A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

My greatest regret was not cancelling on both you and NSO at the same time. (That was a rare moment where Red and I were very much on the same page: neither of us wanted to cancel on TPF) It was clear then that we had drifted apart, but we didn't want to do it because of our great historical relationship. It was a chore to ever talk to you while I was an active IO, and it was beyond broken. Things moved far faster than we could ever keep in touch with you because of the disparities in activity. That's the honest truth.

Edited by Krzyzewskiville

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the members of NPO's FA staff who had to try to keep you up to speed, you were not active. We would go for weeks and weeks without seeing any member of your gov't in our join IRC channel, and often have to send messages in game to give important updates.

With hindsight it would have been best for the treaty to have ended when our one with NSO did (when the two of you were at each others throats).

My greatest regret was not cancelling on both you and NSO at the same time. (That was a rare moment where Red and I were very much on the same page: neither of us wanted to cancel on TPF) It was clear then that we had drifted apart, but we didn't want to do it because of our great historical relationship. It was a chore to ever talk to you while I was an active IO, and it was beyond broken. Things moved far faster than we could ever keep in touch with you because of the disparities in activity. That's the honest truth.

Where do all the old people go to gloat.

Would've been smart to do both at the same time citing exactly that reason. Would've even kept your own nose clean.

SoL I didn't know you agree with Red. I thought you were sensible :P

Yep I'm going echo MP on this one. I'm not sure I buy the notion that we were that inactive. Especially going back to 2010 or so. I mean isn't that when we signed the red fire pact with ya'll? We were the first to sign with you when you got off terms.... That's not inactivity. 

But if we can come back a little closer to the present for a moment... In the past couple of years there were two treaties that you guys signed without giving us any notification. Ya sure you can argue that you notified us of Umbrella, but you sent our EO a message on your own forums a day or two before it was signed... Gov members in TPF check our forums daily, and when we are having active conversations with NPO we would check your forums daily as well. The communication was always there... It's just that at some point NPO started treating us more like meat shields than friends and our opinions stopped mattering to you.

I also want to point out that about a day or two before ya'll signed with DT, one of your gov members was telling us in our embassy that NPO always gives a weeks notice of new treaties and that there are discussions that occur between current allies. We found out about the DT treaty when it was posted on the owf. But that was due to TPF's inactivity right?

But I will agree with the last few posters in this thread. We should have ended the treaty years ago. Unfortunately I was one of the guys saying that we should keep you around. But, don't any  of you dare say we weren't the best allies you ever had for a long time. Understandably it hurt to have the treaty canceled, then attacked just a few months later. That was a phallic move.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter. I always said that I liked NPO because they brought us good wars. Well, luckily you still are.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter. I always said that I liked NPO because they brought us good wars. Well, luckily you still are.
========================================================================================

Gotta to love it.
It's been a good war so far, fighting at civil hours should be mandatory, that Ryan Christopher not playing by civilized rule.

It's time NPO, we are obsolete and need replacing, we had a good long run tho.

0/NPO may you live forever!

Do you even believe your own bull? I was super active until about 6 months before I left in 2013. I communicated with Brehon almost every single day. By then Roadie had taken over, memoryproblems was on all the time, & hailsatan stayed on irc all the time as well.

I do agree with you there. Even if not bringing allies in usually isn't the norm these days, with the long history between TPF & NPO; I think NPO can take on an alliance the size of TPF out respect for their long service before getting rolled in the last war. I remember seeing TPF's unwavering loyalty after the Karma War, as most of NPO's allies had left them; TPF kept fighting for them.

I'm speaking for myself here and not my current alliance (where I'm just a member).

I was not involved in TPF government since I returned to Planet Bob last year, so I can't imagine what circumstances could have possibly led TPF to be openly attacked by NPO.  We didn't spy on them, we didn't speak ill of them.  Other than our alliance to MI6, what sort of enmity could have existed that would have led NPO to attack an alliance that stood by them so fervently.  

As just a nation in the alliance I founded I guess I've had a couple of questions.  First, NPO has always been a master of realpolitik.  I can't think of what goal it could have accomplished in attacking TPF as anyone else could have openly attacked TPF the last war.  Not attacking TPF would have left the door open to TPF coming back into the NPO fold.  Instead, we get this...the death cry of an alliance.  Secondly, if NPO would turn so easily on a long-time and loyal ally like TPF, is any alliance on Planet Bob really safe?  I guess if you question the master privately and make some of your own decisions as TPF did in allying with MI6, you should be prepared to face the boot with little warning (and preemptively no less)...irrespective of any historical and longtime loyalty...because it's apparent that loyalty flows in only one direction...to the master. 

NPO is more untouchable now than in any time in its history.  They're allied to 3 of the top 5 alliances and 5 of the top 10.  I guess they can do whatever they'd like and not have to face any consequences.

Edited by Slayer99

I never liked being allied to you either. For all the wrongs you've done, I believe TPF is absolutely right in hitting you clowns. However, since I have other fish to fry, so NPO only gets a scowl from me. Sorry to disappoint.

TPF does have a point in all this though. There is no point in fading away. It is a lesson I am taking to heart.

I'm speaking for myself here and not my current alliance (where I'm just a member).

I was not involved in TPF government since I returned to Planet Bob last year, so I can't imagine what circumstances could have possibly led TPF to be openly attacked by NPO.  We didn't spy on them, we didn't speak ill of them.  Other than our alliance to MI6, what sort of enmity could have existed that would have led NPO to attack an alliance that stood by them so fervently.  

