• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have a moustache yet... I shaved it off. I could always grow it again if you like?

Franzi, you're man enough for me either way. The question is whether you are dastardly, devious, and evil enough to entertain. Or anyone is. I'm not sure. Standards are generally lax these days.

Back in my day, such an egregious pre-empt would have garnered at least 40 pages by now, not this measly 8 :(

We need some sort of shyamalan twist to kick this up a notch. Maybe Mi6 was in Occulus all along and this is really a plot to take down ODN.

Usually, at least half of those pages were some inane argument between 2-3 people, rather than anything worth reading. Also, given how frequently our alliance is mentioned in this thread, perhaps it really is all a conspiracy and a scheme against us!

I lived to see the day when TPF gets rolled by NPO.

That sums up my thoughts as well given their mutual history. Then again, I haven't paid attention to their relationship in the past few years. Although, I'm sure their treaty with MI6 and the talks of MI6 being rolled for most of 2015 certainly helped matters!

Edited by Chaoshawk

Late to the party.

First to say, THANK Admin finally some drama, controversy, emotions, events, actions, life on the OWF. This place looked completely dead and it wasn't good.

Now in regards to the events themselves. Obviously most of us OWF active are grizzled veterans, know the song and dance. People will be forcing their agendas, posting likewise. And guess what-- me too :D

But for some genuinely confused about the NPO-TPF relationship and what happened. Well, in effect and I believe TPF members would agree-- we politically diverged in vision, path and style to the point we became incompatible. Even from this thread we can glean that it was something going on for years. Since the NG treaty. The path NPO went on, TPF didn't fallowed, or vice versa the path TPF set for it self NPO didn't shared. I respect all the effort that people put on both sides to make that treaty last as long as it did, but actually both sides were best served if it was canceled long before it was.

Now, NPO is a part of the block that hit TPF as a part of a war on MI6. TPF understandably upset, many within NPO also sad at that turn of events. Everybody is free to form their opinion on the matter. I wont argue whatever position you have taken. Personally I am sad at the turn of events, but NPO has its obligations now and as said we and TPF do not jive anymore politically. It is what it is you take what you want from it. Certainly NPO is a sitting duck for propaganda attacks now from various sources.

And on that matter, shout out to the sole TOP poster up in here, glad there is some life in TOP left. :D See, this is what we need more, controversy. Brings life back even from lifeless wastelands.

I am confused as to why this war on TPF is a "part of the war on MI6". If I recall correctly, it was publically mentioned on various occasions, that MI6 would not be activating its treaties. This means that for all accounts and purposes, TPF was of no concern or threat to you. Yet you still decided to 'pre-empt' them, seemingly for the heck of it. And now your body republic is 'sad at the turn of events'? That seems peculiar to me. What obligations does NPO have? The obligation to burn former allies who burned half a dozen times for them without cause or reason?

This has nothing to do with propaganda, and everything to do with conduct that reminds an oldtimer of the pre-karma NPO once more rearing its head. History repeats itself and you are right on the path to being cast back down to the void of destruction and isolation. When this happens, expect no mercy.

Definitely not the NPO that I remember. Oh well, times change I suppose.

Times do change.  TPF and NPO at one time were great freinds and even today alot of us members hold them in high regard for the time they spent defending us. That is not a question of debate at any point.  History has dictated that relationships do sour over time and both NPO and TPF decided to take different directions. NPO choose thiers and TPF went a different path with both knowing that at some point this day would come. Sitting here listening to the old well you should not fight us cause we .... is kinda retoric at this time.  It is what it is unfortunetly and we both took the path we stand today.

I am confused as to why this war on TPF is a "part of the war on MI6". If I recall correctly, it was publically mentioned on various occasions, that MI6 would not be activating its treaties. This means that for all accounts and purposes, TPF was of no concern or threat to you. Yet you still decided to 'pre-empt' them, seemingly for the heck of it. And now your body republic is 'sad at the turn of events'? That seems peculiar to me. What obligations does NPO have? The obligation to burn former allies who burned half a dozen times for them without cause or reason?

This has nothing to do with propaganda, and everything to do with conduct that reminds an oldtimer of the pre-karma NPO once more rearing its head. History repeats itself and you are right on the path to being cast back down to the void of destruction and isolation. When this happens, expect no mercy.

This is the first time I've heard anything about MI6 not activating its treaties, tbh.

I know you are upset, you need to vent, put words together, etc.

But guy, did you really just thought of scaring me with such threats?

You do know I, and NPO, have been there done that? Have the t-shirt. We will do it all over again if it comes to this. Such words do not move me.

Don't worry about it.

This is the first time I've heard anything about MI6 not activating its treaties, tbh.

Pay more attention then... you know less to your buddies... who've gotten themselves a nice rep as liars... the opposite of what you've been doing mostly

Ive said it and I'll say it again. Karma should have finished the job and turned NPO into fucking glass.

Times do change.  TPF and NPO at one time were great freinds and even today alot of us members hold them in high regard for the time they spent defending us. That is not a question of debate at any point.  History has dictated that relationships do sour over time and both NPO and TPF decided to take different directions. NPO choose thiers and TPF went a different path with both knowing that at some point this day would come. Sitting here listening to the old well you should not fight us cause we .... is kinda retoric at this time.  It is what it is unfortunetly and we both took the path we stand today.

