A Statement From MI6

Shurukian

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Karma they along with a bunch of other alliances had to be shamed into defending NPO.

This old lie almost slipped past me.

No one "shamed" anyone into defending NPO.  They simply didn't enter the fray on the Karma side's timetable, something that none of the alliances were obligated to do.  The biggest lie of the Karma War however was that it was fought to save Planet Bob from NPO's tyranny.  Maybe a few people thought so, but the rest of us knew better.  Even now years later, the same sort of curb stomps that took place back then happen now--witness the latest demonstration of power by the latest incarnation of NPO & Friends.

Good luck to Mi6, whatever the future holds.  You are going to need it.

Edited by ChairmanHal

No one "shamed" anyone into defending NPO.  They simply didn't enter the fray on the Karma side's timetable, something that none of the alliances were obligated to do.  The biggest lie of the Karma War however was that it was fought to save Planet Bob from NPO's tyranny.  Maybe a few people thought so, but the rest of us knew better.  Even now years later, the same sort of curb stomps that took place back then happen now--witness the latest demonstration of power by the latest incarnation of NPO & Friends.

Old lie? What utter nonsense. The coalition of cowards declarations after the fact (many of them half hearted on people who didn't matter) is something no one in CN should ever forget.

RON has been an alliance of infra hugging runaways since the jump.

But no, I have no confidence this bloc will last. They'll eat each other, and I will laugh.

Old lie? What utter nonsense. The coalition of cowards declarations after the fact (many of them half hearted on people who didn't matter) is something no one in CN should ever forget.

But no, I have no confidence this bloc will last. They'll eat each other, and I will laugh.

Thank you for correcting him. As you said, no one that was around at the time will ever forget those days NPO waited for help, only to be abandoned by the cowards until they were shamed into a half assed war. 

Take it from someone who was part of the leadership of one of those "coward" alliances then.  Were we pissed at NPO?  Yep.  Did we, Valhalla, plan to cancel our treaties with them after the war?  Damn right.  NPO had stupidly stepped into a trap and they had been warned.  Was there ever a moment we weren't going to live up to our treaty obligations?  Nope.  Sorry.

Thank you for correcting him. As you said, no one that was around at the time will ever forget those days NPO waited for help, only to be abandoned by the cowards until they were shamed into a half assed war. 

Your lack for historical knowledge is breathtaking.  Everyone at Valhalla gave everything they had and then gave more.  Same was true at TPF and many other alliances on the non-Karma side.

You can give IRON a lot of !@#$ for the things they have done since (btw, aren't they technically still indirectly tied to you?  they used to be for sure...).  But their Karma War effort is not one the things that weigh on the negative side of the balance.

Edited by ChairmanHal

As another who was in the coalition channels, everyone involved in the "Coalition of Cowards" knew there was no other option than to fight alongside NPO, regardless of political decisions that would only influence anything after the war was over, but the fact it was a trap was glaringly obvious to everyone besides... Moo basically, hence just about all of us telling him to go solve the problem diplomatically and not randomly decide to quit IRC for the night.

Edited by Mogar

I could give a fk less about you or what you think, if you do think. There is no Karma coming anymore. In all of your pandering to win you've all destroyed the BOB. The politics are dead. Why waste time? NPO won. The wars too! They decide who can and can't do everything.

It is ironic that Oculus was the eye in which I/we saw this world die.

Anyone reading this can run the numbers. It's speeding up. This war didn't open errors, it closed them. If there is another winter war ever again it will be lonely because it would take every nation not allied to them to come together just to make a dent!

Bobs been dead before Oculus formed. They are just the only ones still playing politics. 

