The Phoenix Federation, may you live forever Pacifica.

mhawk

As I've said elsewhere....  It was NPOs prerogative to drop our treaty and they did so.  Which is rather amusing in light of the fact they had no issue treatying alliances we weren't friendly to.  But once the lap dog treaties someone they don't like, look out.  

Where I think TPF takes issue is that after years of blind loyalty...and mere months of cancellation of a treaty...of all the alliances to attack us in this war, Pacifica attacked us?  Pacifica can spin it however they'd like...but the bottom line is if it could happen to their once most loyal ally, who is next?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep saying that, but I don't think you have proof; hell, if hartfw gave you the full logs of our conversation, you wouldn't have any proof.

How are you defining "active NS"?

Politically active alliances.

And @Charles - Rey has the PoW AA because he probably thought at some point it would be fun to have that owner power.

I doubt he is doing it for (at the request of) oculus. Edited by Unknown Smurf

@Charles - Rey has the PoW AA because he probably thought at some point it would be fun to have that owner power.

I doubt he is doing it for (at the request of) oculus.

This is wrong.  Oculus reached out to Rey, and he very nicely agreed to help.

This is wrong.  Oculus reached out to Rey, and he very nicely agreed to help.

And Los Pollos Hermanos thanks you for offering such a solution to the Rey problem. It has allowed us to flush out the waste from our systems.

Edited by MitchellBade

The hashtags have to stop.

You mean the pound signs?

Obligatory hailing of TPF for fighting for your allies.  I've been in your shoes before (I was once in SF), so you have my empathy.  Use this burning to fuel your anger.  Start an underground resistance.  Or something.  I don't really know where I was going with that.  Oh look, I see MI6 over there carrying their bag of ....

Well I think the point is this time last year TPF also had a treaty with NPO. So the point they are trying to make is that if ODN/GATO sign treaty NPO doesn't like post war, who is to say this doesn't happen to them.

That's their point anyway, I know for a fact that there was more to the TPF cancellation than Mi6, signing Mi6 was the catalyst of the cancellation, but it was either that or some other thing since relations had soured to the point where a cancellation was essentially imminent.

I still don't agree with preempting TPF, but saying all of NPO's non-occulus allies are in the crosshairs is baseless propaganda.

For every cancellation there is a reason. I see no reason on why NPO would cancel them. Which means, no future war against each other. That's the point I'm trying to make. 

For every cancellation there is a reason. I see no reason on why NPO would cancel them. Which means, no future war against each other. That's the point I'm trying to make. 

Read this, and then go back a year ago and replace ODN/GATO with TPF and realize it's the same exact scenario.

WOOHOO! I HAVE A WAR! 

Thank you Ditchboy! 

I will not be cold this winter! Let it glow!

I fixed the problem for him. I just hope he will shut up for once. (Not likely)

Nah, yer awesome man. You have purchased my silence with casualties. As for the rest of the garbage posted after,having a war has also purchased me ignoring the post commentary.

BTW, since I'm not getting to nuke you back, this one won't be one of my typical prettier performances, but I really.. really don't care :P

That's it, I'm done here.. you have your reward. See you on the battlefield! Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

WOOHOO! I HAVE A WAR!  Thank you Ditchboy!  I will not be cold this winter! Let it glow! Nah, yer awesome man. You have purchased my silence with casualties. As for the rest of the garbage posted after,having a war has also purchased me ignoring the post commentary.BTW, since I'm not getting to nuke you back, this one won't be one of my typical prettier performances, but I really.. really don't care :PThat's it, I'm done here.. you have your reward. See you on the battlefield!

You have a whopping 4 million casuslties...

There are 2 members in m inc that have you beat by 10 million casualties.

Read this, and then go back a year ago and replace ODN/GATO with TPF and realize it's the same exact scenario.

If you look at the TPF-NPO relationship in 2014, it was extremely rocky. On the one hand you had NPO choosing an FA direction that led to Umbrella and who was also allied to NG, on the other you had TPF engaging in a flame war with NSO so intense it almost caused the collapse of the defending coalition during the disorder war and almost caused a war between two of our allies afterwards.

If TPF and NPO didn't have their level of history, this treaty probably wouldn't have existed a year back.

If you people believe two alliances that were allied for years end up on separate sides of the deal by the actions of solely one of them, you people are trying to stretch reality to much to accommodate a dumb incomplete argument just for the sake of doing it. Is quite childish and even a little sad, but if that's all there is to it, I guess you people are free to do so...

Now well, I do must say that I was saddened when the treaty was canceled and I'm also saddened to see TPF and NPO now in a war... The fact that someone is a war target does not means it is my enemy... Good luck, TPF. Godspeed!

I'll even go as far as to say this is mainly a Curb Stomp because those getting hit are giving up pre-emptively. Telling allies they don't need to come in, then they hope if they curl up in a ball and take a beating for a while it will end.

However if TIO came in for M16, then that would give GATO incentive to get involved. ODN does for STA already. CnG can't stand up and fight anymore? Best to set the world ablaze for these global wars & try to expand. Give people a good show at least and prove yourselves to be an interesting alliance of principles. Oculus gave the other side a big favor with this second decree, rather than us waiting a very long time to see if anyone allied with M16 decide to defend them.

Edited by Methrage

I'll even go as far as to say this is mainly a Curb Stomp because those getting hit are giving up pre-emptively. Telling allies they don't need to come in, then they hope if they curl up in a ball and take a beating for a while it will end.

However if TIO came in for M16, then that would give GATO incentive to get involved. ODN does for STA already. CnG can't stand up and fight anymore? Best to set the world ablaze for these global wars & try to expand. Give people a good show at least and prove yourselves to be an interesting alliance of principles. Oculus gave the other side a big favor with this second decree, rather than us waiting a very long time to see if anyone allied with M16 decide to defend them.

Heard it here first folks LPCRAZYGANG are going to declare on the ebil Oculus in defence of I don't even know at this point but yeah.

O/ limitlessdumbness

Heard it here first folks LPCRAZYGANG are going to declare on the ebil Oculus in defence of I don't even know at this point but yeah.

O/ limitlessdumbness

lol, political expediency. I don't think I've seen CnG activate any treaties with the perceived losing side in a war while Atlas has been in it. So its not surprising that culture is largely dead within CnG. Sometimes its worth fighting on the losing side and sometimes they are among the most fun ones.

Edited by Methrage

If you think MI6 is giving up, then you are truly more delusional than I ever thought was possible. MI6 does not curl up in some ball and take a beating... If that was true, our damage ratio would be far worse than what it is. Given enough time, we may very well see MI6 with a positive damage ratio.

This is what I've been trying to say. Each alliance has tough choices. Don't make the tough choices for them, MI6, TPF, and STA. Don't tell your allies in advance that you won't call them in. You didn't get them into this mess of conflicting treaties, their buddies in Oculus did when they jumped into a CB-Less purely aggressive war. The defense clauses SHOULD be firing off like a machine gun.