As just a nation in the alliance I founded I guess I've had a couple of questions.  First, NPO has always been a master of realpolitik.  I can't think of what goal it could have accomplished in attacking TPF as anyone else could have openly attacked TPF the last war.  Not attacking TPF would have left the door open to TPF coming back into the NPO fold.  Instead, we get this...the death cry of an alliance.  Secondly, if NPO would turn so easily on a long-time and loyal ally like TPF, is any alliance on Planet Bob really safe?  I guess if you question the master privately and make some of your own decisions as TPF did in allying with MI6, you should be prepared to face the boot with little warning (and preemptively no less)...irrespective of any historical and longtime loyalty...because it's apparent that loyalty flows in only one direction...to the master. 

NPO is more untouchable now than in any time in its history.  They're allied to 3 of the top 5 alliances and 5 of the top 10.  I guess they can do whatever they'd like and not have to face any consequences.

I've been here a long time, since 06 under a different name, and since 08 as Caliph.  I've seen better alliances than TPF betrayed by their supposed allies, some of which were betrayed by NPO.  That was a different time a long time ago.   I have seen betrayals and screw jobs, so that is nothing new.  

As for if any alliance is safe because you think NPO betrayed you, well everyone is as safe as its always been.  Its always been might makes right, who can bring the most nations, the most strength to back their actions.  This is nothing different, its not new just because you have finally felt the sting of betrayal.  

That said, I do applaud going out in style.  Going out with somewhat of a bang is better than just fading away into nothingness, and it'll at least make things exciting for the people involved on both sides.

Slayer your comment is like the pot calling the kettle black.  I remember the things you got up to when I was in TGE, also how your pawn (Vlad) and his pet poodle (the Kaiser) dealt with anyone who disagreed with the path TPF was taking.  Karma hurts (and I do not mean the Bloc).

This thread is a bunch of shit from people that have been here too long. What matters is two AAs plus a few outsiders getting casualities in & reach arounds for participation. When all is said and done NPO will still be around. Majority of TPF will take a deep breath, unplug themselves, and be free.

TPF, may your warchests deplete quickly, and godspeed o/

This thread is a bunch of !@#$ from people that have been here too long. What matters is two AAs plus a few outsiders getting casualities in & reach arounds for participation. When all is said and done NPO will still be around. Majority of TPF will take a deep breath, unplug themselves, and be free.

TPF, may your warchests deplete quickly, and godspeed o/

One would say we have been around too long to make any difference.  But check out these stats  8,558 views  , might i just say WOW and 13 pages. 

War chests are going rather slow since we are hitting the worst trained nations,  I have ever seen. WOW, we are having fun !!! 

I guess instead of disband you wanted to go out with a bang...err whimper.  TPF has been in my top 5 WAE for a very long time, being the WAE for many of those years.  You ditched out of UJP early, you OOC warred like losers, you ditched out of Disorder early and then got upset at NPO instead of admitting you were huge cowards.  Oh, weren't you part of the Coward Coalition too or whatever it was called?

That's some track record!  Congrats, you won't be missed, lol.

It gives me great pleasure to know that the shaft we gave the UJP is still lodged firmly in your rectum.

IDGAF about cockulus, this is for Poison Clan  :smug:

It might surprise you to learn just how much TPF played in the formation of PC. Hi T!

Some of you are trying too hard. It won't have the desired result. lol

On topic: Sad to say any "old school" alliance go. Have fun on the way out.

This really has not been fun since TF!

Keep an eye on the old man for me.

Later Boss.

Strangely, I am flattered that if TPF had to choose a way to go out in their blaze they chose us. You know that we will meet you on the battle field and give you guys the casualties that you desire. Whether this be a short war or one that drags on for a time I am happy to have known TPF before and I am happy to be the blade you chose to end it with. 

Fight well TPF o/

This is the NPO I remember and respect, shame it does not exist any longer.

Many words.

Buy a dictionary, look up the word eternal.

It will end when it's over,,,,pretty simple.

Good bye, Toilet Paper Factory. Didn't expect this to happen. Had some good old friends there.

Have fun

I hear you got fat.

Hips don't lie.

This is not a pre-emptive war, which would be getting in an attack first against an impending aggressor. I'm pretty sure NPO had no plans to attack TPF. It is, rather, as TPF have made clear, a war of revenge for the wrongs they believe NPO have done to them. As far as war can be (and war is always hell), it seems like good, clean fun. I wish both warring parties the best. Naturally, I wish our allies in NPO a swift victory.

The rest is sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I don't look at it as revenge.

Over the last ten years I have made many pixel deposits to the bank of Pacifica.

Now I'm just closing my account and making a final withdraw.

It's been a long ride and it's coming to an end, simple as that.

One thing that surprises me is the fact that no NPO nation has attacked me. As of today it's been two NG'ers and Red. Not that I mind fighting anyone, but after attacking two NPO nations I just figured they would want to retaliate in person.

Come on Pacifica.....step it up FFS.

Bye.

TPF was the first alliance I was assigned to as a diplomat, and I was given the chance to meet a lot of good people there. I am saddened with how our relationship turned over time, and how it is ending now.

That being said, I wish you good luck both here on the battlefield and in whatever world you find yourselves in once you leave Planet Bob.

o/ TPF. I will remember you for the sacrifices you made for us.

TPF was the first alliance I was assigned to as a diplomat, and I was given the chance to meet a lot of good people there. I am saddened with how our relationship turned over time, and how it is ending now.

That being said, I wish you good luck both here on the battlefield and in whatever world you find yourselves in once you leave Planet Bob.

o/ TPF. I will remember you for the sacrifices you made for us.

Thanks Qazz. We wish that sentiment was true for the majority of old school nations.

Finally, an end to another !@#$ pile alliance.

Pretty sure you are supposed to have a nation... Edited by Judge X