A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

And you'll build a larger warchest with the extra income from the population at higher infrastructure.

I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with the alliance building tactics we use.

Wasted potential. You may be ok with it, that's ok for you.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then sit at 4k infra and buy wonders while you farm tech out. You can became a powerhouse in the lower tier while doing your job and building a massive warchest. Pure BS excuses.

I broke protocol as a Polar member by focusing on military wonders at 3000 infra. Best decision I ever made.  :nuke: :ph34r:

We export more than we import, however we mostly deal internally ... I'm not sure if you were trying to infer something based on us having 2 whole permanent sellers .. Or if that was just some sort of not-thought-out quip in thinking he was disagreeing with you with his remark that supports the opening lines of your previous post ... or if I'm just entirely misreading the course of dialogue here ....

Money sent:
from NSO to NSO $1,734,000,006
from NSO to others $585,000,000

Tech sent:
from NSO to NSO 54,350
from NSO to others 12,600

Money received from other alliances $501,000,000
Tech sent to NSO from other alliances 3200

(From :wub: RI5 :wub: since January 1st, 2016; should be noted some aid transfers could be simply one-way aid for various FA purposes like war aid)

(edit: got my in and out backwards lol)

My post was not meant to be a quip at NSO's expense, I was simply surprised that supposedly only 2 NSO nations are considered permanent tech sellers.

I also happened to know that NSO buys a bit from TTK, and from a couple of other alliances. If your table is accurate then my assumption was incorrect, just goes to show that anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much.

And you'll build a larger warchest with the extra income from the population at higher infrastructure.

I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with the alliance building tactics we use.

Well, no one can argue that you haven't seen positive results from using tech banks. Being #1 score and all...

I just feel bad for these nations whose growth is being hindered. They may not even realize that they are being taken advantage of. It's not required that every alliance have designated tech banks, in order to be a superpower. There is always the option to receive tech from outside sources, and allow all NPO nations the opportunity to grow.

Not only do I feel bad for these individual nations, but for NPO as a whole. NPO's growth as a whole is being hindered by these tech farms.

Right.

No, you have this backwards. The tech banks make the upper tier stronger. Without them, the upper tier doesn't have enough tech to stay competitive.

The thing about the banks is that damage done to them is largely superfluous. Assuming they have a billion or so, they can just bounce back to 8K infra postwar and keep on pumping out tech.

The weird thing is that quite a few of these tech banks (even some of the slightly older ones) don't seem to have massive warchests or are even flat out broke.

I even noticed some of my former foes randomly drop from 100 to 0 tech AFTER their wars ended, and after periodic spy ops over the next week or two they didn't gain in money or seem to get any other benefit at all, which was somewhat strange.

EDIT: for clarification, when I say "after their wars ended" I mean "they were not at war with anyone for the duration of the observation"

Edited by Delta2642

define "need"

Here's the first one from Webster, if it helps you.

Want; occasion for something; necessity; a state that requires supply or relief. It sometimes expresses urgent want; pressing exigency.

To: Judge X From: Alexio15 Date: 4/13/2016 10:38:09 AM

Subject: RE: Jagger

Well damn... I'm pretty you would be the one that is wrong...

I'm pretty you don't know a grammar is

anyways, asking an ally to do something does not mean you need that ally to do it. I don't know if you know this, but NPO is currently involved in another war. Perhaps they're expecting that one to blow up if it isn't resolved soon.

Well, I'm glad to see Atlas join the fray, kudos to sending a nation at me with no SDI, no MP, but a CIA. He'll be a bit shorter in a week. Really not sure what the NGer was thinking declaring 3 wars with 1.5 million dollars in his warchest either. Hopefully I get more NPO action soon. 

2 months in, less than 30 percent of my warchest gone. 5300 tech that was bound for higher ups in Occulus destroyed, 27000 infra that will need to be re-bought. 100+ million spied away. 

Multiply that by 20 or so and we're having a nice time on the way out the door. 4-6 months to go for me, likely more for some others in our group. 

Edited by Vol Navy

Well, I'm glad to see Atlas join the fray, kudos to sending a nation at me with no SDI, no MP, but a CIA. He'll be a bit shorter in a week. Really not sure what the NGer was thinking declaring 3 wars with 1.5 million dollars in his warchest either. Hopefully I get more NPO action soon. 

2 months in, less than 30 percent of my warchest gone. 5300 tech that was bound for higher ups in Occulus destroyed, 27000 infra that will need to be re-bought. 100+ million spied away. 

Multiply that by 20 or so and we're having a nice time on the way out the door. 4-6 months to go for me, likely more for some others in our group. 

And that son is fire!

I'm down only a little over $200 mill! Such a long painful road full of pine cones and porcupines.

Here's the first one from Webster, if it helps you.

Want; occasion for something; necessity; a state that requires supply or relief. It sometimes expresses urgent want; pressing exigency.

Oh no cupcake, we offered our extermination services free of charge.

Well, no one can argue that you haven't seen positive results from using tech banks. Being #1 score and all...

I just feel bad for these nations whose growth is being hindered. They may not even realize that they are being taken advantage of. It's not required that every alliance have designated tech banks, in order to be a superpower. There is always the option to receive tech from outside sources, and allow all NPO nations the opportunity to grow.

Not only do I feel bad for these individual nations, but for NPO as a whole. NPO's growth as a whole is being hindered by these tech farms.

Why do you say that nations that permanently sell or send out tech are being taken advantage of? To the best of my knowledge, every tech bank in NPO volunteered to be one. And since, practically speaking, there really isn't an outside source that can supply anywhere near enough tech to use an appreciable number of NPO's upper tier slots, what makes you think our collective growth is hindered by having a stable, domestic supply of tech?

Why do you say that nations that permanently sell or send out tech are being taken advantage of? To the best of my knowledge, every tech bank in NPO volunteered to be one. And since, practically speaking, there really isn't an outside source that can supply anywhere near enough tech to use an appreciable number of NPO's upper tier slots, what makes you think our collective growth is hindered by having a stable, domestic supply of tech?

Because they are weak and cannot defend themselves. Because you have to farm out defense to your meat shields, when if they were just give formulas of buying wonders would be able to do both AND more efficiently! I mean it is entertaining that none of you are getting it through your thick skulls, but then again yall are everything that is killing Bob, so...

Tech banks are tech banks as long as they want to be. I was, until I decided I wanted to increase my size. It's that simple. Some people choose to stay as tech banks, and that's their call.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs when NPO has to ask a relatively harmless small alliance like Atlas to come in and serve as meatshields for NPO's lower tier, which can't fight worth a hoot.  Talk about having feet of clay....

In all fairness, they were fighting Oculus in its entirety.

And once again the meat shields run to master's call.... Its pretty piss poor when the #1 AA , has to ask help for a 29 nation AA attacking them. For those sitting on the fence watching this. This could be the time for you to make a difference and join us in the fight against NPO.  (Just putting it out there is all)