A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

1 minute ago, Judge X said:

I really don't have the time to do it. Between work, a 16 year old on the verge of making her Olympic cut in swim that swims 7 days a week, working out, and multiple women that are upset that they aren't getting enough time I get 3-5 hours of sleep a night. I don't have the hours and hours it takes on IRC and visiting forums to orchestrate change. I know where to stay and with whom, but my days are done. 

I here ya there ... but as well what i said does not have to be you .. i agree some old timers have done their time and it is up to the newer generation step up.  With that in mind mentoring them youngins works i would think :) ..  ooc... good luck to the swim thing i hope your youngin does well.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What it would really take is Sengoku Jidai, an age of warfare. In my studies of Bushido and Japanese history, sometimes when things stagnate it takes for sone rules to change to incite a scrambling for a new power. 

1 minute ago, Judge X said:

What it would really take is Sengoku Jidai, an age of warfare. In my studies of Bushido and Japanese history, sometimes when things stagnate it takes for sone rules to change to incite a scrambling for a new power. 

There ya go .. maybe someone will get it and move forward :) ..

3 hours ago, brucemania said:

With that in mind I would like to think then you are our best friend in helping and mentoring these nations to become stronger and more defined in their skills so I salute you for that :) ..

Not sure how that can happen when most are simply rolling over and playing dead...

5 hours ago, brucemania said:

Finally a post of sense. This is the old TPF that we had that good relationship with and thanks for saying yes to being partly to blame.  The amount of blame even i can admit is particial to perception.  We all get that.  And believe me in saying TPF did mean a lot to us. Not as a meat shield as perceived but as a good ally that was loyal and stood by thick and thin.  Personally when we cancelled on you I was one of the many from the older nations that did not like it one bit.  Losing a good ally such s yourself is and was hard to take. I wish to this day we could work things out and become what we were. That will happen if it is meant to be but if it does not TPF will always be remembered personally as them whom one could depend on    Even now seeing what TPF is doing is hard to take cause regardless of the future I had hope that you guys would take the energy you got now to be great agian. ( i Know dumb ass take off Trump) but that is the truth.  It is unfortunate that you have taken this past as I know if done another way you could of maybe been that leader of the other side to rally a force against the current situation.  We all choose a path ... NPO choose theirs and you choose yours.  It is what it is and hopefully at some point we can all move on from it.  

If only we had just grown apart and went our separate ways, but you and I both know damn well that's not the full story. Friends drift apart all the time, that's a part of life & you move on. 

But you start thinking about things like the feeling on our side that since the treaty was resigned, we made a number of sacrifices on your behalf, yet at no point were we really any better off for having the treaty.  I was really upset to think about how there was multiple conversations around 2013-14 within TPF about walking away from NPO and forgeing a new path, only to have NPO pull the wool over our eyes once more and tell us everything was going to be just great.

But it wasn't just two old friends parting ways, you attacked us pre-emptively with a god damn crudely drawn comic strip. 

You did to us something I doubt we could have ever done to you. In my head, I can't help but think that had the roles been reversed, we would have done everything we could to avoid direct conflict with you, for a long long time if not forever, based on the history that we shared. 

Even now seeing what TPF is doing is hard to take cause regardless of the future I had hope that you guys would take the energy you got now to be great agian. ( i Know dumb ass take off Trump) but that is the truth.  It is unfortunate that you have taken this past as I know if done another way you could of maybe been that leader of the other side to rally a force against the current situation.

I wanted to address this point specifically - 

As far as why we've gone this route, you need to understand that TPF is an alliance of old people, those of us who are not old - are tired. The more that I think about it, this isn't entirely rooted in revenge - we had gotten to a point where continuing didn't make a lot of sense, the last war just framed our situation more clearly, and revenge only gave us an opportunity to put what would have otherwise been lost in inactivity to use. 

I know I put a lot of thought into trying to think of a way to make TPF work in the future, and I'm sure that others did as well. It wasn't the sort of thought process that revenge was the only thing on our mind and we were willing to throw everything away for even a little bit of payback. We just didn't see ourselves having the time or ability to make the changes we would need to have a meaningful future - and with the trend of things, I'm not sure that time and ability would have been enough. It then became a question of moving on, and so many of us found that there really wasn't much to keep us around aside from TPF. 

Edited by memoryproblems

42 minutes ago, memoryproblems said:

If only we had just grown apart and went our separate ways, but you and I both know damn well that's not the full story. Friends drift apart all the time, that's a part of life & you move on. 

But you start thinking about things like the feeling on our side that since the treaty was resigned, we made a number of sacrifices on your behalf, yet at no point were we really any better off for having the treaty.  I was really upset to think about how there was multiple conversations around 2013-14 within TPF about walking away from NPO and forgeing a new path, only to have NPO pull the wool over our eyes once more and tell us everything was going to be just great.

But it wasn't just two old friends parting ways, you attacked us pre-emptively with a god damn crudely drawn comic strip. 

You did to us something I doubt we could have ever done to you. In my head, I can't help but think that had the roles been reversed, we would have done everything we could to avoid direct conflict with you, for a long long time if not forever, based on the history that we shared. 

