Brief MI6 Announcement

Piejonk

There was no "massive dumping spree" on Shurukian, unless you consider a single frustrated post from each to be a "massive dumping spree". Just as there are a group of people who are fed up with drama and just trying to have fun (and personally, I'm okay with that), there's another, equally large group of people who are pissed off at the total lack of confidence from the people leaving in the ability of the new government to try and make things better. Confidence that you don't seem to have either. Not only that, but every time someone posts a resignation, it adds to the feedback loop of existing drama, and makes the problem worse, and helps push other people to resign. I think Chimaera, Mergerberger and Gopher held back on a lot of what they could, and perhaps should have said at the time.

It is certainly understandable that you are frustrated that a chunk of members left. It would be silly however, to generalize with regards to the reasoning behind these departures. Every individual in question bas independently made up his own balance based on personal perception, circumstance and experience. To that end, I can only speak for myself from here.

A few days prior to my leaving, I privately informed a government member that I was on the edge of leaving. Frankly, I had resided on that edge for a while already. My reasoning can be boiled down to: I love most of you from an ooc pov, but the IC drama and as you already alluded, the victim complex were a structural source of mild annoyance to me.

You know me at this point. These days my main thing is to simy joke around and enjoy myself. That was something that had been becoming increasingly difficult.

Now, the govt member in question told me that we were turning over a new leaf. I told him that I would take some time to consider. A few days later, a few members departed and I registered once again the same behavior. If you are curious as to what I am referring to: somewhere in my topic history, you will find a speech written 9 months or so ago detailing what I believe to be the dynamic and the recurring behavior that stands at the source of most drama.

Following that, my (standard) joking on irc was followed up with disproportionate hostility from a different government official including a comment that could be construed as inappropriate and in bad taste. The official ragequit. While it was a bit of a 'well, okay then' incident, it highlighted, to me, that we were back on the exact same path we had been on for months.

That night I personally drew the conclusion that my style of membership and play no longer matched with that of MI6 and that it was better to leave amiably.

You may disagree with my decision or even my overall conduct. That is your good right. If there is anything you wish to discuss, you are free to query me.

I am placing this post here as it appears that there is still hostility going back and forth, and as it sounds like there is a perception that we all left for the same reason and with the same rationale. This is incorrect. Some might not have wanted to give the new government a chance. Others might have left for personal friendships. And others may have left because they were just tired in general. I do not believe any of that to be something one can hold against us.

MI6 still remains an alliance with a lot of quality, and I still do hope you succeed.

Edited by Partisan

It is certainly understandable that you are frustrated that a chunk of members left. It would be silly however, to generalize with regards to the reasoning behind these departures. Every individual in question bas independently made up his own balance based on personal perception, circumstance and experience. To that end, I can only speak for myself from here.

A few days prior to my leaving, I privately informed a government member that I was on the edge of leaving. Frankly, I had resided on that edge for a while already. My reasoning can be boiled down to: I love most of you from an ooc pov, but the IC drama and as you already alluded, the victim complex were a structural source of mild annoyance to me.

You know me at this point. These days my main thing is to simy joke around and enjoy myself. That was something that had been becoming increasingly difficult.

Now, the govt member in question told me that we were turning over a new leaf. I told him that I would take some time to consider. A few days later, a few members departed and I registered once again the same behavior. If you are curious as to what I am referring to: somewhere in my topic history, you will find a speech written 9 months or so ago detailing what I believe to be the dynamic and the recurring behavior that stands at the source of most drama.

Following that, my (standard) joking on irc was followed up with disproportionate hostility from a different government official including a comment that could be construed as inappropriate and in bad taste. The official ragequit. While it was a bit of a 'well, okay then' incident, it highlighted, to me, that we were back on the exact same path we had been on for months.

That night I personally drew the conclusion that my style of membership and play no longer matched with that of MI6 and that it was better to leave amiably.

You may disagree with my decision or even my overall conduct. That is your good right. If there is anything you wish to discuss, you are free to query me.

I am placing this post here as it appears that there is still hostility going back and forth, and as it sounds like there is a perception that we all left for the same reason and with the same rationale. This is incorrect. Some might not have wanted to give the new government a chance. Others might have left for personal friendships. And others may have left because they were just tired in general. I do not believe any of that to be something one can hold against us.

MI6 still remains an alliance with a lot of quality, and I still do hope you succeed.

Hey- that's fine by me. I don't even slightly dislike you for it, I've done the same plenty of times before in your position. I don't dislike Doch either for his post in here. I hope the Bear Cavalry does well too :)

I don't like arguing with other alliance members in public, but you've drastically missed the point. I don't disagree with the notion that we have a victim complex on a wide range of FA matters (non MI6 observers will be curious to know that it's been the majority opinion within MI6 for much of the last year), but this is absolutely not one of those matters.

