Sign in to follow this  
Lord Balian

Looking for a Custom Flag Software

Hello all,

I am looking for a free or cheap online software program that will allow me to create my ouw nation flag.  I would like ot have a flag that has a 'wavy' background in that it appears like you can see the cloth of the flag, if that makes sense.  Does anyone have any ideas of such a program?  Any help would be great! 

Thank you!

Lord Balian

Hello all,

I am looking for a free or cheap online software program that will allow me to create my ouw nation flag.  I would like ot have a flag that has a 'wavy' background in that it appears like you can see the cloth of the flag, if that makes sense.  Does anyone have any ideas of such a program?  Any help would be great! 

Thank you!

Lord Balian

TBH, IDK. There is GIMP (what I use), which is free, but it's nearly as complex as Photoshop, so unless you know what you're doing you may not have much success. Though I won't deter you from trying it. 

Other than that, I can think of another, very simple way of adding the "wavey" effect to a flag. Unfortunately that would require me breaking the forum and game rules and is also basically impossible for reasons I'm not going into because I've said enough already. 

If all else fails and GIMP doesn't work out for you, send me a PM. I always enjoy making flags and if it's not a total nightmare to work with, or I think it's cool, I'll gladly do it for free.

But I'm assuming you mean something like this?

FoxburoCommunist_zps2349c90a.png

BTW that's my own personal design, so no you can't use it. But I could make the same wave effect (or even a different one) for any flag.

Edited by Fox Fire

Yep that is it!  I would love to be able to send you some ideas that I have (some graphics).  If you would be willing to construct a flag for me that would be great!  I can send these things to you later in the day if you are agreeable to it....

If I PM you, can we communicate via email?  I have a hard time sending graphics via URL and this way I could attach files of ideas that I have.

If I PM you, can we communicate via email?  I have a hard time sending graphics via URL and this way I could attach files of ideas that I have.