I wanted to address this point specifically - 

As far as why we've gone this route, you need to understand that TPF is an alliance of old people, those of us who are not old - are tired. The more that I think about it, this isn't entirely rooted in revenge - we had gotten to a point where continuing didn't make a lot of sense, the last war just framed our situation more clearly, and revenge only gave us an opportunity to put what would have otherwise been lost in inactivity to use. 

I know I put a lot of thought into trying to think of a way to make TPF work in the future, and I'm sure that others did as well. It wasn't the sort of thought process that revenge was the only thing on our mind and we were willing to throw everything away for even a little bit of payback. We just didn't see ourselves having the time or ability to make the changes we would need to have a meaningful future - and with the trend of things, I'm not sure that time and ability would have been enough. It then became a question of moving on, and so many of us found that there really wasn't much to keep us around aside from TPF. 

On the bolded ... yes we pre-empted and to be honest i would say that having the relationship we had that wold be us knowing that you are a very loyal bunch and regardless of any one wish you would have entered. In a way that is saying we had the respect for you and would think that we would get the jump on you.  Pre-emps are a part of war.. IT has happened to us and others as well.  As for the wording i totally agree .. it was not written with our past taken into consideration ( i may get in !@#$ for that stating ) and that is in a personal statement.  I am would say there are others whom prob feel the same way and i would hope that maybe some of our Gov  may have said something to you.THe rest memory i respect your thoughts and understand.  I dont think it is just you or TPF that suffer from the inactivity.  We aall wish that we could return back to even 5 years ago when the game still had some life.  Maybe it is up to ourselves ... maybe by in some way contacting old players maybe to come and mentor or something .. who knows .. regardless i would rather be having these converstations than what was happening for most of this thread.  

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM, JBone said:

I have been at war with between 3 & 6 nations every day for over 75 days now.

Only 75 days? I am pretty sure I fought Valhalla solo for right around 90 back in the day. Just sayin... 75 days isn't actually all that long in bob time.

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 8:40 PM, JBone said:

...only time I ever went to ZI.

How is that not the bitter end?

These days there are these things called tech deals available, even to nations at war. In part because of Karma. So I don't know I'm not dissing you just pointing out the irony I guess.

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Haflinger said:

You guys were one of the main targets of Karma. NPO got peace before you did because you guys were utterly hated.

mhawk knew this back then. I still don't know why he showed such loyalty to the rest of you.

I can attest. NPO was seen as the brains of the machine, TPF were their bloodthirsty tools.

16 hours ago, Thrash said:

Who's gonna be left for them to fight considering you've treatied everyone who is already treatied to everyone? The rest of us ain't gonna be around much longer. Isolation was okay when there was lots of people here. Now, you're just wrecking Bob.

You haven't noticed the inexorable cycle? As soon as anyone is clearly on top the betting starts as to who they are going to roll next. The top picks tend to start making plans to defend themselves. And whoever is top is either already trying to roll them, or will start soon, because they notice the plans to defend themselves. TPF was, as best I know, never averse to rolling whoever was slated to roll. Why call foul when it's your own turn? I mean I'm not saying fight, heck, fight all you can, I would.

But didn't the knife feel like justice when it finally came? 

20 hours ago, the rebel said:

Ah peace mode jokes, is that the best you could come up with? But to answer your question it would be you, because I never needed my hand held by one person let alone 27 when going rogue. ;)

It's not a peace mode joke you idiot. You stated we were pussies because we didn't keep fighting at the end of the last war. You've been hiding in peace mode within the last two weeks. Why didn't you keep on fighting? I've not missed a single day of any war we've been involved in in 5 years. You've clearly been spending a good portion of that time cowering like a wee little baby. 

So explain it to me....why were you in peace mode within the last two weeks if people are pussies for not continuing to fight regardless of any circumstance their nation is facing?

4 hours ago, Vol Navy said:

It's not a peace mode joke you idiot. You stated we were pussies because we didn't keep fighting at the end of the last war. You've been hiding in peace mode within the last two weeks. Why didn't you keep on fighting? I've not missed a single day of any war we've been involved in in 5 years. You've clearly been spending a good portion of that time cowering like a wee little baby. 

So explain it to me....why were you in peace mode within the last two weeks if people are pussies for not continuing to fight regardless of any circumstance their nation is facing?

Why so defensive? Its like I've touched nerve, does the truth hurt? ;)

As for why I was in peace. I had moved on to my own alliance and was rebuilding after recently fighting wars with GOONS, DS, TAO and SNX.  

I never leave a fight till I deem its over, you on the other hand left a fight, knowing full well you would be leaving, so you should of carried on fighting. Then crying when NPO let's others not miss out on fighting you rogues that makes you the pussy. 

Edited by the rebel

12 minutes ago, Jacob Reiffenstein said:

Is that what you're calling meatshielding these days?

The delusion of rogues, rogues have always been a treasured thing to pass around as why should only one alliance have all the fun in beating them to dirt?

