need to talk to the doctor about.  I was the patron saint of lost causes back then. We all knew you were all but dead, still I told Farrin not to drop you.  I told Brehon not to drop you.  I'm getting old. My memory might be going, but I think I told Cortath not to drop you too.  I wanted the nostalgia of TPF.  I thought because of our history, you were owed real effort to fix it. Really what you were owed was the respect of a proper cancellation thread and a clean cutting of ties.  You didn't get that partially because of me.  So, in earnest, I apologize. 

But please, don't stop JudgeX from posting on my account.  He's legitimately the only thing worth reading here since 2012. I will be very sad if he stops. 

Hindsight is 20/20, MP.  For years and years NPO kept right on going, making the moves we thought were best and you guys were just attached and dragged along... like some weird benign lump you need to talk to the doctor about.  I was the patron saint of lost causes back then. We all knew you were all but dead, still I told Farrin not to drop you.  I told Brehon not to drop you.  I'm getting old. My memory might be going, but I think I told Cortath not to drop you too.  I wanted the nostalgia of TPF.  I thought because of our history, you were owed real effort to fix it. Really what you were owed was the respect of a proper cancellation thread and a clean cutting of ties.  You didn't get that partially because of me.  So, in earnest, I apologize. 

But please, don't stop JudgeX from posting on my account.  He's legitimately the only thing worth reading here since 2012. I will be very sad if he stops. 

I'm more concerned they listened to you about FA, everyone knows nothing good comes from listening to Red about FA

I'm more concerned they listened to you about FA, everyone knows nothing good comes from listening to Red about FA

This is very true. What the hell were they thinking?  I mean seriously... look what I did to FARK. 

The funny thing is that we passed more than a few treaties up in order to stay allied to Pacifica.

Pacifica should ask all their current allies who weren't allied after the no cb war, who asked us to drop you to sign a treaty. If they could muster the courage it'd shock me.

Pacifica also asked us to drop NSO several times and I refused and kept trying to patch things together even though it didn't work out.

This war isn't for any hate towards NPO. It is so that all of Bob realizes that everyone is expendable for NPO and a few other alliances to win and thus destroy this world. It is just that TPF bears at least a decent amount of responsibility for their continued destruction and success.

Don't get me wrong, there is some hate for NPO, not for general membership. But, I would say goes back to Gov't members old and new, choices made back then and now. So many things here and there, then and now.

It was really set in stone though when during FA talks with NPO, talking about what directions each of us want to go and are going and then NPO treaties up with DT, not a peep about it to us the "longest standing treaty partners"  right there knew were were the meat shields and just follow what the master says.

Sorry, over the years we followed and followed.

We stand up for ourselves once and now WE are the bad AA. SO BE IT.  

I think i put it perfectly this way : 

Does one take the same sip of cool aid for 8 yrs (NPO),  one might want a bit of whiskey. (anything other than NPO) 

TPF are at least fighting for their own reasons for once & are more interesting than most alliances out there who avoid confrontation even when pushed. So good luck & enjoy fighting for what you believe right.

It beats fading into inactivity without making one last battle cry before disappearing at least.

It was really set in stone though when during FA talks with NPO, talking about what directions each of us want to go and are going and then NPO treaties up with DT, not a peep about it to us the "longest standing treaty partners"  right there knew were were the meat shields and just follow what the master says.

Side note, I'm honestly proud that NPO FA herded up enough TPF gov to sit down and have that conversation to begin with. I remember trying to talk to you guys. Unless things have drastically changed, that could not have been easy.  

I have a hard time getting any further on the feel sorry for TPF train.  See, I was there when FAN was FAN.  You are no FAN.  You're just an AA that died sometime in 2010, and was never able to find gov willing to commit the time and energy into renewing you, or even to cancel a treaty with an ally that was going somewhere you didn't want to go. That would have required you to actively seek out a new FA path, also known as effort. 

It's not like that happened overnight by the way.  I remember someone getting pissed off when NPO treatied NG. 

