Tears of War

General Kanabis

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if not the Pink Doom Faction, it seems someone is leaving them out to dry. Much of Doom doesn't do treaties.

I think I can speak on behalf of Doom on this matter since I made first contact in Doom with COBRA.

A COBRA nation raided SNX a while back and I retaliated briefly before granting peace and opening communications. SNX gave Inquisitor Severus foreign officer status so he could participate in our programs and take back anything they liked about our govt system.

At the time SNX was not in a position to offer protectorates so we referred them to DK/DBDC as well as offering access to our Interstellar Program. COBRA began selling to DBDC and DBDC tends to protect their tech sellers informally. So Doomsphere provided much economic and nation-building assistance, but COBRA turned down formal incorporation into Doom Sphere.

Over time COBRA was not selling much of its tech to Doom Sphere nor SNX, and combined with the leadership that replaced Inquisitor we felt that COBRA was becoming a liability. I notified COBRA that any existing Doom protection was nearing its end and encouraged a merger, but COBRA decided it would rather take an independent FA path, which is something I respect.

COBRA has always dedicated itself to its fiercely independent philosophy, which while being worthy of admiration is difficult to fit into larger strategic goals. I do think that this conflict will make COBRA stronger down the road, but before becoming a real partner with Doomsphere or any other power it will need to demonstrate a few political changes.

Edited by Immortan Junka

Well they don't seem to give two $%&@s that COBRA is being rolled.... Just an observation. 

Your right, DK doesn't give two shits about COBRA, because we don't protect them. We had 1 person (to my knowledge) in COBRA in our aid program and we got him out of his wars. So a single fuck was given.

So maybe you should get your facts straight before you open your mouth and start spewing shit. You want to talk about treaties and allies, okay...So what ally in Oculus will IRON sell out first? Will it be NG again??? Oh yeah, i find it funny that Oculus need a supremacy clause just to make sure IRON will actually defend them. Then again Oculus is highly favored in the next war so it shouldn't be a problem for you this time around.

Before you head back to the rumor mill to spin more shit, this my opinion, and doesn't reflect the views of DK's .gov

What ally they drop outside will probably be sooner & more interesting. What's fun with a supremacy clause is now all other ties can be cancelled out.

While joining a behemoth like IRON is easy, influencing its direction or actions are much harder.

(IRON) influencing its direction or actions are much harder.

Seemed pretty easy before and during the disorder war. Well maybe not during, i did try to convince them to defend NG, but we all know how that ended. Edited by rileyaddaff

Thank you Methrage. I'll admit trying to change COBRAs leadership that soon was a mistake. But what can I say? Everybody needs a little time away. But as Junka mentioned the Doom-COBRA deal was made after the brief war with SNX. As a result, the members felt as if we had negotiated at gun point, the whole thing felt rather forced. And when we were implemented in the Doomerce system, less then half of COBRAs members were able to take part in it. Leaving the rest unable to deal, and unable to grow. Dissatisfaction only grew with the slowness and one sidedness of the system. So after I step down as the Mandarin, the deal was mostly abandoned and quite frankly, we prospered.

This whole Goon situation started because one of the Goons apparently knew one of COBRAs members in RL. Peace was negotiated once but due to some apparent smack talk ( which I was unaware of) the Goons returned.

But in short, Doom no longer has a commitment to COBRA and vice versa. Doom does not need to help, we have sought help elsewhere.

Your right, DK doesn't give two !@#$% about COBRA, because we don't protect them. We had 1 person (to my knowledge) in COBRA in our aid program and we got him out of his wars. So a single $%&@ was given.

So maybe you should get your facts straight before you open your mouth and start spewing !@#$. You want to talk about treaties and allies, okay...So what ally in Oculus will IRON sell out first? Will it be NG again??? Oh yeah, i find it funny that Oculus need a supremacy clause just to make sure IRON will actually defend them. Then again Oculus is highly favored in the next war so it shouldn't be a problem for you this time around.

Before you head back to the rumor mill to spin more !@#$, this my opinion, and doesn't reflect the views of DK's .gov

Maybe you need to shut your mouth before you talk. I didn't mention any treaties. I said you didn't give a fuck because I knew you didn't protect them. I'm not as stupid as you consistently like to sound.

Whatever problem you have with me, stuff it. I'm not interested in listening to your mental breakdowns, capisce? 

Maybe you need to shut your mouth before you talk. I didn't mention any treaties. I said you didn't give a $%&@ because I knew you didn't protect them. I'm not as stupid as you consistently like to sound.
Whatever problem you have with me, stuff it. I'm not interested in listening to your mental breakdowns, capisce? 

You Foxy thing :)

Methrage is incorrect, as always. If you try actual, sound reasoning with GOONS, the most they'll want is your money or a funny MSPaint picture.

I have a feeling you didn't try to negotiate in a very good tone.

Methrage is incorrect, as always. If you try actual, sound reasoning with GOONS, the most they'll want is your money or a funny MSPaint picture.

When the Goons came back I negotiated in a very reasonable tone. I left the door open to offer money, tech deals, military assistance ect. They said they just wanted to wreck the alliance.

Maybe you need to shut your mouth before you talk. I didn't mention any treaties. I said you didn't give a $%&@ because I knew you didn't protect them. I'm not as stupid as you consistently like to sound.

What you knew and said are completely different. Allow me to demonstrate 

uLOQEp.jpg

With COBRA joining the LPC, together we will be forming an Anti-GOONS Coalition to combat this rogue threat to undeserving micros. Those who wish to join this noble cause can contact me.

Sweet, Methrage is attacking GOONS again. This time, starting with a much lower NS! Surely that means he'll be successful on his nth try. Edited by Neo Uruk

1) I edited my post, as GOONS are sadly no longer a formal alliance.
2) Retroactively applying defensive treaties is hilarious, sad, and yes, it would be roguing.

COBRA isn't the only ally they've went rogue on, so retroactively applying defensive treaties is unnecessary.

Why would you want to surrender to an alliance that doesn't exist?