Cybernations Awards 2015

Frawley

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to know why the CN awards are failing this year, it's because nobody did anything noteworthy in 2015. Maybe we need to extend them to 2014 accomplishments as well!

I won the Senate on the Brown Team in a hostile environment, won the seat every election since then despitie dealing with 2 Senators who went full rogue with sanctions against me, but with every Senator who sanctioned me being out of the Senate with the start of the next cycle. I'm still a Senator, those who tried to oppose my place in the Senate failed to remove me and since been replaced.

So I feel like I did my part in accomplishing something at least, as well as shake up the politics of a Team Color for the better. Although there is only so much one person can do in a year without being accussed of hogging all the attention. However my accomplishment in winning Brown despite hostility as soon as the status quo realized I was going to win is something I gained & never lost despite the heavy opposition from some for a month+.

Edited by Sephiroth

are you telling me that the formation of oculus wasn't groundbreaking

Oculus hasn't done anything groundbreaking yet, attacking a few alliances on the fringes of the treaty web didn't shake things up. We've yet to see if the bond created by Oculus is stronger than the bonds some members have with some of the power players outside of Oculus. Defeating M16/TPF/STA didn't require hegemonic power or prove Oculus will unite its members stronger than any other treaties when those ties eventually get tested.

If a treaty announcement is the most ground breaking event of a year, lol. Edited by Sephiroth

it was a joke about how nobody did anything of note

There is a sliver of truth to your joke in if I ignore everything I've accomplished or been involved in, I can't really think of anything note worthy beyond maybe Oculus getting signed. Although most noteworthy event isn't a category, but biggest political mistake and biggest controversy should include something noteworthy.

For biggest political mistake, I think its a close one between III% attacking me over wanting to control every seat in the Senate (Had they not sanctioned and attacked me, we could have co-existed peacefully), SRA deciding to keep fighting after III% percent peaced out despite III% securing white peace for SRA also as part of our deal (SRA is gone and was in bad shape even before Walsh got deleted for unrelated reasons, also they lost control over the situation so they couldn't agree to white peace) or Jack Layton (along with the alliance formerly known as Kashmir) turning on the LPC & Monsters Inc.

I consider those all part of one big war, even if our main opponents in it changed throughout; since all of it was a result of III% attacking & SRA joining them in their attack. So if we consider all of those to be the be one long event, I would consider that the biggest controversy. So someone said LPC-SRA Conflict for biggest controversy, but I would consider that war to include our conflict with the alliance SRA attacked us to assist & everyone who attacked to assist SRA or assist those brought in by SRA). They all link together.

Edited by Sephiroth

There is a sliver of truth to your joke in if I ignore everything I've accomplished or been involved in, I can't really think of anything note worthy beyond maybe Oculus getting signed. Although most noteworthy event isn't a category, but biggest political mistake and biggest controversy should include something noteworthy.

For biggest political mistake, I think its a close one between III% attacking me over wanting to control every seat in the Senate (Had they not sanctioned and attacked me, we could have co-existed peacefully), SRA deciding to keep fighting after III% percent peaced out despite III% securing white peace for SRA also as part of our deal (SRA is gone and was in bad shape even before Walsh got deleted for unrelated reasons, also they lost control over the situation so they couldn't agree to white peace) or Jack Layton (along with the alliance formally known as Kashmir) turning on the LPC & Monsters Inc.

I consider those all part of one big war, even if our main opponents in it changed throughout; since all of it was a result of III% attacking & SRA joining them in their attack. So if we consider all of those to be the be one long event, I would consider that the biggest controversy. So someone said LPC-SRA Conflict for biggest controversy, but I would consider that war to include our conflict with the alliance SRA attacked us to assist & everyone who attacked to assist SRA or assist those brought in by SRA). They all link together.

There is a huge difference between significant event of 2015 for all of Cybernations and significant event just for you. anything dealing with you is not noteworthy (except to mock and ridicule) to the rest of us. Ever. 

The alliance formally known as kashmir. Trust me, we're not as formal as you think.