There was no "massive dumping spree" on Shurukian, unless you consider a single frustrated post from each to be a "massive dumping spree". Just as there are a group of people who are fed up with drama and just trying to have fun (and personally, I'm okay with that), there's another, equally large group of people who are pissed off at the total lack of confidence from the people leaving in the ability of the new government to try and make things better. Confidence that you don't seem to have either. Not only that, but every time someone posts a resignation, it adds to the feedback loop of existing drama, and makes the problem worse, and helps push other people to resign. I think Chimaera, Mergerberger and Gopher held back on a lot of what they could, and perhaps should have said at the time.

There's a difference between choosing to no longer spend money on hosting a board and paying for an IPB license for a group of people that you no longer want anything to do with (okay, fair enough), and chucking a tantrum and deleting the boards without warning. He could have given us some kind of handover period; he could have given us the backups to the board; he could have given us the domain. Those actions would not have required future financial contributions from him, and yet he did none of those things. He acted with the intent of ensuring we'd never have access to the contents of our forum again. My understanding is that we only got the backup because Shurukian decided to help us and actually tricked Sargun into getting us access to those backups (for which we cannot thank her enough), and I further understand that Sargun is still pissed at her for doing that. The rest of you think the use of the word "malicious" is laughable, but the use of the word is correct- Sargun acted with the intention of hurting the alliance. If we hadn't been able to get the backup, we would been spectacularly screwed. The alliance would have lost a lot of guides, the contents of our embassies, years of general forum content, and dozens of other documents that would have required time and effort to rewrite and replace. My personal experience in communities completely losing their forums (an INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATINGLY -LARGE- AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE- BY THE WAY, $%&@ A DOZEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE I'VE MET ON THE INTERNET OVER THIS KIND OF HORSE!@#$) tells me that what's left of the MI6 community would have never recovered, and probably closed down within 12 months.

I'll 100% blame Sargun for the loss of the forums. He chose his actions. If MI6's government is to be blamed for anything, it is for not realising that we had a bloody toddler for a root admin and moving forums sooner. Sargun has repeatedly temporarily locked off our access to the forum in the past, and has also used his access as root admin to interfere in the 00/M private forums. He's also ragequit and deleted his nation at least once during the war. I can think of at least two different occasions in the last 3 months where the need to urgently move forums over this crap was raised by Chimaera (which we put on the backburner over the inconvenience of having to move everyone to a new board during a war), and last term I was instructed to make my own copies of various important alliance documents in case this very thing happened.

tl;dr- no hope for MI6, this is all Salajol's fault.

I don't particularly agree with what Sargun did as you are right there were other venues that he could have done but sometimes you get angry and go scorched earth. I was simply pointing out the fact that Sargun did not delete the forums out of nowhere and that if we cannot even accept the cause of the deletion (i.e. the actions of our 2 Ms and one more gov member as the final catalyst along with the actions/internal drama that has gone on for over 2 years) then MI6 has no hope. MI6 will gain new and inactive members but lose the active members who simply tire of seeing the same behavior. MI6 will boil down to a handful of individuals doing everything and screaming at one another the entire time. So you drastically missed my point. 

What sargun did was shitty but the new boards could be seen as a new start. Instead we have you shitting on yet another former member which shows me and others that MI6 can't even have this become a catalyst to a new start and new behavior. 

So how about we maybe just put a full stop on airing our dirty laundry in public. Jeez, take it to a private message or IRC query. I know the rest of Bob finds it immensely entertaining whenever we fuck up and it spills over into the hallway, but we make it far too easy sometimes. 

Thanks very much to Shuru for getting us back our forums, and max for agreeing to help host. 

I don't particularly agree with what Sargun did as you are right there were other venues that he could have done but sometimes you get angry and go scorched earth. I was simply pointing out the fact that Sargun did not delete the forums out of nowhere and that if we cannot even accept the cause of the deletion (i.e. the actions of our 2 Ms and one more gov member as the final catalyst along with the actions/internal drama that has gone on for over 2 years) then MI6 has no hope. MI6 will gain new and inactive members but lose the active members who simply tire of seeing the same behavior. MI6 will boil down to a handful of individuals doing everything and screaming at one another the entire time. So you drastically missed my point. 

What sargun did was !@#$%* but the new boards could be seen as a new start. Instead we have you !@#$ting on yet another former member which shows me and others that MI6 can't even have this become a catalyst to a new start and new behavior. 

I'm not prone to dumping on people, but sometimes you have to set the record straight.

Easy now, even I can figure out what you are saying. Please refrain from that kind of dialogue.

It is likely that he had a falling out with the individual in question. Emotions can be a strong thing at times. I'm sure his alliance (MI6) will keep him in check and hopefully restrained within a sturdy straight-jacket so we can be all happy.

It is likely that he had a falling out with the individual in question. Emotions can be a strong thing at times. I'm sure his alliance (MI6) will keep him in check and hopefully restrained within a sturdy straight-jacket so we can be all happy.

Mastabadey hasn't been an MI6 member in some months.