Bobs been dead before Oculus formed. They are just the only ones still playing politics. 

i would not say it is a matter of who is playing politics but more of some just laying down and giving up.  Seems with all the talk of the past and how in Karma NPO was able to be defeated that history could be repeated if people not lay down and give up.  This comes down to the old adage that houston we have a problem but can some else please fix it for them and not stand up for themselves and do something about it. (mommy mommy .. i cut my finger please fix it for me) intead of getting a band aid and fixing the problem yourself ?}

dammit there goes my New Years resolution lol

i would not say it is a matter of who is playing politics but more of some just laying down and giving up.  Seems with all the talk of the past and how in Karma NPO was able to be defeated that history could be repeated if people not lay down and give up.  This comes down to the old adage that houston we have a problem but can some else please fix it for them and not stand up for themselves and do something about it. (mommy mommy .. i cut my finger please fix it for me) intead of getting a band aid and fixing the problem yourself ?}

Anyone who could actually fix it is allied to you, and by making any move in opposition to Oculus they would find themselves being the target of the next rolling, Q at it's highest point had less than 20% of the total NS in the game, you're nearing 40%(And that includes WTF/Pax/GPA, so the "herp a derp just do something about it xD" line is rather trite when the reality is you're participating in a bloc with no goal besides endgame.

As my attention span will only last a short while longer, I wanted to thank you all for this fine read.   It certainly made up for the most boring war I ever remember paying attention some to.  

I agree.  This thread, from the very first post forward, has been more entertaining to watch than the entire war.  Thank you everyone for that.

I could give a fk less about you or what you think, if you do think. There is no Karma coming anymore. In all of your pandering to win you've all destroyed the BOB. The politics are dead. Why waste time? NPO won. The wars too! They decide who can and can't do everything.

It is ironic that Oculus was the eye in which I/we saw this world die.

Anyone reading this can run the numbers. It's speeding up. This war didn't open errors, it closed them. If there is another winter war ever again it will be lonely because it would take every nation not allied to them to come together just to make a dent!

oh my, such beautiful talk of doom.  please continue - I've been feeling rather optimistic lately and we can't have too much of that from a person in my position within doom sphere.  in fact, if you're truly in the mood send me a private PM.  need to keep the OWF family friendly...

You'd be surprised what happens when people decide they don't give a $%&@ about anything but winning.

Losing is overrated.

Nice try, but Judge X does doom better.  However, feel free to contact me and I'll give you some pointers.

i would not say it is a matter of who is playing politics but more of some just laying down and giving up.  Seems with all the talk of the past and how in Karma NPO was able to be defeated that history could be repeated if people not lay down and give up. 

When I first came to Planet Bob, one war prior to Karma, I wondered how any one group could piss people off so much while maintaining such a strong hold on everyone's actions.  Regardless of what others claim, this isn't the same situation.  However, I do think I have an answer at this point. 

Cool that I've stayed around long enough to see the politics go full circle.

Edited by White Chocolate

Anyone who could actually fix it is allied to you, and by making any move in opposition to Oculus they would find themselves being the target of the next rolling, Q at it's highest point had less than 20% of the total NS in the game, you're nearing 40%(And that includes WTF/Pax/GPA, so the "herp a derp just do something about it xD" line is rather trite when the reality is you're participating in a bloc with no goal besides endgame.

Perfect example of rolling over in this post .... all talk again and excuses not to do something... for every problem there is a solution .... and right now it seems the saying of .. if you keep trying to do the same thing again and again you will only get the same results.. here i see you whinning and whinning and getting the same result .. Nothing.  just absolutely nothing.

Perfect example of rolling over in this post .... all talk again and excuses not to do something... for every problem there is a solution .... and right now it seems the saying of .. if you keep trying to do the same thing again and again you will only get the same results.. here i see you whinning and whinning and getting the same result .. Nothing.  just absolutely nothing.

To be fair the world is probably over 75% smaller than it was in 2008/9.

Not that it matters anyway as going off the last war not many of the people who are left have anything to fear from Oculus.

The attempt of the boogeyman bloc is sub par at best.

Well that's the real thing rebel, The bloc would have to actually be able to have a coherent strategy and not two very contradictory ones competing for different long term goals. The best they can do is roll Polarsphere again before they're forced to turn on themselves.

You misunderstand, I do not like your alliance, nor the majority you're allied to, if that means I lose the next war so be it, but if you think that me and my friends are like you and will simply ally anyone who threatens us, you are vastly mistaken. I'd rather have allies I can rely on than be attached to alliances that have betrayed me several times in the past.(If you think Umbrella won't throw you to the wolves to save their pixels, you're far more naive than even Brehon was.)

