A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

That is what war is though, no one is claiming to have "God-like button clicking skills", they are simply claiming to be doing disproportionately well, which they are, no doubt they would accept this is because their nations are better built and they're leading more better prepared attacks.

There is no "skill" in launching attacks, it's all down to luck and how well your nation is built, it is the second part which all alliances like to boast about during war, because that is literally all there is to it.

This guy is going around bragging about it with his tables and data, which I am sure was time well-spent. Which is fine by me, because at this point, these guys are basically talking to themselves, because nobody from the NPO except for myself has responded to any of this crap. I'm the odd man out for being the fool to waste such time responding to this crap.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but we're not taking "everyone" with us. We're taking the NPO. If your best friend of 7+ years suddenly turns and knifes you in the back, do you roll over and die like a little girl just because they're a 6'7" brick $%&*house and you're not? No, NPO owes us a massive debt of pixels and we are going to make a collection in full. Going into a hopeless fight to defend your position and convictions is the epitome of honour.

Deal with it.

Very nice, but don't insult people intelligence by trying to sell roguery then suicide as honourable.

Important distinction you just made there. Since I proved that these aren't just first-day-on-the-job newbies, you just made my point perfectly.

If being in the NPO for hundreds of days (if not a few years) does not teach you to be developed and equipped for war, what on Earth DOES?

Maybe they don't deserve their reputation as one of the 'greatest' alliances on Bob.

Being a great alliance is not about pixel hugging and having more numbers, it's about working together, building a community and above all standing together as one when $£%& hits the fan and you have nothing left to lose but each other.

Something the NPO (and many other alliances too, mind) seem to be rather lacking in these days.

Edit:

Blackatron seems to understand this quite well. It's not 'god-like clicking skills', unless you count being able to log in each day and launch a successful full round of attacks in the correct order/form to do most damage as being such. The building of the nation is to ensure that when the day comes the luck is as in your favour as possible. When you look at the across the board and see the large positive damage ratio we are inflicting on the NPO, then think that we are a group of maybe ~35 nations doing it to a group of 435 nations, yes it is utterly disproportionate and speaks volumes about the state of the NPO (and possibly Bob as a whole if you take NPO as an analogy for the re-established hegemony)

I never said they were a day old.  Either way, feel free to highlight all of the words since they all ring true.  Younger, less advanced, less developed & less prepared.  Generally, hitting nations at an NS level where the people running them haven't been bothered to do anything other than maybe sell tech will give you a high damage ratio.  Well done you.  I guess that's what you were looking for?

If your best friend of 7+ years suddenly turns and knifes you in the back attempts a diplomatic resolution for several years including cancelling on one of those oh-so-horrible allies that you didn't like, do you roll over and die like a little girl just because they're a 6'7" brick $%&*house and you're not?

Haven't we been over this already?

No, NPO owes us a massive debt of pixels and we are going to make a collection in full.

Does NPO get to discount all of the pixels it prevented Doomhouse and whoever else from burning off of TPF all those years with its duplicitous, Machiavellian foreign affairs?

Being a great alliance is not about pixel hugging and having more numbers, it's about working together, building a community and above all standing together as one when $£%& hits the fan and you have nothing left to lose but each other.

I thought this was your way of disbanding. What happened to building a community and having nothing left to lose but each other? Or is perma-warring tech sellers using nations that have thousands of tech and bragging about it on the OWF your idea of an honorable alternative to pixel hugging?

This guy is going around bragging about it with his tables and data, which I am sure was time well-spent. Which is fine by me, because at this point, these guys are basically talking to themselves, because nobody from the NPO except for myself has responded to any of this crap. I'm the odd man out for being the fool to waste such time responding to this crap.

Say what you will, I don't really have any strong feelings on this war one way or the other, other than thinking Oculus is too big a block that is. All I think is that TPF seems to be having a lot more fun than most of Planet Bob right now, which in the end is the point of the whole thing.

Say what you will, I don't really have any strong feelings on this war one way or the other, other than thinking Oculus is too big a block that is. All I think is that TPF seems to be having a lot more fun than most of Planet Bob right now, which in the end is the point of the whole thing.

Yah, this is the most fun in years.  Beats sitting around waiting for 1-2 lopsided curbstomps to happen each year. 

