Thank you. Thank you all very much.

SirWilliam

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit believing the echo chamber in here. The facts are quite different. Get on IRC or send me a PM.

Look at the OP. Not an agreement. No terms at all, no signatures. Not ours, not theirs.

This was never an agreement. It was a gambit from their side. They used it to get Sir William out of range before resuming hostilities.

We generously, at the urging of our allies, took it as an acceptance of our white peace offer, in good faith.  That has been proven a mistake. The attacks against Methrage did not cease - deliberately provocative violations of the peace.  One tiny non-nuclear nation on our side didnt get the memo and accidentally did and suddenly Kashmir is vowing eternal war again.

We have not carried out any attacks against those Stripes nations. Instead we have been engaged all day corresponding with those on the other side and those in #cnkashmir attempting to get a real ending to this.

There is a reason that wars are supposed to end with negotiated agreements, not with unilateral declarations like this.

We can end this before update and very easily, if there is any will to do it.

Unfortunately it seems that our opponents prefer to openly talk about EZI instead.

The fact is that you declared two aggressive wars against Stripes after peace was declared.  The fact is that you aided someone who less than 24 hours later declared new wars on Kashmir and NSO, and rather than condemn their actions, here you are following them into battle again--against an alliance that was not even involved in the continuing action.

Rather than trying deescalating the situation, you further escalate it.  Not Stripes, not anyone else but you.  Get off your high horse.  You haven't earned that seat. 

The fact is that you declared two aggressive wars against Stripes after peace was declared.  The fact is that you aided someone who less than 24 hours later declared new wars on Kashmir and NSO, and rather than condemn their actions, here you are following them into battle again--against an alliance that was not even involved in the continuing action.

Rather than trying deescalating the situation, you further escalate it.  Not Stripes, not anyone else but you.  Get off your high horse.  You haven't earned that seat. 

A whole lot of this...well said brother! This is a totally different and new war and it is my allies defending themselves against rogues and nothing else... :war:

I would like to take this opportunity to wish the best of luck to FAN in their new struggle.

If you'd use your noggin you'd figure out why I did what I did. Silly Xanth.

Hiding.
Peacemode.
Rogue senator.
Alliance hopping.
Attention whoring.
Eternal declaration of war against Methrage which amounted to nothing but fan fare.

People who use their noggin know you're more worthless than a meat shield. Edited by the rebel

SirWilliam, I'm not sure what the inconsequential chest-thumping is about, but I don't really care. The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is apathy. Enjoy.

Edit: I actually read your post this time, and I was a little harsh. Jettisoning the whole surrender nonsense is a credit to your intelligence. Too bad Methrage can't match it.

Still plan on ignoring this conflict again.

Edited by Duderonomy

Hiding.
Peacemode.
Rogue senator.
Alliance hopping.
Attention whoring.
Eternal declaration of war against Methrage which amounted to nothing but fan fare.

People who use their noggin know you're more worthless than a meat shield.

Considering my lack of activity in this game that should clue everyone in on the fact that I've been busy and thus no time for CN. I didn't even know the damn war was over until Xanth sent me a message yesterday. In fact, I've been attempting to join FAN since July and didn't even get an application in until the beginning of this month. That's how busy I am. You can call it whatever you like, I call it priorities and Planet Bob is not always one of them. 

I call refusing attack orders for 6 months yet coming out of pm within hours of a message about peace more of an act of a coward than "no time for cn". You came directly out of peace mode then offered to start aiding and no hint of leaving was made until sigrun attacked you. Hell you didn't even tell me you left when you messaged me that sigrun attacked.

You surrendered to an aggressive  enemy and left the aa. Don't leave a protected alliance as you are now on the str war defector zi list. STR went to bat to protect you and at the first sign that you'd have to do some heave lifting you tucked tail and ran.

Jesus your just as bad as sigrun and meth with your revisionist history. You will now join them both on ignore.

A brief timeout here to remind people that 'out of character' posts or comments in an 'in character' area are not permitted.  Some of you could use a refresher on the forums rules, some of you should probably read them for the first time.

Consider this a friendly reminder and a very gentle verbal warning to everyone.  The next time you hear from me it will be because you could not take a hint and warns will be issued.

SirWilliam, I'm not sure what the inconsequential chest-thumping is about, but I don't really care. The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is apathy. Enjoy.

Edit: I actually read your post this time, and I was a little harsh. Jettisoning the whole surrender nonsense is a credit to your intelligence. Too bad Methrage can't match it.

Still plan on ignoring this conflict again.

Chest-thumping wasn't my intent, and for that matter I was probably a little harsh with my initial response as well. Just took umbrage but I've said my piece and it's done with.

Not that I'm surprised but I'm not entirely certain how the Methheads bungled the one thing they were seeking all along: The closest to white peace they'd get. Major combat operations may have ended but the insurgency continues. No sweat off our backs!

This whole thing is stupid, honestly, one of the more stupid things I have seen or been a part of in this world.  That's saying a lot, because I was in CSN when Liz and Goose asked for reps from DT and I was in NPL when my good friend Wally was inviting GOONs raid victims to the AA.  Hell, I even made one of the more stupid drunkin statements of the whole mess.  That said, never before have I seen two people so sure of their own righteousness that they have become delusional.  As far as I am concerned, any attacks that occured on the AAs who granted clemency with the OP are prime examples of roguery.

The greatest irony I find in this whole thing, other than LN/CA claiming they are defending themselves, is found here

While the context found in the provided link is about raiding, the rogue nations involved in this particular discussion are clearly condemning the tactics they themselves are embracing in their current rogue action, and in the actions they have undertaken for the past few months.

