Late DoW (on purpose)

I don't feel like quoting all the relevant posts but my thoughts:

Being in NSO for part of the fight against meth-heads and the entirety of the war with Kaskus: determined micros can be a serious pain. The methheads were less-so because Kashmir and others took most of their war slots, but Kaskus was the most annoying thing ever for a long time.

If nothing else, you can and probably are causing strife by being active on the OWF and IRC while also fighting noobs. I'm not saying you'll ever cause enough damage or emotional scarring to "win" or even achieve white peace. You may even end up on a PZI list or two. But you will cause headaches for people and I'm sure that you didn't have that much of a larger goal here to begin with.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being in NSO for part of the fight against meth-heads and the entirety of the war with Kaskus: determined micros can be a serious pain. The methheads were less-so because Kashmir and others took most of their war slots, but Kaskus was the most annoying thing ever for a long time.

If nothing else, you can and probably are causing strife by being active on the OWF and IRC while also fighting noobs. I'm not saying you'll ever cause enough damage or emotional scarring to "win" or even achieve white peace. You may even end up on a PZI list or two. But you will cause headaches for people and I'm sure that you didn't have that much of a larger goal here to begin with.

And to think you have actually spent time in the NPO, more than once, and think this is applicable to us. :psyduck:

And to think you have actually spent time in the NPO, more than once, and think this is applicable to us. :psyduck:

I feel like giving noob nations a headache while causing OWF drama isn't outside the realm of applicability to any alliance...

Edited by Master Holton

This is a bold move and I like it. It shows that SPATR Leadership was not mistaken when unanimously approving the PIAT with Monsters Inc.

Good luck Monsters! And happy hunting!

By the way...

I fully support this. Alliances like Valhalla, OBR, TOP, Polar, GATO, DBDC etc should heed this example. It is just a matter of time before you're next and you are better off with friends enemies of your enemies than without.

That said, you will not be alone. Best of luck.

OBR? GATO? Valhalla? You are joking, right?

And DBDC is cooperating closely with DT and NG, who are both members of Oculus. Where will this lead remains yet to be seen...

Where will this lead remains yet to be seen...

This is a great comment Murtibing and it's something I am going to address from my point of view:

While where Oculus goes from here may be a mystery, I can tell you that it is no where good. Let's look at two scenarios:

The first one is that they continue to announce 'decrees', dog piling Alliances like STA, ODN, even DK or Polar- with the fire power they have, they could do it. Perhaps even this being our 'world war' for months to come. This could also be why Sparta chose to align with VE and DK chose to get close to DT... Mainly to not be an Oculus target. I don't know. This scenario is rather unlikely and based off the second decree- it is still very possible. AAs like NPO and Umbrella have played the 'right politics' for so long in a stagnet planet and it really does take radical politics to stir the pot these days. Basically it took a smashed MI6 skull and a burned history of loyalty on TPF to even generate a fraction of pages of comments from other active leaders.

The second way it could go is that this is just for MI6 and TPF for being aligned to MI6. And once it's wrapped up the treaty web goes back to buisness as usual and the typical world war kicks off- however, even this is very dangerous as it is a bloc that is here to stay and basically turns the NPO/Umbrella sphere into a 'world police'... Where if an oculus alliance doesn't 'get their way' then the group is back together for another cowardly dog pile. And sometimes Oculus is 'just bored'

Regardless, if your not in Oculus, you run the risk of being a target. And this is a very good lesson most alliances should have learned from neutrals once-upon-a-time.

While other alliances are watching the unfolding of a plugged MI6 and honorable announcements of swinging out for honor by TPF- it is a symptom that will repeat itself over-and-over... One after the other until it's their turn. Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Nice of you to remove the "stop stalking me" part when you realized that you were the one querying me -- with no reply -- for weeks on end and I had only responded to your public post.

I removed it for the sake of staying on topic. And yes, you are creepy

What are you talking about? I'm having fun being stuck in a stalemate with him!

Edited by Kurwa

Were you around at all for Vox Populi?

So you are saying Monsters Inc is just like Vox Populi? O_o

And if you were, you would probably know the answer to that question.

Edited by Xantha

Umm?

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=793422

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=792743

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=792864

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=792779

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=792583

Note that these were offensive wars declared by NPO nations in defence of Umbrella. So yeah, looks pretty applicable. Of course, you will respond that the damage can be fixed all too easily via aid and I totally agree. Please do send aid to these nations. I am sure the aid will be most appreciated.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Boo_48040a_792547.jpg

After the second decree of Oculus, it became apparent that in the back of many people's minds, if you are not in Oculus, you run the risk of being a 3rd, 4th, or even 5th decree.

And Monsters Inc is very small and we would not have been on that radar, however, we live on the same planet and it is not a world we want to live in.

So we were left with two options; complain about it or do something about it.

In the grand scale our war efforts are practically irrelevant... the key word there being 'practically', we will do what we can.

M Inc declares on Oculus, specifically targeting the head AA, NPO. The late DOW was to prevent tech supplies from entering PM.

o/ war

So Monsters Inc. declares war on Oculus then tells NPO they would have to call in their friends if they want help? How does that make any sense? You declared war on the entire bloc so if the rest of the bloc decides they want to fight you for the heck of it they can since you declared war on them and the bloc simply has to recognize your declaration.

just putting it out there, pretty sure this is another TCA puppet DoW... if I remember correctly the last two wars MInc was in, was a clever ruse by TCA... so this one must be too. 

on that note, have fun i guess?

I'm assuming this is a joke because Minc has no ties to TCA.

Though... cool story bro :awesome:

I'm assuming this is a joke because Minc has no ties to TCA.

Though... cool story bro :awesome:

yes, a joke. Back in the whole Dream kerfuffle, meth/sigrun for a while were tin foil hatting with this theory that TCA was strategically alliance hopping and such to instigate wars, keeping them and MInc (or maybe just MInc), in a state of perpetual war... I can't really remember the whole thing... but you know, meth's like that homeless guy on the street who shouts nonsense and profanities at random passers by you try to ignore and occasionally toss a loonie or toonie to.