Deadweight

Unknown Smurf

These alliances that sit behind their allies and ride their coattails into 'power' are the worst type of alliances. Seriously; every real alliance has a couple of these allies that you've just been allied to forever and they fucking suck. And I know you know they suck. But you want to keep them because they make you a bit more relevant. 

All they do is talk a big game and either let the threat of you bail them out or they do something seriously bad and you have to actually do some diplomacy to either bail 'em out or make sure y'all get on the winning side of that war. Isn't that boring?

It makes more sense rolling them than the usual suspects (I mean polar&co and whoever has been rolled over and over, not the bloc -- mostly because I dont even know if that bloc exists anymore). 

Someone explain to me why you keep them. 

This topic inspired by recent posts by Nordreich and Sengoku. 

These alliances that sit behind their allies and ride their coattails into 'power' are the worst type of alliances. Seriously; every real alliance has a couple of these allies that you've just been allied to forever and they !@#$@#$ suck. And I know you know they suck. But you want to keep them because they make you a bit more relevant. 

All they do is talk a big game and either let the threat of you bail them out or they do something seriously bad and you have to actually do some diplomacy to either bail 'em out or make sure y'all get on the winning side of that war. Isn't that boring?

It makes more sense rolling them than the usual suspects (I mean polar&co and whoever has been rolled over and over, not the bloc -- mostly because I dont even know if that bloc exists anymore). 

Someone explain to me why you keep them. 

This topic inspired by recent posts by Nordreich and Sengoku. 

Nice try.

See, I'm not even sure I agree with this.  I've always thought Sengoku was a pretty high-quality, decent alliance until the past 48 hours or so.  The inactive husks that comprise 95% of alliances are the dead weight.

You've found out, for it is I who am the inactive husk. I am the dead weight of which you speak. But despite all your effort, you are simply not strong enough to push me off. Nor shall I move of my own accord. I shall bury you in my useless girth. I am this world's bane, and I do it through not giving a lick.

So I suggest you do something about it, because I sure won't.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

You've found out, for it is I who am the inactive husk. I am the dead weight of which you speak. But despite all your effort, you are simply not strong enough to push me off. Nor shall I move of my own accord. I shall bury you in my useless girth. I am this world's bane, and I do it through giving a lick.

I wish we had a like this post function. 

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Sengoku actually go out of their way to accomplish things. Nordreich is a pretty good example, though.

As to why they're kept on, well you already answered that. If they're not playing for one team's benefit, they'll go to the other.

You've found out, for it is I who am the inactive husk. I am the dead weight of which you speak. But despite all your effort, you are simply not strong enough to push me off. Nor shall I move of my own accord. I shall bury you in my useless girth. I am this world's bane, and I do it through giving a lick.

I think I used to dislike you, but your complete apathy and inactivity is swiftly changing my mind.

See, I'm not even sure I agree with this.  I've always thought Sengoku was a pretty high-quality, decent alliance until the past 48 hours or so.  The inactive husks that comprise 95% of alliances are the dead weight.

I still don't dislike Sengoku. I look at this whole business in absolute frustration.

ITT, I find out that Smurf has a binary view of the world. Power is not all-or-nothing. Even the weakest ruler can contribute to his AA and his treaty ties. His inactivity shouldn't be celebrated, but its benefit is not zero or negative. You've got a very limited definition of utility, Smurf. Historical relationships and loyalty matter.

It doesn't make any sense to inflict harm upon your alliance's image at home and abroad by rolling your own allies, even if they do fucking suck.

Well, actually, it would make sense if TPF rolled MI6. THAT would be a brilliant political move, no joke. Must be the exception that proves the rule.

It doesn't make any sense to inflict harm upon your alliance's image at home and abroad by rolling your own allies, even if they do !@#$@#$ suck.

Well, actually, it would make sense if TPF rolled MI6. THAT would be a brilliant political move, no joke. Must be the exception that proves the rule.

Which is why DBDC is stuck currently, since all of their allies are also allied, there's realistically less than a dozen nations in the top 250 not in DBDC allies(or one chain away), or GPA.

Which is why DBDC is stuck currently, since all of their allies are also allied, there's realistically less than a dozen nations in the top 250 not in DBDC allies(or one chain away), or GPA.

There is much more then dozen such nations. The alliances which have nations in top 250 and that are not GPA, DBDC or DBDC allies or one treaty chain away are: SPATR, OBR, RoTR, Pax Corvus, Old Guard, FAN, TIO, MI6, III Percent.

Edited by murtibing

OBR/RotR means hitting Themis, that's not happening, rolling Pax a second time could happen, SPATR wouldnt be a raid, that would have to be an extermination. FAN is FAN and has been raided by DBDC previously so I'm guessing they're on the blacklist for a little while longer, 3% just got raided(by bones), TIO means upsetting R&R and NATO, which would lead to serious complications for DK at the very least. the circlejerk that sprang from last war has removed just about all the targets you listed, besides Pax and you.

OBR/RotR means hitting Themis, that's not happening, rolling Pax a second time could happen, SPATR wouldnt be a raid, that would have to be an extermination. FAN is FAN and has been raided by DBDC previously so I'm guessing they're on the blacklist for a little while longer, 3% just got raided(by bones), TIO means upsetting R&R and NATO, which would lead to serious complications for DK at the very least. the circlejerk that sprang from last war has removed just about all the targets you listed, besides Pax and you.

You made a specifc point about number of nations in top 250 which fit certain conditions - and that's what I disputed. Whether war between DBDC and any of the alliances which I listed is likely or not is a different matter.