That is what war is though, no one is claiming to have "God-like button clicking skills", they are simply claiming to be doing disproportionately well, which they are, no doubt they would accept this is because their nations are better built and they're leading more better prepared attacks.

There is no "skill" in launching attacks, it's all down to luck and how well your nation is built, it is the second part which all alliances like to boast about during war, because that is literally all there is to it.

Someone who speaks sense.  I was beginning to lose faith in humanity after reading Mayzie's absurd posts.

I'm  fighting the 679th nation ever on Bob right now. Tell me more about how these newbies just haven't had time to develop their nations.

We can all cherrypick arguments dude, let's not even start that shit.

I'd almost forgotten why I don't normally post on the OWF.  The atmosphere is so polarized that reason apparently has no place and is replaced by closed-mindedness and hypocrisy.

I may be an anomaly since I was the highest or second highest tech nation to start the war. I have fought against several nations that either destroyed infrastructure or bought a ton after declaring since they had 50-60% larger NS than me to start and I still have a lop-sided damage differential for the war. That is with landing about 3 nukes over a two week period at one point with my notoriously bad nuking luck. Most of my opponents have been competent. Some have been turds. I have had days with 5 opponents where no one bothered to nuke me. That is pretty sad. I have had some quality and dare I say good-natured opponents though like RahulHP, Brutal Psychoticus, and Qazzian.

As Blackatron said, we are having fun and that is all that really matters. I think it is safe to say that we care about the approval of others for this war about as much as they cared about NPO's pre-empt of us last war.

I may be an anomaly since I was the highest or second highest tech nation to start the war. I have fought against several nations that either destroyed infrastructure or bought a ton after declaring since they had 50-60% larger NS than me to start and I still have a lop-sided damage differential for the war. That is with landing about 3 nukes over a two week period at one point with my notoriously bad nuking luck. Most of my opponents have been competent. Some have been turds. I have had days with 5 opponents where no one bothered to nuke me. That is pretty sad. I have had some quality and dare I say good-natured opponents though like RahulHP, Brutal Psychoticus, and Qazzian.

As Blackatron said, we are having fun and that is all that really matters. I think it is safe to say that we care about the approval of others for this war about as much as they cared about NPO's pre-empt of us last war.

Always nice to get a shout out.

Rhetoric aside, I will miss you guys.

Most of my opponents have had WRC so we're pretty even as far as improvements and wonders go. The problem is that NPO is so infra heavy. TPF pushed to get a 1:1 infra / tech ratio for years and many of us reached that goal. So it's really not a competition... and it comes down to the effort we put in building well balanced nations, not any kind of magical fingers.

I will miss your [OOC]OOC[OOC]attacks TPF.

I have no idea what you're referring to and I've been in this alliance since 07.

I have to say it has been for the most part a cake walk, even fighting older nations. I had my MP before my first anniversary and my SDI a few months after that. There is no excuse for the "most powerful" alliance on Bob that nations that are 3 years old don't have an SDI and 5 year old nations that don't have a WRC. I was gone for almost 2 years. Two very prosperous tears for NPO! IMO they have failed to capitalize on prosperity by implementing focused nation building programs that would allow them to stand alone against the next few alliances combine for a short period. All talk, all infra, no bite without allies.

NPO

Tech: 3,577,870
Infra: 2,412,092

TPF

Tech: 68,630
Infra: 50,171

Yep, it's clearly because NPO hasn't been working hard enough on that 1:1 tech to infra ratio over the last couple years. Another great point made well..

Edited by Auctor

NPO

Tech: 3,577,870
Infra: 2,412,092

TPF

Tech: 68,630
Infra: 50,171

Yep, it's clearly because NPO hasn't been working hard enough on that 1:1 tech to infra ratio over the last couple years. Another great point made well..

NPO's tech is heavily skewed toward the higher nations, not the nations we're discussing here that are within range of us.  Their lower tiers are largely bereft of tech.   Our numbers are obviously a small fraction of what they were prior to the MI6 beatdown.  I believe we had a better ratio prior to that event.

Their smaller nations aren't quite as important to the military structure of the alliance, either. I imagine most of the fighting is now in the lower tiers, where nations are easily rebuilt.