Methrage of Libertarian Empire Limitless Nexus Tasker74 of Thebigharbour Stripes Expired 6/20/2015 7:23:33 AM 2015-06-27 A general dispute

Methrage of Libertarian Empire Limitless Nexus justtrentjohnson of Logania Screaming Red Asses Expired 6/20/2015 7:23:23 AM 2015-06-27 A general dispute

Methrage of Libertarian Empire Limitless Nexus Potato Chip of Tornado Stripes Expired 6/20/2015 7:23:18 AM 2015-06-27 A g

"Oh Irony, you fickle !@#$%*..,"

Edit:  C/P need to be reformatted for ease of reading.

Edited by smurthwaite

9/24: Kashmir and allies declare victory and an end to combat operations.

9/26: Methrage agrees to fight out existing wars to expiry with no new declarations (conventional practice in ending CN wars).

9/28: LN violates the agreement by declaring on two NSO nations and one Kashmir nation.

9/29 (just after reset): LN declares a fourth new war against Kashmir. 

9/29 (mid-afternoon): CA declares two new wars on Stripes. At this point, they have violated the agreement six times with six new war declarations.

9/29 (late night): CA violates the agreement a 7th time with another declaration on Kashmir. TCA finally retaliates against Methrage.

9/30 (just after reset): Kashmir retaliates against LN after no less than 7 new declarations of war on us and our allies.

9/30 (mid-afternoon): LN declares an 8th time against Kashmir. CA declares another war against Kashmir. At this point, they've violated the agreement 9 times.

9/30 (late night): Kashmir declares twice more against LN.

Anyone can look at the war records and verify the date and time stamps. These are objective facts. They declared 7 new wars over nearly two days before there was any retaliation after agreeing to no new declarations. Now I'm not complaining about the wars themselves. I'll be glad to continue lobbing nukes at LN. But it just goes to show you how dishonest they are. They are outright filth and liars. They're saying that we're the roadblock to getting this conflict wrapped up.

Kashmir and Allies: Okay, you're basically done. We declare victory and we'll end major combat operations.

LN: Okay. We'll fight existing wars until expiry and no new declarations of war.

Kashmir and Allies: Okay.

*two days later*

LN and CA: *declares 7 new wars on Kashmir and Allies* WHY ARE YOU VIOLATING THE PEACE!?

You should all have your heads examined.

9/24: Kashmir and allies declare victory and an end to combat operations.
9/26: Methrage agrees to fight out existing wars to expiry with no new declarations (conventional practice in ending CN wars).
9/28: LN violates the agreement by declaring on two NSO nations and one Kashmir nation.
9/29 (just after reset): LN declares a fourth new war against Kashmir. 
9/29 (mid-afternoon): CA declares two new wars on Stripes. At this point, they have violated the agreement six times with six new war declarations.
9/29 (late night): CA violates the agreement a 7th time with another declaration on Kashmir. TCA finally retaliates against Methrage.
9/30 (just after reset): Kashmir retaliates against LN after no less than 7 new declarations of war on us and our allies.
9/30 (mid-afternoon): LN declares an 8th time against Kashmir. CA declares another war against Kashmir. At this point, they've violated the agreement 9 times.
9/30 (late night): Kashmir declares twice more against LN.

Anyone can look at the war records and verify the date and time stamps. These are objective facts. They declared 7 new wars over nearly two days before there was any retaliation after agreeing to no new declarations. Now I'm not complaining about the wars themselves. I'll be glad to continue lobbing nukes at LN. But it just goes to show you how dishonest they are. They are outright filth and liars. They're saying that we're the roadblock to getting this conflict wrapped up.

Kashmir and Allies: Okay, you're basically done. We declare victory and we'll end major combat operations.
LN: Okay. We'll fight existing wars until expiry and no new declarations of war.
Kashmir and Allies: Okay.
*two days later*
LN and CA: *declares 7 new wars on Kashmir and Allies* WHY ARE YOU VIOLATING THE PEACE!?

You should all have your heads examined.

Come now you can't expect them to keep their word.

I have kept my word and continue to keep it.

Anyone that can read can look at the OP and see there is no agreement and no signatures.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge Methrage stating that existing wars would be fought until expiry and no new declarations will take place? Presumably you can read, so why don't you acknowledge it?

Anyone that can read can look at the OP and see there is no agreement and no signatures.

Seems your coalition leader agreed something and you're all too slow to keep pace and realise it was agreed.

This is a lesson for would-be parents out there. Sometimes when dealing with a toddler, you'll run into a situation where you give them exactly what they want and it turns out it's not what they really wanted at all. Or they've already spent so much time crying that doing a one-eighty on their emotions is just too difficult. You can scold them, but they're toddlers. There's no point. So just shrug and laugh.

Not you, you clod. Methrage.

And that's precisely why, and you can quote me on this, a formal agreement with you Methheads will never be brokered. His word has proven to be utterly meaningless. Feel free to reciprocate our previously declared unilateral peace should it, through our good graces, still stand. Assuming you're adult enough - no, human being enough - to actually spend the 5 minutes to come talk to us.

Otherwise we'll leave you to your conspiracy theories (kudos on at least keeping them private this time around, although my membership probably isn't the best demographic) and handle the ongoing insurgency as we see fit.

Edited by SirWilliam

Not you, you clod. Methrage.

And that's precisely why, and you can quote me on this, a formal agreement with you Methheads will never be brokered. His word has proven to be utterly meaningless. Feel free to reciprocate our previously declared unilateral peace should it, through our good graces, still stand. Assuming you're adult enough - no, human being enough - to actually spend the 5 minutes to come talk to us.

Otherwise we'll leave you to your conspiracy theories (kudos on at least keeping them private this time around, although my membership probably isn't the best demographic) and handle the ongoing insurgency as we see fit.

Can you link to anyone on your side agreeing with my suggestion? The only response I saw to my suggestion on that was a negative.