Now if you was a traditional alliance and not a goodbye band of rogues, you would have a point ;)

2 hours ago, the rebel said:

The delusion of rogues, rogues have always been a treasured thing to pass around as why should only one alliance have all the fun in beating them to dirt?

Now if you was a traditional alliance and not a goodbye band of rogues, you would have a point ;)

Thankfully your opinion means !@#$ to us. Yes, Vol tales his warring seriously. If you took it half as serious you'd have declared on him by now. But by all means, "recover" as long as you like. 

On 4/23/2016 at 10:38 AM, brucemania said:

Personally when we cancelled on you I was one of the many from the older nations that did not like it one bit.  Losing a good ally such s yourself is and was hard to take. I wish to this day we could work things out and become what we were. That will happen if it is meant to be but if it does not TPF will always be remembered personally as them whom one could depend on    

Most of NPO doesn't feel this way, included several high ranking gov members that chose to declare war on TPF nations instead of the supposed main target.

In fact NPO lead the offensive against us by the end of October (in offensively declared wars). I didn't track the numbers past the first month however. 

Alliance Number of Total Wars From 10/9 - 10/31 Precent of Total Wars
New Pacific Order 76 36%
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 46 22%
Viridian Entente 24 11%
Umbrella 20 9%
Non Grata 16 8%
Sengoku 13 6%
The Grand Lodge of Freemasons 10 5%
Aurora Borealis 5 2%
The Dark Templar 2 1%
Sum Total 212  

Edit: If memory serves these numbers are of unique nations. 

Edited by leeguy

16 hours ago, leeguy said:

Most of NPO doesn't feel this way, included several high ranking gov members that chose to declare war on TPF nations instead of the supposed main target.

In fact NPO lead the offensive against us by the end of October (in offensively declared wars). I didn't track the numbers past the first month however. 

Alliance Number of Total Wars From 10/9 - 10/31 Precent of Total Wars
New Pacific Order 76 36%
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 46 22%
Viridian Entente 24 11%
Umbrella 20 9%
Non Grata 16 8%
Sengoku 13 6%
The Grand Lodge of Freemasons 10 5%
Aurora Borealis 5 2%
The Dark Templar 2 1%
Sum Total 212  

Edit: If memory serves these numbers are of unique nations. 

Statistics are one thing ... the human element are another.   Honestly regardless whom the opposition is if the numbers were less it would be disappointing.  If you knew NPOès culture at all we are ALL considered comrades.  WE all are required to fight regardless of our postion within our culture. Our targets are not assigned as per a i like him or hate him basis. I would not be surprised as well if you look at the MI6 stats if we did not have the most wars as well and if not at least the top 2.  Even myself i am sure i had 1 or 2 targets from TPF but that does not mean I had hate or resentment .. just means for that round they were the targets given. Heck if you talk to mirkusmc  one of my last wars in that conflict he can tell you we had a conversation were i said to him i did not like having to war you guys but at the same time he and i went at it as we would of been expected to do respectfully.  He was one of it not the best wars i had fought and had fun with him.  At the end we wished each other well,  It was not even a matter of who won or lost but we had respect for each other when it was over.  You can keep going on and on and twist anything to perception. It is done everyday in this realm and will never stop. Statistics can always be analyzed and manipulated to ones own perception but no one can question the human element to something. 

On 4/24/2016 at 7:54 AM, the rebel said:

Why so defensive? Its like I've touched nerve, does the truth hurt? ;)

As for why I was in peace. I had moved on to my own alliance and was rebuilding after recently fighting wars with GOONS, DS, TAO and SNX.  

I never leave a fight till I deem its over, you on the other hand left a fight, knowing full well you would be leaving, so you should of carried on fighting. Then crying when NPO let's others not miss out on fighting you rogues that makes you the pussy. 

Not one word in your rambling b.s filled post explains why you went into peace mode. We both know there's only one reason why one goes there. Just admit it.

2 hours ago, Vol Navy said:

Not one word in your rambling b.s filled post explains why you went into peace mode. We both know there's only one reason why one goes there. Just admit it.

Just because you lack the required reading skills to understand, doesn't mean I didn't tell you why. Now let's pick out the key point so that an idiot can understand: 

"I had moved on to my own alliance" - I had gone solo which is as good as being on none, which means raiders.

"rebuilding after recently fighting wars" - wasn't hiding from war as one just finished, wanted to rebuild in peace.

----------

Now that I cleared up your lack of reading comprehension, you can run along you pathetic excuse rogue, moaning about having more targets. :facepalm:

7 hours ago, the rebel said:

Just because you lack the required reading skills to understand, doesn't mean I didn't tell you why. Now let's pick out the key point so that an idiot can understand: 

"I had moved on to my own alliance" - I had gone solo which is as good as being on none, which means raiders.

"rebuilding after recently fighting wars" - wasn't hiding from war as one just finished, wanted to rebuild in peace.

----------

Now that I cleared up your lack of reading comprehension, you can run along you pathetic excuse rogue, moaning about having more targets. :facepalm:

You go into peace mode so no one can attack you, that's it's only function. Dress it how you like it, you were in peace mode because you feared being attacked. It's the only function it has on this planet.