monsters incorporated

This thread is golden, all that big talk from some junior members of NPOculus when the boss was scrambling behind the scenes to clean up this mess. Don't worry NPOculus junior members, Daddy's upper tier mustn't be harmed, even if your whole block looks like spineless worms in the face of one nation.

I think DT members would have been quite happy to take BONES all the way down every tier, we don't have enough targets up high... kind of bored.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Oculus peace out Monster Inc because of this thread?

-omfg

Yes, but the way they spin it, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with them suddenly deciding that they needed to seek peace with MInc. None whatsoever, despite the fact that less than 24 hours after this thread was created, MInc had peace. Despite the fact that prior to this thread being created, Oculus did not even attempt to contact MInc over peace talks. So, in layman's terms, yes, this peace was the entirety of the reason behind Oculus peacing out MInc.

Yes, but the way they spin it, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with them suddenly deciding that they needed to seek peace with MInc. None whatsoever, despite the fact that less than 24 hours after this thread was created, MInc had peace. Despite the fact that prior to this thread being created, Oculus did not even attempt to contact MInc over peace talks. So, in layman's terms, yes, this peace was the entirety of the reason behind Oculus peacing out MInc.

I don't think anyone has claimed that this thread wasn't the reason we realized that Mi wanted peace. However, we would have given them peace even if they'd found a less dramatic way to express their wish for it, so the thread wasn't the actual cause of the peace in the sense you're implying. But hey, nice spin.

I don't think anyone has claimed that this thread wasn't the reason we realized that Mi wanted peace. However, we would have given them peace even if they'd found a less dramatic way to express their wish for it, so the thread wasn't the actual cause of the peace in the sense you're implying. But hey, nice spin.

This is the part I think people are struggling with. I can't recall a single time that a micro blasted into a bloc and got peace as soon as they asked for it.

Does this mean any micro can hit NPO and get peace a week later, no repurcussions? If not, what makes this case unique?

Please answer in haiku format :D

Disclaimer: I am very Pro-NPO, this thread just seems to be going in circles :/

I guess you gathered that intel when Zxcsd raided your alliance, correct? He raided IRON, looted a lot of your land and then walk away without almost no repercussions (he only received a few nukes IIRC). And why he was allowed to walk away? Because Bones threatened to attack your alliance if you don't allow Zxcsd to walk away. So it is second time IRON bowed to Bones' demands.

This issue was actually discussed with Cuba and TBRaiders, but if you want to build Bones legend I'll give you a hand. People say Karma happened thanks to Bones who threatened to attack everyone who'd not drop their treaty with NPO.

I guess you gathered that intel when Zxcsd raided your alliance, correct? He raided IRON, looted a lot of your land and then walk away without almost no repercussions (he only received a few nukes IIRC). And why he was allowed to walk away? Because Bones threatened to attack your alliance if you don't allow Zxcsd to walk away. So it is second time IRON bowed to Bones' demands.

You have no idea what happened, if we really wanted to, we could've ate all of zx tech, he was going to be bill locked within a round.

Our top tier would've simply gone to PM and we would've simply transferred all of zx tech into our alliance.

Unfortunately for us (normal members, who saw a free tech raid) diplomacy prevailed for zx.

I think I had a aneurysm processing seven pages of butthurt. It was worth it if I get more targets.

This is the part I think people are struggling with. I can't recall a single time that a micro blasted into a bloc and got peace as soon as they asked for it.

Does this mean any micro can hit NPO and get peace a week later, no repurcussions? If not, what makes this case unique?

I shall answer this

honestly. I have not a

clue why. Do you know?

hahahahahahahahahahaa

okay, hold on got to catch my breath

hahahahahahahahaha

Yes, because many of the members of your bloc have a history of doing just that- or maybe they have the exact opposite history. shit that sucks for you guys.

Then there is NG gov foaming at the mouth like a mad man in this thread- yup that actually did happen for all too see

So yeah, most people don't believe y'all. Period.

Clearly Bones doesn't want peace for minc. If he did, he wouldn't have posted this stupid thread and virtually guaranteed that they don't get it. Even if minc had asked for peace and NPO/Oculus had intended to give it to them before this declaration, it's not really an option anymore. 

If NPO/Oculus gave minc peace now, then Bones (SPTR?) would be able to claim that he was single-handedly able to force NPO/Oculus to grant peace to an aggressor AA. NPO/Oculus would appear, at least to some, as being weak and having caved to the demands of Bones and essentially validated his delusions of grandeur. We all know this isn't going to happen.

So the question remains, is Bones too simple to have realized the inevitable futility of his demand (i.e. this move couldn't possibly achieve the stated goal of peace for minc within three days), or is this really about something else all together? In the former case, I pity you; in the latter case, why not just state the real reason so we can get to it already?

This is the best comment in this discussion and completely highlights why people make fun of NG

If NPO/Oculus gave minc peace now, then Bones (SPTR?) would be able to claim that he was single-handedly able to force NPO/Oculus to grant peace to an aggressor AA. NPO/Oculus would appear, at least to some, as being weak and having caved to the demands of Bones and essentially validated his delusions of grandeur. We all know this isn't going to happen.

Would you like to comment on the peace deal then?

