A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

2 hours ago, Auctor said:

This argument that we didn't "need" to preempt TPF is stupid. Doing so gave us a great tactical advantage. No one forced TPF to treaty MI6 as far as I'm aware - they chose where they stood and we took them at their word.

A great tactical advantage in a curbstomp of that magnitude?  That's patently silly.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no Marquess of Queensbury rules in war. I'm perfectly comfortable with making my curbstomps as complete and efficient as possible. It's not as if you guys didn't embrace the exact same philosophy back when you were in a position to do so.

15 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

Don't be silly, we both know that TPF would have outsourced any tactical decisions to LiquidMercury and done whatever he told them to do, no matter how crazy it seemed.

Not after I took over. That's where the falling out began. I refused to attack a direct ally of STA when, 1 they had not attacked a treaty partner and 2 it would force tension between STA and their treaty partner. Oh that was fun! The coalition constantly pushing NPO to get us to do their bidding and we didn't. That was the breaking point. We wouldn't fetch anymore. Then Roadie took over and they thought it would change back. It didn't and that wasn't egg on their faces, but that's another story. I had left shortly after that.

12 hours ago, Auctor said:

There are no Marquess of Queensbury rules in war. I'm perfectly comfortable with making my curbstomps as complete and efficient as possible. It's not as if you guys didn't embrace the exact same philosophy back when you were in a position to do so.

When the odds are so overwhelming, a preemption means little.  If the odds were more even, then preemption might have some strategic meaning.  In the case we're talking about, no.

1 hour ago, Link Gaetz said:

When the odds are so overwhelming, a preemption means little.  If the odds were more even, then preemption might have some strategic meaning.  In the case we're talking about, no.

This would be true if peace mode weren't something your alliance has a particularly prevalent history of using heavily.

7 hours ago, Judge X said:

Not after I took over. That's where the falling out began. I refused to attack a direct ally of STA when, 1 they had not attacked a treaty partner and 2 it would force tension between STA and their treaty partner. Oh that was fun! The coalition constantly pushing NPO to get us to do their bidding and we didn't. That was the breaking point. We wouldn't fetch anymore. Then Roadie took over and they thought it would change back. It didn't and that wasn't egg on their faces, but that's another story. I had left shortly after that.

Just for clarification ..was that ally of STA a ally of yours ?

Edited by brucemania

6 hours ago, Auctor said:

This would be true if peace mode weren't something your alliance has a particularly prevalent history of using heavily.

You're proving yourself more clueless with each comment.  What's your next laughable claim?

On 4/29/2016 at 5:09 PM, Mogar said:

It is rather silly to pretend you needed to preempt the oh so scary TPF when just your alliance and IRON are nearly the same size as every other sanctioned alliance put together, excluding GPA, and if we count your direct allies make up about 1/3rd of the total NS in the game. If you hope to win this propaganda war you might want to tone down the "threat" that TPF supposedly posed.

lmao dude NPO suffered literally zero repercussions for logs of them condoning racial epithets from allies

you really think they're going to worry about a propaganda war when they're actually on defense?

1 hour ago, Neo Uruk said:

lmao dude NPO suffered literally zero repercussions for logs of them condoning racial epithets from allies

you really think they're going to worry about a propaganda war when they're actually on defense?

Yes! Big bad NPO is on the defense! 400 versus a couple dozen. Please help us more! This war as stated from the beginning was based in propaganda and pain. The NPO is failing miserably. They activated treaties with one alliance that has had excellent relations with us in the past and another that is completely neutral on this and see it as a mess that NPO made themselves. 

All the while they are pushing back saying that we were the bad allies, which any rational person and at least half of the old guard in Pacifica know is a bold faced lie. 

As this drags on and others see just how they handle what used to be their closest ally, as they see just how flaccid NPO is and need more meat shields to fight us, they will begin to doubt more and more on how they will be dealt with in any disagreement behind closed doors.

Peace is a lie

May Pacifica live forever! 

On 4/30/2016 at 7:42 PM, Judge X said:

Yes! Big bad NPO is on the defense! 400 versus a couple dozen. Please help us more! This war as stated from the beginning was based in propaganda and pain. The NPO is failing miserably. They activated treaties with one alliance that has had excellent relations with us in the past and another that is completely neutral on this and see it as a mess that NPO made themselves. 

All the while they are pushing back saying that we were the bad allies, which any rational person and at least half of the old guard in Pacifica know is a bold faced lie. 

As this drags on and others see just how they handle what used to be their closest ally, as they see just how flaccid NPO is and need more meat shields to fight us, they will begin to doubt more and more on how they will be dealt with in any disagreement behind closed doors.

Peace is a lie

May Pacifica live forever! 

Any regrets on canceling the TPF-Invicta treaty because of NPO now? Who had the foresight?

This war is still a thing? You guys really need a hobby. I'd suggest tech commerce, but you're not active enough for that. Hmmm, I know, failed attempts at propaganda. You really should contact Junka for tips.

Any NG attacks on TPF are likely more a desire for casualties than any actual request on NPO's part. It's how we get essential nitrates for our crops. Won't you think of the starving war orphans?

12 hours ago, Haflinger said:

They cancelled that treaty way before the NPO-Invicta relationship broke down.

It was downgraded before the break down, it was cancelled after the breakdown. The official reason given to me (I was the leader at the time) was the ole "Communication" line. However, our communication had been higher in the previous 3-6 months than it had been during any other time of the treaty. We had multiple government (Including you Haflinger I think and myself) over at their forums and I talked to JudgeX every time I saw he was online. Invicta gov was specifically told what Thrash is accusing by a former TPF gov member after he left TPF and joined Invicta a few months to a year later.