You have a right to be mad that NPO circa 2009 got you killed.  You have legit grievance regarding the years that followed where NPO held onto you for internal morale  reasons instead of letting you go while you still had a chance to do your own thing.  Being pissed off that you had to honor a treaty with people you didn't like because you didn't bother to cancel and that once the treaty was gone, you would actually have to do work to avoid being on the wrong side of the next war is just silliness.  

Side note, I'm honestly proud that NPO FA herded up enough TPF gov to sit down and have that conversation to begin with. I remember trying to talk to you guys. Unless things have drastically changed, that could not have been easy.  

I have a hard time getting any further on the feel sorry for TPF train.  See, I was there when FAN was FAN.  You are no FAN.  You're just an AA that died sometime in 2010, and was never able to find gov willing to commit the time and energy into renewing you, or even to cancel a treaty with an ally that was going somewhere you didn't want to go. That would have required you to actively seek out a new FA path, also known as effort. 

It's not like that happened overnight by the way.  I remember someone getting pissed off when NPO treatied NG. 

You have a right to be mad that NPO circa 2009 got you killed.  You have legit grievance regarding the years that followed where NPO held onto you for internal morale  reasons instead of letting you go while you still had a chance to do your own thing.  Being pissed off that you had to honor a treaty with people you didn't like because you didn't bother to cancel and that once the treaty was gone, you would actually have to do work to avoid being on the wrong side of the next war is just silliness.  

If you knew how to contact me, on our forums or on IRC , when my name is there I am there. I don't sit and make you wonder if its me or not.  But, I can't talk for the rest of gov't in past years.  That is the past. 

Feel sorry for us ?  Why would you want to feel sorry for us, we are doing what we want, sipping a bunch of whiskey. Come join in, more the merrier :)

We all knew you were all but dead, still I told Farrin not to drop you.  I told Brehon not to drop you.  I'm getting old. My memory might be going, but I think I told Cortath not to drop you too.  I wanted the nostalgia of TPF.  I thought because of our history, you were owed real effort to fix it. 

I doubt that. NPO doesn't sever ties with allies until they've used them for everything they're worth, and I really doubt the part about Cortath, as that'd be placing that around the time when nobody (and I do mean nobody) wanted anything to do with NPO. You look at NPO's current allies, and with the exception of NATO, they were all busy during that time either ignoring NPO's attempts to recreate their image or directly participating in planning wars against NPO. 

At any rate, we didn't stay allied to NPO because it was easy or because we didn't have the activity to do otherwise. Nostalgia weighed on us as well, we too felt there was something there worth saving, unfortunately we were wrong.

Jesus !@#$@#$ christ, get over yourself already. 

A side note to anybody who's interested in FA, showing up on IRC and expecting somebody to be there 24/7 and willing to drop whatever they're working on to deal with your !@#$%^&* is going to lead to some frustration. We could always be found if you sought us, it's not our fault if you didn't try. 

Edited by memoryproblems

There's no call for such poor manners towards someone who has been respectful and honest with you.

I'll be honest, though not respectful; I've never liked TPF. I though Mhawk was an easily manipulated emotional blowhard, Slayer was an arrogant ass (I say was, as I don't know him now). Your alliance had to be shamed into some truly weak counters along with the rest of the Coalition of Cowards back in Karma. Your alliance has been home to some truly boorish and boring members, and since Karma you've done nothing interesting except slavishly follow around NPO, get burned by NPO, and then whine about it.

I would trade all your history to have a dozen better, more deserving alliances and players back in the world, and I will crack open a cold one and roast weenies over the embers of your memories with nary a tear. NPO, love them or hate them, will live forever.

You and all your works will be forgotten.

There's no call for such poor manners towards someone who has been respectful and honest with you.

I'll be honest, though not respectful; I've never liked TPF. I though Mhawk was an easily manipulated emotional blowhard, Slayer was an arrogant ass (I say was, as I don't know him now). Your alliance had to be shamed into some truly weak counters along with the rest of the Coalition of Cowards back in Karma. Your alliance has been home to some truly boorish and boring members, and since Karma you've done nothing interesting except slavishly follow around NPO, get burned by NPO, and then whine about it.

I would trade all your history to have a dozen better, more deserving alliances and players back in the world, and I will crack open a cold one and roast weenies over the embers of your memories with nary a tear. NPO, love them or hate them, will live forever.