If you wish to war us, all you have to do is pull the trigger, we're waiting.

Edited by Mogar

I agree.  This thread, from the very first post forward, has been more entertaining to watch than the entire war.  Thank you everyone for that.

oh my, such beautiful talk of doom.  please continue - I've been feeling rather optimistic lately and we can't have too much of that from a person in my position within doom sphere.  in fact, if you're truly in the mood send me a private PM.  need to keep the OWF family friendly...

Losing is overrated.

Nice try, but Judge X does doom better.  However, feel free to contact me and I'll give you some pointers.

When I first came to Planet Bob, one war prior to Karma, I wondered how any one group could piss people off so much while maintaining such a strong hold on everyone's actions.  Regardless of what others claim, this isn't the same situation.  However, I do think I have an answer at this point. 

Cool that I've stayed around long enough to see the politics go full circle.

I have too agree it is different .. the biggest problem is still no one wants to take the effort and figure out the solution.

Edited by brucemania

Well that's the real thing rebel, The bloc would have to actually be able to have a coherent strategy and not two very contradictory ones competing for different long term goals. The best they can do is roll Polarsphere again before they're forced to turn on themselves.

You misunderstand, I do not like your alliance, nor the majority you're allied to, if that means I lose the next war so be it, but if you think that me and my friends are like you and will simply ally anyone who threatens us, you are vastly mistaken. I'd rather have allies I can rely on than be attached to alliances that have betrayed me several times in the past.(If you think Umbrella won't throw you to the wolves to save their pixels, you're far more naive than even Brehon was.)

If you wish to war us, all you have to do is pull the trigger, we're waiting.

Then maybe if this is the case Polarshpere should maybe work and do some poltical moving and gather the support needed maybe or something ... but then i should not be sitting here explaining this to you as maybe you should be there working it.

Take it from someone who was part of the leadership of one of those "coward" alliances then.  Were we pissed at NPO?  Yep.  Did we, Valhalla, plan to cancel our treaties with them after the war?  Damn right.  NPO had stupidly stepped into a trap and they had been warned.  Was there ever a moment we weren't going to live up to our treaty obligations?  Nope.  Sorry.

Your lack for historical knowledge is breathtaking.  Everyone at Valhalla gave everything they had and then gave more.  Same was true at TPF and many other alliances on the non-Karma side.

You can give IRON a lot of !@#$ for the things they have done since (btw, aren't they technically still indirectly tied to you?  they used to be for sure...).  But their Karma War effort is not one the things that weigh on the negative side of the balance.

I love you to death Hal, but Valhalla is a terrible alliance that has repeatedly dodged treaty obligations in a kind of pixel hugging frenzy that only RON (since there's nothing independent about them) and the Legion could rival. But the kind of backstabbing NPO went through is typical of what happens when you get a bunch of "realpolitik" people under the same banner.

They eat each other. These guys will too, and it'll be hilarious.

Then maybe if this is the case Polarshpere should maybe work and do some poltical moving and gather the support needed maybe or something ... but then i should not be sitting here explaining this to you as maybe you should be there working it.

See, that's the thing, if you had the political willpower to roll us, you'd have done so by now, the fact you can't do so freely even with such a significant NS advantage kinda implies you're a paper tiger at best, and the only "moves" to be done involve attaching ourselves further to your circlejerk. You know where to find us and I don't see very many in peace mode.

I love you to death Hal, but Valhalla is a terrible alliance that has repeatedly dodged treaty obligations in a kind of pixel hugging frenzy that only RON (since there's nothing independent about them) and the Legion could rival. But the kind of backstabbing NPO went through is typical of what happens when you get a bunch of "realpolitik" people under the same banner.

They eat each other. These guys will too, and it'll be hilarious.

88246a0cabf33633fe964d6a9273caa4.jpg
More appropriate theme for Oculus, IMO.

Edited by Mogar

Judge X, you will never make a coherent argument in favor of your side.It's better for those you're "defending" if you just shut it. Or, you could keep entertaining me. Your choice.

10 million forums quotes on a browser game. Pffffff

finally, something that makes sense

To be fair the world is probably over 75% smaller than it was in 2008/9.

