A Statement From MI6

Shurukian

Does Oculus, the home of NPO and a world power, not posess sufficient diplomats to refute or reduce the bad optics they're getting from this war? Hell, how hard is it to get people on a "more in sorrow than in anger" message for TPF/STA, and then just assert with little evidence that MI6 is doing something bad?

Instead, a bunch of forgettables are talking smack to the most universally respected ethical leader in CN, and talking shit about an ancient and loyal former NPO ally. That's unforgivably stupid from a bloc whose supoosed to be this great power.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Oculus, the home of NPO and a world power, not posess sufficient diplomats to refute or reduce the bad optics they're getting from this war? Hell, how hard is it to get people on a "more in sorrow than in anger" message for TPF/STA, and then just assert with little evidence that MI6 is doing something bad?

My two cents, as always.

Because what has started as a quite civil discussion (I re-read the first few pages) has become the usual swamp of arguments, mainly because of the usual score of provokers who had no part in the war are acting because of their vetted interest in fueling this mess of hatred and accusations. And this is the real shame of it all.

There is no point in cleaning all the mud that some people have fun throwing around: you just tire yourself and get your hands dirty.

Edited by obscurus

Too much salt in this thread.

For those of you who had fun in this war, you're the real winners!

For the those of you who actually fought, enjoy all the XP.  Surely those maxed out generals will come in handy!

Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!

Thank you, ZeroOne, and I wish you the same.

You can't kill your opponents in this world, merely contain them; so defeat is a tenuous concept.

You can knock them out of the super tier®, but other than that most of its recoverable fairly quickly in our world's terms.

Too much salt in this thread.

For those of you who had fun in this war, you're the real winners!

For the those of you who actually fought, enjoy all the XP.  Surely those maxed out generals will come in handy!

Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!

Better attitude to display as a victor!

My two cents, as always.

Because what has started as a quite civil discussion (I re-read the first few pages) has become the usual swamp of arguments, mainly because of the usual score of provokers who had no part in the war are acting because of their vetted interest in fueling this mess of hatred and accusations. And this is the real shame of it all.

There is no point in cleaning all the mud that some people have fun throwing around: you just tire yourself and get your hands dirty.

Trust that it was never civil once I was awoken from my slumber and it won't be until I am gone. I am the one that complained to NPO about NG being a POS alliance. In the one that reminded them that we had a bad history.

I was told by Brehon that everything would be smoothed over. That NG had changed and when the next war was coming up I was told that we would not be asked to attack direct allies of our allies.

IN THE INTEREST OF OVER A HALF OF A DECADE OF FRIENDSHIP AND HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF DIPLOMATIC WORK TO DUG US OUT OF THE HOLE WE WERE IN, I SMOOTHED THINGS OVER AND COMPROMISED! What good that did for TPF when it came time for us to get a treaty that NPO's more important allies disliked!

For those allies of NPO that are shaking their heads reading this, you too are expendable. No one can stab you in the back better than those you've called family!

Peace is a lie
May NPO live forever Edited by Judge X

Diplomacy on Bob has long been dominated by rank amateurs.

Indeed, Pingu. And these days they reside in Oculus.

For those allies of NPO that are shaking their heads reading this, you too are expendable. No one can stab you in the back better than those you've called family!

I was saying this in 2007. Did you just figure it out?

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Trust that it was never civil once I was awoken from my slumber and it won't be until I am gone. I am the one that complained to NPO about NG being a POS alliance. In the one that reminded them that we had a bad history.

I was told by Brehon that everything would be smoothed over. That NG had changed and when the next war was coming up I was told that we would not be asked to attack direct allies of our allies.

IN THE INTEREST OF OVER A HALF OF A DECADE OF FRIENDSHIP AND HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF DIPLOMATIC WORK TO DUG US OUT OF THE HOLE WE WERE IN, I SMOOTHED THINGS OVER AND COMPROMISED! What good that did for TPF when it came time for us to get a treaty that NPO's more important allies disliked!

Peace is a lie
May NPO live forever

At least we don't tap out of a losing war like bitches barely halfway through. To each their own however...  :smug:

At least we don't tap out of a losing war like !@#$%*es barely halfway through. To each their own however...  :smug:

You, NSO, and Nordreich were in that war till the end, TPF did more damage per nation in their half of the war than every other alliance on our side (bar GATO and STA) did in the entire war. !@#$%*ing about them peacing out is just revisionist history because the rest of our side was incompetent $%&@s or barely engaged even if they were "at war" for a longer period of time. Regardless of how long they fought for they dealt (9th) and took (6th) most damage per nation on our side. They dealt (4th) and took (3rd) most damage per war on our side, so they were engaged in the upper tiers heavily, they just didn't stick around for the flailing dicks 20k NS vs 20k NS crap as the war wound down. Do you really have substance to your argument or are you like the liberals of Coloradia who rely on emotional appeals because they don't have a leg to stand on factually?