This is the best comment in this discussion and completely highlights why people make fun of NG

If NonGrata X members had remained silent, they would still be philosophers...

I think DT members would have been quite happy to take BONES all the way down every tier, we don't have enough targets up high... kind of bored.

Words, words, words...

This is not NPO anymore.  It is just another alliance.  It does not matter what legacy an alliance has once it is in the hands of poor leadership it does things like start unpopular wars and get scared off by micros.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  And the scent of blood is in the air.

So... how come the New Pacific Order and Monsters Inc are exchanging spy reports still?

To: Lord Hitchcock From: Typhoon Date: 10/22/2015 9:44:41 PM

Subject: FYI
Message: One of your little maggots broke the peace with NPO two hours after i was (timely, mind you, is NPo's military about this) informed we were at peace with you. He started it off with a nuke.

I do sincerely hope you get smashed even more into dust.

(10/22/2015 10:22:24 PM)

To: Typhoon From: Lord Hitchcock Date: 10/22/2015 10:20:59 PM

Subject: RE: FYI

you will probably eat some more nukes, I am sorry for the inconvience.

(10/23/2015 2:16:48 PM)
To: ericsw123 From: Typhoon Date: 10/22/2015 9:37:22 PM
lol

Subject: ...
Message: Your dumbass realizes our alliances disengaged hours ago right?

To: Typhoon From: Lord Hitchcock Date: 10/26/2015 5:33:35 PM

Subject: Why are you still being nuked?

Hahaha!....

^hopefully this sums it up. TL:DR- we could violate them until wars expired. Edited by Lord Hitchcock

No oNE is surprised minc kept attacking after peace was agreed upon. NPO, you need to read up on your enemy if you thought they would just stop attacking upon peace agreement. They NEED to have that last word. It's like a compulsion to them to drop that last one before offering peace.

No oNE is surprised minc kept attacking after peace was agreed upon. NPO, you need to read up on your enemy if you thought they would just stop attacking upon peace agreement. They NEED to have that last word. It's like a compulsion to them to drop that last one before offering peace.

It doesn't even matter that history shows them that every time they try this, they get wrecked.  NpO severed ties, so I don't know who will talk sense to them at this point.

Edited by smurthwaite

Peace was agreed when wars expired.

It's okay xanth, it's not you this time- at least NPO takes it with honor rather than your bipolar up and down roller coaster PMs.

And they didn't call back up or blow their war chest in one round- so they are worlds ahead of you.

Also- don't be upset that stripes doesn't do anything and you feel like you have to drop you useless 2 cents into our activity Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Or like, as usual, you just need to read.

Peace was agreed when wars expired.

It's okay xanth, it's not you this time- at least NPO takes it with honor rather than your bipolar up and down roller coaster PMs.

And they didn't call back up or blow their war chest in one round- so they are worlds ahead of you.

Also- don't be upset that stripes doesn't do anything and you feel like you have to drop you useless 2 cents into our activity

You aren't really in a position to talk.  You cried and your friends cried for weeks because we didn't let you get away with the garbage with which NPO is allowing you to get away.  Your AA bit off more than it could chew.  We, and our friends in Kush, kicked you around until you were a pathetic shell of what you once were.  Then we benevolently granted you peace, after which NpO magnanimously took you under their wing.  They tried to help you (I realize this is an assumption, but my interaction with Polar over the past umpteen years lead me to this conclusion), a move that I would have warned them against, had they cared to ask me.  Then you burned that bridge and attacked NPO, who has granted you a peace you didn't deserve; they are the AA who is both more benevolent and more magnanimous that any others who have interacted with you.  And instead of walking away with class, you pulled the same tasteless trash that got you rolled several months ago.  Shame on you.  Were I in NPO, I would smack you around for as long as I had guys who wanted to do it.  Everything about your "AA" is sad and pathetic.  I don't even dislike you; I simply pity you.

You aren't really in a position to talk.  You cried and your friends cried for weeks because we didn't let you get away with the garbage with which NPO is allowing you to get away.  Your AA bit off more than it could chew.  We, and our friends in Kush, kicked you around until you were a pathetic shell of what you once were.  Then we benevolently granted you peace, after which NpO magnanimously took you under their wing.  They tried to help you (I realize this is an assumption, but my interaction with Polar over the past umpteen years lead me to this conclusion), a move that I would have warned them against, had they cared to ask me.  Then you burned that bridge and attacked NPO, who has granted you a peace you didn't deserve; they are the AA who is both more benevolent and more magnanimous that any others who have interacted with you.  And instead of walking away with class, you pulled the same tasteless trash that got you rolled several months ago.  Shame on you.  Were I in NPO, I would smack you around for as long as I had guys who wanted to do it.  Everything about your "AA" is sad and pathetic.  I don't even dislike you; I simply pity you.

You realize we exited that war to tie with polar, right?

You also realize our entrance in Sra was xanth running his mouth off when he didn't do a damn thing- if anyone is guilty of crying it was xanth crying to doom because we rolled TCA in 1 week (they were literally running back to their AAs until ds showed up)

Our attack on sra was followed by already warring 9 other alliances and you guys still brought kush in.

Now we can argue over this-and-thats and the bottom line is this: crawl back to that hole you call an AA and let M Inc produce the activity around here Edited by Lord Hitchcock