Not that it matters anyway as going off the last war not many of the people who are left have anything to fear from Oculus.

The attempt of the boogeyman bloc is sub par at best.

Without trying to further fan the flames here - I agree with you but not because I think any given Oculus member is incompetent.

Rather, over the past two years or so our world has begun to accelerate its own doom and we've seen the disappearance of many active players as well as active alliances.

MI6 did it in the form of an alliance - Pulled away active people who were helping hold up their respective alliances into one group causing instability in multiple groups inadvertently.

Oculus and Doom both did it in the form of the current treaty web - Pulled the majority of the active game into one clustered group of alliances. Even Polaris or "Polarsphere" is not blameless here but we are much less attached to the main grouping than the rest of the game.

It's not some failing on the part of Pacifica, or Doom, or Umbrella, or any one alliance that the treaty web has become a black hole - collapsing under its own gravity via a lack of any (viable) outside competition.

It's simply a problem that has to be fixed one-by-one with each alliance. Many still play this game like we have massive numbers to play with, we don't. I would point to other [ooc]games[/ooc] where there are maybe 1000-2000 nations in the largest comparable worlds to CN and how their politics work. The treaty web must split apart by necessity or risk strangling the political piece of the game, thus losing the overwhelming majority of players.

Edited by Master Holton

I really think it's always a shallow analysis to just look at the treaty web as the "problem" when it is merely the byproduct of alliance relations, and the need for mutual defense against common enemies. Even though I've sometimes been isolated from the treaty web, I never thought of it as the problem.

The real problem is a conflict of interests in many alliances between the upper and low tier membership. When certain alliances have political power consolidated within the upper tier, you will start to see these alliances act in the interests of a developing sphere-wide upper tier class, rather than all the members of an alliance. This environment is toxic for new nations who are seen as exploitable tech farms rather than comrades.

Naturally, the best of these new nations leave when they hear of greener pastures elsewhere, and you are left with an inactive shell representing "old money." Most of these upper-tier nations only become active when the fear of war drives them into one coalition camp or another. That's just not a fun environment for new nations.

Edited by Immortan Junka

I really think it's always a shallow analysis to just look at the treaty web as the "problem" when it is merely the byproduct of alliance relations, and the need for mutual defense against common enemies. Even though I've sometimes been isolated from the treaty web, I never thought of it as the problem.

The real problem is a conflict of interests in many alliances between the upper and low tier membership. When certain alliances have political power consolidated within the upper tier, you will start to see these alliances act in the interests of a developing sphere-wide upper tier class, rather than all the members of an alliance. This environment is toxic for new nations who are seen as exploitable tech farms rather than comrades.

Naturally, the best of these new nations leave when they hear of greener pastures elsewhere, and you are left with an inactive shell representing "old money." Most of these upper-tier nations only become active when the fear of war drives them into one coalition camp or another. That's just not a fun environment for new nations.

I don't entirely agree with this analysis simply due to the fact that improvements have been made to make it much more profitable for newer nations to sell tech simply by doubling the amount of money which can be sent in a single aid slot. Personally I remember selling three slots of tech for half the amount you can send in money in a single aid slot now. I was still able to grow out of that situation to become part of the mid to upper tier of the game and newer nations have a much more accelerated ability to grow than before these changes were made.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

Um no. Bobs population is under 5k of nations near 999 infra. That doesnt account for the tech farms and neutrals. That could eliminate probably 1000+ more of Bobs population. It's not a matter of laying down and giving up, its a matter of Bob is pretty much dead and most sticking around just do so to remain in contact w/ people they've been in contact with for years. 

You seem to think that Oculus is the problem. It is not. Oculus is the same shit w/ just a different name. 

Edited by ditchboy00

Um no. Bobs population is under 5k of nations near 999 infra. That doesnt account for the tech farms and neutrals. That could eliminate probably 1000+ more of Bobs population. It's not a matter of laying down and giving up, its a matter of Bob is pretty much dead and most sticking around just do so to remain in contact w/ people they've been in contact with for years. 

When you are dealt a bad hand but need to push forward ... you play the cards you have and find a way to out play your foe even if it means thinking out of the box.  If you dont you slowly whittle away and leave the table with nothing.