Independent Announcement

With respect to my peers, I have to say I find the global community's perpetual stigma against young powers to be rather unattractive.

What we forget is that the golden age of Planet Bob was not created by experienced leaders who had already discovered every angle in economics and politics; who were too intelligent to ever make a mistake; and whose ambitions were watered down by years of monotonous service for the sake of another leader's dreams (i.e., "joining an established alliance"). The great events of ages past were very often the direct results of inexperience - not understanding diplomatic protocol, or not being concerned with established political taboos - and the determined efforts of young leaders to overcome their mistakes is what has given us our favorite legends.

History would, in fact, seem to testify that the more "experience" we gather, as alliances, the less action we are willing to take. So my advice will be in contradiction to what every other established power will tell you.

You will never be happy joining your ambitions to an established power simply for the sake of learning the most efficient ways to increase your statistics. If there is a power in existence which seems to share your own ideals, and by that means may amplify your own ambition, then by all means associate with them, so that they may temper your spirit, and you may temper theirs. But if there is no such power, don't ever be discouraged in your quest to achieve something new.

Get rolled with no hope of victory. Go months without full aid slots. Buy 50 cruise missiles, as Hyperonic has been jokingly seriously instructing you. Only being concerned about doing everything "right" will kill you far faster than doing a few things "wrong," but making your every action represent some part of your own dreams. Just remember what you want Independent to stand for, and you can find a way to enjoy the journey even in hardships. I will personally be much happier seeing you do that in your own alliance rather than having you join me simply to die away following my own boring orders. :P

"The micros will inherit the Bob." And if we go by OWF activity, they already have.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to my peers, I have to say I find the global community's perpetual stigma against young powers to be rather unattractive.

What we forget is that the golden age of Planet Bob was not created by experienced leaders who had already discovered every angle in economics and politics; who were too intelligent to ever make a mistake; and whose ambitions were watered down by years of monotonous service for the sake of another leader's dreams (i.e., "joining an established alliance"). The great events of ages past were very often the direct results of inexperience - not understanding diplomatic protocol, or not being concerned with established political taboos - and the determined efforts of young leaders to overcome their mistakes is what has given us our favorite legends.

History would, in fact, seem to testify that the more "experience" we gather, as alliances, the less action we are willing to take. So my advice will be in contradiction to what every other established power will tell you.

You will never be happy joining your ambitions to an established power simply for the sake of learning the most efficient ways to increase your statistics. If there is a power in existence which seems to share your own ideals, and by that means may amplify your own ambition, then by all means associate with them, so that they may temper your spirit, and you may temper theirs. But if there is no such power, don't ever be discouraged in your quest to achieve something new.

Get rolled with no hope of victory. Go months without full aid slots. Buy 50 cruise missiles, as Hyperonic has been jokingly seriously instructing you. Only being concerned about doing everything "right" will kill you far faster than doing a few things "wrong," but making your every action represent some part of your own dreams. Just remember what you want Independent to stand for, and you can find a way to enjoy the journey even in hardships. I will personally be much happier seeing you do that in your own alliance rather than having you join me simply to die away following my own boring orders. :P

"The micros will inherit the Bob." And if we go by OWF activity, they already have.

Damn bro, that was deep lmao but I agree with everything and thank you for the support and help you have given.