On 29.04.2016 г. at 3:50 AM, Link Gaetz said:

I had 26k tech before last war when NPO stripped off about 20k tech.  You knock us down so all we have is small nations left and then complain that we fight those at the same level?  I fought your large nations when I was large.  I fight your small nations now that I'm smaller.  It isn't really that complicated.

Kudos to you sir. You are one of the few who actually did exactly what you promised and I respect you for that. You found nations in your range and you delivered damage. The definition of going out with a bang.

On 29.04.2016 г. at 5:43 AM, malazar said:

This kind of rationale works for maybe the first 3 or 4 days of a cycle of war one enters with a full complement of nukes. Yes, we can only get nuked once per day, but most of us may land a nuke once every 2 or 3 days with our 2 chances a day once the initial stockpile runs out. Also, if our opponents do their job, we are never able to declare wars so it is a 1 vs. 3 scenario most of the time. I had a 1 vs. 7 last week that yielded some wonderful damage numbers though. Of course, it helped that my two NPO opponents who were well developed tech and wonder-wise launched a grand total of 0 attacks while the Atlas and RnR guys picked up their slack.

I don't know what what you are talking about. What I've seen so far is a number of nations between 5k-20k NS declaring on people without SDIs to guarantee themselves a 100% hit and when their initial stockpile runs out they escape into PM to build it again and repeat the same procedure. A valid strategy considering you don't have billions in cash to wage a war in a higher range. Oh wait >_>

On 29.04.2016 г. at 1:05 PM, Judge X said:

Thanks son, you are winning the war for us. You are making it all the more sweet with your complete lack of knowledge and your rage. I, myself am not hitting new nations. I cannot speak up for the rest of my alliance mates, but opening the eyes of Pacifica's "finest" is just fine. The problem with your alliances approach to their nation building is that when they leverage their guerilla politics things like this happen. We long ago understood this as NPO's closest ally. Giving succinct nation building models and leaving it up to them to manage them at their own rate. All it takes is a single war to get them on track. It builds an alliance of efficient war fighters no matter if they decide to be tech farms or they decide to grow. 

Yes idiot, we were your alliances closest ally for the better part of a decade. Defending them both on the battlefield and in politics and when we didn't bend to their will, we were deemed a risk and jettisoned and them attacked preemptively a short time later, because of boredom. The whole, "TPF was going to attack anyways." reasoning is complete bull !@#$! The odds were so overwhelmingly in your sides favor that a preemptive attack was nothing, but spitting in our face. Have no doubt though that NPO is complete garbage. They will turn on anyone that they see as a risk to their agenda and they will subsequently attack them.

Look, this isn't the first time we've talked about this. I understand your point of view. And yes you in particular have fought no one else but nations who have an idea of what they are doing and have a sufficient amount of wonders to try and fight back. Wish I could say the same for some of your other companions. What I disapprove is some of you going after nations who can't even hope to defend themselves despite wanting to do so. But I guess since there is nothing holding TPF together anymore other than your vengeance its only normal that people like you and Sven and Ole will be avengers while others are plain old as*hats.

3 hours ago, Haflinger said:

Well... When Coven was at TPF, that was probably the time when comms were best between Invicta and TPF. But that's a long time ago now, and before Nas' time anyway.

Sorry when I meant any other time of the treaty, I was referring to the ODoAP, and the entire time from when I originally joined Invicta and was MoIA in 2009 to it was cancelled in 2012 I think it was. 

4 hours ago, stoyanovp said:

Look, this isn't the first time we've talked about this. I understand your point of view. And yes you in particular have fought no one else but nations who have an idea of what they are doing and have a sufficient amount of wonders to try and fight back. Wish I could say the same for some of your other companions. What I disapprove is some of you going after nations who can't even hope to defend themselves despite wanting to do so. But I guess since there is nothing holding TPF together anymore other than your vengeance its only normal that people like you and Sven and Ole will be avengers while others are plain old as*hats.

Once again, you pre-empted us with something like a 1000-50 nation advantage and are involved in a similar war right now and you want to cry about picking on people who can't defend themselves? You're damn right I'm hitting every person I see throwing tech up the chain, wonders or no, well built or no. The hilarious thing is there's a ton of very well equipped nations in my range but RnR nations keep having to fill my slots for the most part with nations who aren't equipped to handle me either. But all my nukes have NPO painted on the side and that's where they all go. Right into the tech so you have to buy it twice. Right into that precious 4999 infra you get those tasty tech slaves up to. Tech so nice you have to buy it twice to get it sent. 

10 minutes ago, Vol Navy said:

You're damn right I'm hitting every person I see throwing tech up the chain, wonders or no, well built or no. 

Bragging from the roof tops while intentionally not hitting "hard" targets in range? A rogue with a mangina. Yes you have a mangina.

14 minutes ago, the rebel said:

Bragging from the roof tops while intentionally not hitting "hard" targets in range? A rogue with a mangina. Yes you have a mangina.

Who needs that challenge when they can flop about and pretend to be relevant? TPF going down in history as bigger try-hards than Valhalla. Silly guys, wonder buying is important for sellers, not infra. Aid will keep that up. In the end they will be a crumbling ruin having accomplished nothing of note.

12 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

Who needs that challenge when they can flop about and pretend to be relevant? TPF going down in history as bigger try-hards than Valhalla. Silly guys, wonder buying is important for sellers, not infra. Aid will keep that up. In the end they will be a crumbling ruin having accomplished nothing of note.

We'll see in 6 months or so. We have all the time in the world, NPO does not. There is no way to force us to stop. The only way is for NPO to surrender, admit their wrongdoing, send us all 10 rounds of tech, and write us a letter of apology. Otherwise, NPO is slowly falling behind optimum tech/aid slot usage and thus anyone plotting against them is benefiting.