Independent Announcement

I am helping you and so have others...you just refuse to face the facts. And the fact is, when you are asking for people to show you the way, to give you guides to read to learn,etc...this is PROOF that you aren't ready to take this endeavor on. So, take the criticism and use it to keep yourself failing. As of right now, we all know that failure is envitable.

Listen, you haven't given me any help.  You haven't pointed me towards any guides to read.  which is exactly what i'm reading now.  You haven't helped me. Yes a FEW others have helped.  You have just yelled about how inexperienced i am.  Is it a crime to learn as i grow.  isn't that the point of the game.  you're typing so fast and angry trying to make a point that you cant even spell inevitable correctly.  Slow down.  If you want to help me please do.  If you just want to yell this isn't the place.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, you haven't given me any help.  You haven't pointed me towards any guides to read.  which is exactly what i'm reading now.  You haven't helped me. Yes a FEW others have helped.  You have just yelled about how inexperienced i am.  Is it a crime to learn as i grow.  isn't that the point of the game.  you're typing so fast and angry trying to make a point that you cant even spell inevitable correctly.  Slow down.  If you want to help me please do.  If you just want to yell this isn't the place.

I have helped you, and so have others. You are just to stubborn to admit it. The fact is YOU ARE INEXPERIENCED. That is the point. here. And I am not angry at all. And no learning isn't a crime. No one ever said it was. Use common sense here.

I have helped you, and so have others. You are just to stubborn to admit it. The fact is YOU ARE INEXPERIENCED. That is the point. here. And I am not angry at all. And no learning isn't a crime. No one ever said it was. Use common sense here.

Ok tell me what exactly you have helped me with please other than telling me to quit. 

Ok tell me what exactly you have helped me with please other than telling me to quit. 

I have told you to join an alliance, learn how to lead, gain knowledge by being in an alliance government structure, work your way up the ranks,etc.. This stuff will help you when you are actually ready to run an alliance. And I am not the only one who told this.

Edited by Ziggy

I have told you to join an alliance, learn how to lead, work your way up the ranks,etc.. This stuff will help you when you are actually ready to run an alliance. And I am not the only one who told this.

So basically you told me to quit.  Thanks.  Like i said. you haven't helped

ok.  tell me how telling me to quit my alliance is helping my alliance? 

It is helping you from failing. It is helping you to get into an alliance where you can learn how to be a successful alliance leader and run an alliance that any members who eventually join will be proud of being in!

It is helping you from failing. It is helping you to get into an alliance where you can learn how to be a successful alliance leader and run an alliance that any members who eventually join will be proud of being in!

But i'm not failing right now.  we're pretty stable right now.  We're small but we're growing and i'm learning to be a better leader every day.  I'm reading these guides and i'm getting better.  Leaving would just waste time.  I'd like you to understand that i'm not leaving so if you have any other help that will correlate with that please help. 

Free piece of serious advice. 

If you're going to get in over your head and run an alliance, don't go to the OWF for help.  Get a protector, and petition that alliances support. 

A good protector can offer your alliances guides, systems, spreadsheet systems, economic support, and help with pretty much anything, including navigating the FA web (and as a former micro alliance leader myself, I can assure you, nothing is more valuable than the FA and military support that a good protector can offer). 

I could recommend good alliances to partner with for such an arrangement if I knew your personality and your alliance style better, but I don't.  But that arrangement should be made with an alliance who's style complements your own, they will be a major part of helping to shape your destiny. 

When your alliance grows to a point that it can protect itself, if all went amazingly well, your former protector should become your first MDoAP partner while you branch out into the world onto your own.  Some protectors might even encourage you to start establishing treaties outside of the arrangement as you grow, but well before you're ready to venture out into the world as an unprotected AA.

Edit:  I just looked up your AA which says you are protected.  You should have a conversation with your protector about matters of how to run your alliance.  You'll do much better there than on the open forum.

Edited by Banned

A newish player misinterprets the purpose of the OWF and most of us just mock him, how classy. Independent is indeed under TSK's protection, we recently made the agreement but hadn't wanted to announce until Independent had had some time to stabilise and grow.

Josh, Banned's advice was good: the OWF isn't really the place for asking advice, instead come talk to me or one of my government on IRC or by PM whenever you have issues or queries, we'll be happy to help.

Some guy named Josh,

Be careful around these parts. Lots of people will try to pretend to be your friend and tell you that you don't need those cruise missiles.

That's exactly what the people who want you unable to defend yourself would want you to believe.

They are like vultures. And they circle for now whispering into the ear of alliance Independent.

But trust me when I say they'll come picking at your bones when it's too late.

Maximize those cruise missiles asap

The reality Ziggy and others are trying to get you to realize is that Planet Bob is becoming an increasingly tiny place. There are long term, established alliances that have been run by some of the greatest leaders in the game that are closing shop because the planet is shrinking.

These alliances have had the game down pat and often had internal infrastructure set up to operate at a highly efficient level. Their government entirely made up of multiple year veterans of this game, each of which could have easily started up a new, successful alliance of their own in Bob's heyday.

The point I am trying to make is that THESE kinds of alliances are failing and you are trying to start a brand new one from scratch and clearly have very little experience in it, to the point of not even understanding some of Bob's most basic mechanics.

Now, your metric of failure might be different from others, but you will come to find success (with regard to growth both NS and nation count) will be virtually impossible.

Edited by USMC123