I hate when the spell check feature suddenly recommends the wrong word. Although The X Files seems kind of cheesy, so how long will you be sticking with that? If you're going to keep the X Files theme, you should drop "The" at the beginning.

There is a huge difference between significant event of 2015 for all of Cybernations and significant event just for you. anything dealing with you is not noteworthy (except to mock and ridicule) to the rest of us. Ever. 

It effected the entire Brown Team, the III% backed Brown Treaty was cancelled & I'm just giving my suggestion. I don't think there were any events which had a bigger impact on a large amount of players. Maybe you should suggest something which had a bigger impact than completely changing the political landscape of a color? (Also the war by III% eventually causing a chain reaction of wars which eventually included SRA, Kashmir & many other alliances in the longest war of the year I think also makes it noteworthy beyond the Brown Aspect. Kashmir broke off with their protectorate & attacked them viciously during the conflict. some opponents like The Dark Emperor fought me at least 5 rounds.)

I'm well aware me being involved makes me likely biased and for those events to stand out, but I haven't been able to think of any major events other than that. The war on M16 you guys were saying was going to happen for so long before it did, I would hardly call that an event of huge controversy, also them winning without much oppossition makes me think it doesn't qualify as the biggest political mistake. Although if there were events more noteworthy than all the changes on the Brown Team, I don't think what happened on Brown should be picked just because I was involved. If someone suggests something which fits the criteria better, I would likely vote for it. I just don't see any being suggested.

Edited by Sephiroth

It effected the entire Brown Team, the III% backed Brown Treaty was cancelled & I'm just giving my suggestion. I don't think there were any events which had a bigger impact on a large amount of players. Maybe you should suggest something which had a bigger impact than completely changing the political landscape of a color? (Also the war by III% eventually causing a chain reaction of wars which eventually included SRA, Kashmir & many other alliances in the longest war of the year I think also makes it noteworthy beyond the Brown Aspect. Kashmir broke off with their protectorate & attacked them viciously during the conflict. some opponents like The Dark Emperor fought me at least 5 rounds.)

I'm well aware me being involved makes me likely biased and for those events to stand out, but I haven't been able to think of any major events other than that. The war on M16 you guys were saying was going to happen for so long before it did, I would hardly call that an event of huge controversy, also them winning without much oppossition makes me think it doesn't qualify as the biggest political mistake. Although if there were events more noteworthy than all the changes on the Brown Team, I don't think what happened on Brown should be picked just because I was involved. If someone suggests something which fits the criteria better, I would likely vote for it. I just don't see any being suggested.

Damn America and their war on guns... Anyways, the brown sphere is meh. Any sphere is meh at this point in the game. I agree with Hakai on the fact that very little was done. Even Oculus was barely a thing really. Most of the alliances involved were already tied to one another. 

In all fairness, it never really works to give out yearly awards on any basis except for all that stuff they did in the past.

The alternative, giving out awards based on what we hope you are about to do, well, that's how Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize. Didn't work out so well really.

I nominate myself for a Lifetime Achievement Award.

Oh, it's no great surprise -- and no great loss -- that Hakai doesn't miss me. After all, my compatriots and I, through sheer force of personality, crashed the party for he and his globe-trotting band of thugs. No doubt he yearns still for the days when you could punch a baby and take its candy, and the only one with the backbone to say anything was that waif Walford. I doubt, even seven years on or so, that he has yet puzzled out what exactly happened, because the whole affair was simply "tl;dr". Looking back, it almost feels as if we were the bullies, waging a war of words with a bunch so lexically lacking that they couldn't manage more than a letter and a couple slashes to name themselves.

There we go. That ought to be enough sentences to scare him off. How are you all? Why doesn't anybody post? Has the Twitter scourge turned everyone's brain to mush? My nation has 1 infrastructure and there are 2000 that are ranked lower. Are you being oppressed? Call 1-800-REVO-LUTION today!

God I love you still, my silver-tongued golden boy from halcyon days long past.

Edited by Schattenmann

Since these are empty, I suppose I should come back to activity so someone can win them....I believe I won most hated player back in the day.   :D

I used to occasionally run across myself being nominated for most hated type categories. Haven't tried in years though.