Yeah, you went down different paths. I have read that a few times now. That still does not explain why this was OK. At all. You've pre-emptively attacked someone who you would have just rolled anyway should they decide to defend us. I'm going to preface my next statement by saying that I don't care about the sheer amount of NS attacking us right now so that the peanut gallery understands ... but ... with such an overwhelming advantage, pre-empting an ally isn't even remotely strategic and you know it.

That's your decision though. It's just not something that the NPO that I used to know would have done. It's just not how they "played the game" and a great deal of respect has been lost on my end (not that you should care).

Edited by Van Hoo III

I know you are upset, you need to vent, put words together, etc.

But guy, did you really just thought of scaring me with such threats?

You do know I, and NPO, have been there done that? Have the t-shirt. We will do it all over again if it comes to this. Such words do not move me.

Don't worry about it.

OH everyone knows you've burned allies who have defended you countless times and stuck with you for FAAAAR longer than they should have... the only reason you still have allies is because they're scared of what you're doing to TPF right now... big bad hunks of shits like you don't have friends... only a few scared puppies you sold your "protection" to.

Pay more attention then... you know less to your buddies... who've gotten themselves a nice rep as liars... the opposite of what you've been doing mostly

Well, he said "publically mentioned on various occasions" - Any chance anyone can link a prior example? Edited by Auctor

Yeah, you went down different paths. I have read that a few times now. That still does not explain why this was OK. At all. You've pre-emptively attacked someone who you would have just rolled anyway should they decide to defend us. I'm going to preface my next statement by saying that I don't care about the sheer amount of NS attacking us right now so that the peanut gallery understands ... but ... with such an overwhelming advantage, pre-empting an ally isn't even remotely strategic and you know it.

That's your decision though. It's just not something that the NPO that I used to know would have done. It's just not how they "played the game" and a great deal of respect has been lost on my end (not that you should care).

Sure we do care. We also look at our history and if i recall we were preempted twice.  DH and the next war if i recall.  And at that time no one gave a craps as(s) if it was right or wrong cept for our allies at the time which i understand you guys are saying now. Yes agian times of changed and as well the one thing people seem to forget this is not only a NPO thing but it is Oculus. Of which there are many not just one.  We are standing with our committment to Oculus so in just picking out just NPO at this point is not the right propaganda for you all.  Sure we are NPO and we always take the blame most of the time and we are used to it.  In this case however singleing out NPO is also singleing out the whole of Oculus

Edited by brucemania

Sure we do care. We also look at our history and if i recall we were preempted twice.  DH and the next war if i recall.  And at that time no one gave a craps as(s) if it was right or wrong cept for our allies at the time which i understand you guys are saying now. Yes agian times of changed and as well the one thing people seem to forget this is not only a NPO thing but it is Oculus. Of which there are many not just one.  We are standing with our committment to Oculus so in just picking out just NPO at this point is not the right propaganda for you all.  Sure we are NPO and we always take the blame most of the time and we are used to it.  In this case however singleing out NPO is also singleing out the whole of Oculus

I don't think anyone gives a shit that TPF was pre-empted. If that is what you are taking away, then so be it, but it is not what people are actually throwing a fit about. 

1st they came for MI6...It didn't concern me because we are not allied...next they came for TPF...It did not concern me because I was not allied or a fan of theirs...who is next!?! I detest war and am well known peace advocate so I hope they aren't coming after one of our allies next...Please don't throw us in no brier patch! :frantic: Think of the children! Give peace a chance! :psyduck: 

You had a say in it IM SURRRE you have enough weight to get people to not do stupid things... or has NPO basically become the Puppet?

either option is kind of Pathetic.

Here here. I find my treatment of TPF to be unconscionable and demand MI6 treat me as they will forthwith. They are the World Bob Police and should censure my conduct as part of Oculus in an appropriate manner. Who knows, maybe TPF said something nice about me once. Or maybe they thought about saying it. Someone was bound to.

You had a say in it IM SURRRE you have enough weight to get people to not do stupid things... or has NPO basically become the Puppet?

either option is kind of Pathetic.

Yes we are a collective and stand by each other today. No one is a puppet but a group of People with common goals.

1st they came for MI6...It didn't concern me because we are not allied...next they came for TPF...It did not concern me because I was not allied or a fan of theirs...who is next!?! I detest war and am well known peace advocate so I hope they aren't coming after one of our allies next...Please don't throw us in no brier patch! :frantic: Think of the children! Give peace a chance! :psyduck:

Hopefully Cuba's tsar bombas are enough of a deterrent :awesome:

I meant that you should not care about my loss of respect for you. I am but one man and not even a relevant one any longer.

Yes, you were pre-empted, and I am sure some "gave a crap" even if they didn't verbalize it. The NPO, however, has usually been above such acts which is why they had gained the respect of some of us "old school" rulers. To see you degenerate to this level is sad, in my opinion.

Also, yes, you are a bloc and this is not the act of one alliance. The bar is lower for your bloc-mates though. This sort of thing (and worse) is expected from them. I just never thought I'd see the day that the NPO jumped into the mud.

When I returned to being an active alliance member eight months ago, I was told that you guys were not the same and prone to more underhanded decisions than before, but I didn't believe it. Like I said though, times have changed and this is not the NPO that I once knew. Carry on.

Here here. I find my treatment of TPF to be unconscionable and demand MI6 treat me as they will forthwith. They are the World Bob Police and should censure my conduct as part of Oculus in an appropriate manner. Who knows, maybe TPF said something nice about me once. Or maybe they thought about saying it. Someone was bound to.

Don't worry. This sort of thing was definitely expected from you.