Pretty much this, I remember seeing logs of the massive butthurt you threw NPO's way when they planned to sign us. You let personal feelings get in the way of pragmatism then got buttmad as $%&@ when we proved over and over again to be the more reliable and resourceful ally. TPF was, and still is a useless worthless bloated husk of NS that no one will even bother to remember when you're gone. We've made our mark on this world, you've done absolutely nothing and then followed up by kicking and whining your way out like petulant children. Enjoy retirement boys!

Edited by Caustic

I doubt that. NPO doesn't sever ties with allies until they've used them for everything they're worth, and I really doubt the part about Cortath, as that'd be placing that around the time when nobody (and I do mean nobody) wanted anything to do with NPO. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure Cortath put his signature on at least five treaties during his reign besides your own.  Invicta, NSO, TIO (funny Farrin related story on that one. See me for details).  A couple of really bad idea protectorates. So a few people liked us. Karma was a rough thing to get past, but NPO managed. Some didn't. 

Now, as this is a pretty fluid place, and you're talking about over five years ago, I'm sure NPO's friends now weren't their friends then. Most AAs don't stay so stagnant in their treaty web for that long as it inhibit their ability to do anything politically.   More to the point though, you guys have been gone a long time, MP.   NPO should have cut you loose the second they realized it. Had they, you might have found yourself in a better place now as you would have been forced into some sort of activity if only to tie yourselves to the other end of the web.  I've already apologized in earnest for my part in actively perpetuating that.  

Everything beyond that point is beating a dead horse. You guys really should stick to the argument on which you have any ground.  Your gov and mine failed TPF years ago when both of us held on to a treaty for stupid reasons. 

TPF was, and still is a useless worthless bloated husk of NS that no one will even bother to remember when you're gone. We've made our mark on this world, you've done absolutely nothing and then followed up by kicking and whining your way out like petulant children. Enjoy retirement boys!

It's a shame that saying something and over and over doesn't make it true. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure Cortath put his signature on at least five treaties during his reign besides your own.  Invicta, NSO, TIO (funny Farrin related story on that one. See me for details).  A couple of really bad idea protectorates. So a few people liked us. Karma was a rough thing to get past, but NPO managed. Some didn't. 

Now, as this is a pretty fluid place, and you're talking about over five years ago, I'm sure NPO's friends now weren't their friends then. Most AAs don't stay so stagnant in their treaty web for that long as it inhibit their ability to do anything politically.   More to the point though, you guys have been gone a long time, MP.   NPO should have cut you loose the second they realized it. Had they, you might have found yourself in a better place now as you would have been forced into some sort of activity if only to tie yourselves to the other end of the web.  I've already apologized in earnest for my part in actively perpetuating that.  

Everything beyond that point is beating a dead horse. You guys really should stick to the argument on which you have any ground.  Your gov and mine failed TPF years ago when both of us held on to a treaty for stupid reasons. 

Given the way that NPO was routinely beaten down in the years following Karma, the vast difference in the sizes of the side that liked them and the side that disliked them, I stand behind saying that nobody wanted to do anything to do with them, even if it is somewhat of an exaggeration. 

I don't feel that TPF was ever as dead as you seem to think they are. I don't think that our lack of movement is a sign of inactivity or lack of effort at all - some alliances take treaties more seriously then others. I really don't see why you seem so insistent that NPO should have cancelled on us, from their perspective I think it was always the wise move to keep us, for it never cost them anything. On the flip side, we should have made move a long long time ago, for being treatied to NPO did cost us a great deal at various points and never provided us any benefit. In hindsight that was probably the biggest mistake we ever made, and the fault on that lies entirely with us. I think all along the idea of what NPO was that we had in our mind and the reality of what they actually were were quite different. 

I know we're doing something right when you again post such ignorant rubbish about our alliance.  If only you would forget us.  Please.

As one of the members of NPO's FA staff who had to try to keep you up to speed, you were not active. We would go for weeks and weeks without seeing any member of your gov't in our join IRC channel, and often have to send messages in game to give important updates.

With hindsight it would have been best for the treaty to have ended when our one with NSO did (when the two of you were at each others throats).