• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd need to grow a set in order to actually hit a genuine threat, at least you'll have more targets when you preempt STA?

Could that be the rumored third decree? What will ODN do? Will they go all in for STA or Option their way out of this war? Maybe ODN will be preempted instead.

Edited by Methrage

Gee, if I just wandered in here completely unaware of politics, I would have assumed that TPF still actually had a treaty with NPO from the way you are all reacting.  It's like you've never seen two alliances that used to be allied together, fight.

edit: spelling

There really is a way to act when it comes to an AA thats burned and bled for you before... like you know, being classless douchebags isn't that way...

Could that be the rumored third decree? What will ODN do? Will they go all in for STA or Option their way out of this war? Maybe ODN will be preempted instead.

If ODN got preempted, this would be the most enjoyable conflict I've participated in.

Caustic told us it was coming half a year ago. Everyone knew MI6 was going to be next. TPF made a choice to ally them and everyone knew this was going to happen. We've all been on the wrong side of a stomp plenty of times know what will happen next. 

As far as NPO hitting TPF. TPF cancelled on NPO because they thought they were not worth defending. NPO actions some what proved TPF right. 

Wait, what? TPF cancelled on NPO for MI6? I'll have to search the forums, but if this is true, why are we even talking about this any more? TPF made their choice.

Why is ODN getting blamed for anything here? You'd think we'd have to first request assistance from them to get involved right? There are plenty of !@#$ alliances in Oculus to throw mud at if you need to be throwing mud. 

Wait, what? TPF cancelled on NPO for MI6? I'll have to search the forums, but if this is true, why are we even talking about this any more? TPF made their choice.

Where did it say that? 

Edited by ditchboy00

I understand that retirement has its benefits in that you don't have to deal with the hubbub and the tedium of the game, but your alliance essentially said "sorry NG says we can't be pals, wow bummer :(" to MI6. Your faux outrage is impressive to no one. NSO chose its side long before the first shot was fired, do not attempt to play the moral high ground here. You're in the dirt with with rest of us and don't forget it. 

edit: also I'm looking forward to scrapping with TPF, best of luck. 

Yeah there's a vast difference between us not directly fucking over our allies FA and NPO hitting an alliance that has burned for them a half dozen times just because. TPF obviously knew they were getting rolled and I frankly don't give a fuck if they do, there's not a lot of love lost between NSO and TPF. But given the 100+ million NS in Oculus and the many millions more on the sidelines, it's hilarious that NPO couldn't at least have the decency to hold off on hitting TPF themselves and let others do it. I don't know if it was an intentional choice by NPO, or just a misunderstanding of what it would look like, but either way it's entertaining. 

Why is ODN getting blamed for anything here? You'd think we'd have to first request assistance from them to get involved right? There are plenty of !@#$ alliances in Oculus to throw mud at if you need to be throwing mud. 

Where did it say that? 

I bolded it for you. If TPF canceled on NPO, that's a far different story than all of the MI6ers and their diaspora are spinning. I'll have to fact-check in case you mis-spoke.

Interesting target selection, strange that the old guard at NPO would agree to take part on the ground against TPF. Regardless of lack of treaty or communication, you would think there would be some mutual respect of those that stood by you when few would.

------------

We going to see a 3rd and 4th preemptive?

Interesting target selection, strange that the old guard at NPO would agree to take part on the ground against TPF. Regardless of lack of treaty or communication, you would think there would be some mutual respect of those that stood by you when few would.

------------

We going to see a 3rd and 4th preemptive?

It's NPO mate. What government says is the free will and opinion of the Body Republic.  

Goverment running at 105% approval rate. 

Edited by alyster

This is likely the move that will be the beginning of the end for Oculus. Seriously, whoever the Einsteins were that though this up, are complete amateurs who have suddenly found themselves in a position of relevance. Cannot believe NPO gov actually allowed this. It is probably a really good thing I am not in gov. My advice to the rest of ODN, if I run for office, it would be in  your best interest not to vote for me.

Dear God, Rush and I agree on something.  It really is the end.

One of those two is more than likely than the other, since one of those two has happened several times already.

And the other is not likely since NpO has promised to defend STA from any attackers so they'd have to declare on themselves and it'd just be a huge clusterfuck. As most wars involving Polaris are.

Late to the party.

First to say, THANK Admin finally some drama, controversy, emotions, events, actions, life on the OWF. This place looked completely dead and it wasn't good.

Now in regards to the events themselves. Obviously most of us OWF active are grizzled veterans, know the song and dance. People will be forcing their agendas, posting likewise. And guess what-- me too :D

But for some genuinely confused about the NPO-TPF relationship and what happened. Well, in effect and I believe TPF members would agree-- we politically diverged in vision, path and style to the point we became incompatible. Even from this thread we can glean that it was something going on for years. Since the NG treaty. The path NPO went on, TPF didn't fallowed, or vice versa the path TPF set for it self NPO didn't shared. I respect all the effort that people put on both sides to make that treaty last as long as it did, but actually both sides were best served if it was canceled long before it was.

Now, NPO is a part of the block that hit TPF as a part of a war on MI6. TPF understandably upset, many within NPO also sad at that turn of events. Everybody is free to form their opinion on the matter. I wont argue whatever position you have taken. Personally I am sad at the turn of events, but NPO has its obligations now and as said we and TPF do not jive anymore politically. It is what it is you take what you want from it. Certainly NPO is a sitting duck for propaganda attacks now from various sources.

And on that matter, shout out to the sole TOP poster up in here, glad there is some life in TOP left. :D See, this is what we need more, controversy. Brings life back even from lifeless wastelands.

No, it was the other way around. We got a mail in our forums about the cancellation. NPO did not announce it on the OWF. Though some of the TPF members, including me, suspected that NPO was going to do something after we refused to join them in a war that involved NPO and DoomHouse, after they had already allied with Umbrella.

There were also frequent cases of Umbrella spying on us before and after the treaty cancellation. NPO told us to ignore it. Funny, they kicked off the Karma War by being aggressive over suspicions of spying.

Edited by HHAYD

Late to the party.

First to say, THANK Admin finally some drama, controversy, emotions, events, actions, life on the OWF. This place looked completely dead and it wasn't good.

Now in regards to the events themselves. Obviously most of us OWF active are grizzled veterans, know the song and dance. People will be forcing their agendas, posting likewise. And guess what-- me too :D

But for some genuinely confused about the NPO-TPF relationship and what happened. Well, in effect and I believe TPF members would agree-- we politically diverged in vision, path and style to the point we became incompatible.

I'd like to thank the Academy and admin for this deliverance from peacetime. Praise be his name.

As to your last point, basically what you're saying is that TPF didn't want to be a part of the NPO-Oculus sphere so you cut them off and declared war on them. Nice.

As to your last point, basically what you're saying is that TPF didn't want to be a part of the NPO-Oculus sphere so you cut them off and declared war on them. Nice.

Hey man, as said, you are free to spin that however it best suits your agenda. It's not like I can stop you.

I know how it is to get rolled all too well. You gotta do what you gotta do. I am just glad something is happening and shaking. It is key to keep people invested.