Edited by Coloradia

You, NSO, and Nordreich were in that war till the end, TPF did more damage per nation in their half of the war than every other alliance on our side (bar GATO and STA) did in the entire war. !@#$%*ing about them peacing out is just revisionist history because the rest of our side was incompetent $%&@s or barely engaged even if they were "at war" for a longer period of time. Regardless of how long they fought for they dealt and took the 6th most damage per nation on our side. They dealt the 4th most damage per war on our side, so they were engaged in the upper tiers heavily, they just didn't stick around for the flailing dicks 20k NS vs 20k NS crap as the war wound down. Do you really have substance to your argument or are you like the liberals of Coloradia who rely on emotional appeals because they don't have a leg to stand on factually?

So you're saying that solidarity of a side in a war is unimportant? That seeing a fight through to its bitter end has no bearing on how the world sees you and your alliance going forward? Entertaining. I've already broken my no OWF rule by posting in this travesty. And with this, I'm outta here.

Oh, and your numbers are wrong. Feel free to consult RI5. Top damage for that war on our side was NPO, NG, NoR, GATO.

Edited by Caustic

NG trash nation proves exactly the point I posted earlier, will get on their knees for IRON to knife their back. Yet manages to be critical of us for getting out of a war halfway through when we were fighting half a dozen alliances to take heat off their sorry nations. All this with direct allies on the other side of the conflict, in a war we didn't want, that we'd told NPO we wouldn't enter due to those conflicts and the idiotic flailing of NG and company as they plotted the war before it blew up in their face.

Ungrateful trash is the whole lot of Occulus.

You, NSO, and Nordreich were in that war till the end, TPF did more damage per nation in their half of the war than every other alliance on our side (bar GATO and STA) did in the entire war. !@#$%*ing about them peacing out is just revisionist history because the rest of our side was incompetent $%&@s or barely engaged even if they were "at war" for a longer period of time. Regardless of how long they fought for they dealt (9th) and took (6th) most damage per nation on our side. They dealt (4th) and took (3rd) most damage per war on our side, so they were engaged in the upper tiers heavily, they just didn't stick around for the flailing dicks 20k NS vs 20k NS crap as the war wound down. Do you really have substance to your argument or are you like the liberals of Coloradia who rely on emotional appeals because they don't have a leg to stand on factually?

NG trash nation proves exactly the point I posted earlier, will get on their knees for IRON to knife their back. Yet manages to be critical of us for getting out of a war halfway through when we were fighting half a dozen alliances to take heat off their sorry nations. All this with direct allies on the other side of the conflict, in a war we didn't want, that we'd told NPO we wouldn't enter due to those conflicts and the idiotic flailing of NG and company as they plotted the war before it blew up in their face.

Ungrateful trash is the whole lot of Occulus.

Hmm one has to wonder the twisting of the reasons in the contradictary manner for the twisting.  NPO and TPF relations were souring long before the war in question.  And yes you did say that you did not want to enter which in turn you only entered to save face and then left as soon as possible.

Monsters Inc enjoyed being part of it.

And our 9-man Alliance were proud to have contributed a positive damage ratio for the Queen Elizabeth Coalition:

Monsters Inc: Damage recieved 130,148.16 Damage Dealt 158,283.93 number of wars: 66

And our 9-man Alliance were proud to have contributed a positive damage ratio for the Queen Elizabeth Coalition:

Monsters Inc: Damage recieved 130,148.16 Damage Dealt 158,283.93 number of wars: 66

This is hilarious you keep thumping your chest for fighting for a week. That's an utter joke. At least TPF fought it out for at least a month in Disorder since apparently that topic's open for discussion. NPO had a positive damage ratio in Disorder for most, if not the entire war as well, but we don't thump our chests about how we "won" that war.

If you're so confident about how strong you are as an AA, and since the peace term you accepted when you backed out of the war after a week are now over since the conflict with MI6, TPF, and STA is over you're not exactly backing up any of your "bravado" with any substance. Otherwise you would've answered my comrade's question earlier and done something to actually back up all your hot air you spout here:

Why not go for double or nothing then?  

As it is you're just a windbag who doesn't back up anything you actually claim with all your chest thumping.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

You guys really need to stop mentioning this damage per nation thing when you are on the outnumbered side of a war. It isn't anything at all to be proud of, there are no medals to gain as it's a given fact that when you have more nations to attack you should definitely be inflicting the most damage overall.

My nation alone could have achieved more than that in one round of war.

You're still irrelevant.

Hmm one has to wonder the twisting of the reasons in the contradictary manner for the twisting.  NPO and TPF relations were souring long before the war in question.  And yes you did say that you did not want to enter which in turn you only entered to save face and then left as soon as possible.

The debate we had internally was which one of our allies should we support in this war. We saw that NPO was having the most difficulty in there war and that our other ally would come our relatively unscathed.  So we joined the war in defense of you all... Following this decision the other ally that I mentioned declared war on STA, and we had half a dozen or so allies attacking TPF and STA. There was so much anger over this war on the TPF forums, you can't even comprehend it. Now to see you here twisting it is infuriating. Perhaps you should read over some of your own governments opinions on our exit.

I should also note, that we were under no treaty obligations to go to your defense. We did it because we were friends.

Edited by leeguy