Judas Iscariot, out yourself...

Dajobo

Couldn't you say the same thing about Sengoku spying on MI6 instead of declaring war?

Sengoku did the act, MI6 could recognise it is a declaration of war (and thus an aggressive war) however they decided to let it be. Until MI6 acknowledge it as an act of war, it just opens up the possibility of further spy attempts to be done due to the perception of MI6 not caring too much about being spied upon.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least had Sengoku not spied on us with Petro, their MOFA, we wouldnt feel so,,, how can I put this... Offended I guess? whatever, Spying with your MOFA foregoing any kind of deniability is just stupid in a funny sort of way... if you're gonna spy, do it right, use some random non-gov member to claim that his finger slipped as he tried to collect taxes... not attempt to deny any kind of significance when your MOFA spies on us... 

Has this planet gone stupid in the couple years I was away? damn... whats next? 

At least had Sengoku not spied on us with Petro, their MOFA, we wouldnt feel so,,, how can I put this... Offended I guess? whatever, Spying with your MOFA foregoing any kind of deniability is just stupid in a funny sort of way... if you're gonna spy, do it right, use some random non-gov member to claim that his finger slipped as he tried to collect taxes... not attempt to deny any kind of significance when your MOFA spies on us... 

Has this planet gone stupid in the couple years I was away? damn... whats next? 

Then they gave you a solid reason to defend yourselves, even to spy back however you didn't. It was clear what Sengoku was attempting to do and unfortunately you didn't follow up on a chance that would have gained you more respect.

Also, it's Sengoku, they like to pay fast and free.

Sengoku did the act, MI6 could recognise it is a declaration of war (and thus an aggressive war) however they decided to let it be. Until MI6 acknowledge it as an act of war, it just opens up the possibility of further spy attempts to be done due to the perception of MI6 not caring too much about being spied upon.

I see it as a declaration of war and would have already planned to attack them, inevitable rolling be damned.

I'm just a regular member and resident has-been though. I don't call the shots. ;)

Then they gave you a solid reason to defend yourselves, even to spy back however you didn't. It was clear what Sengoku was attempting to do and unfortunately you didn't follow up on a chance that would have gained you more respect.

I think that you are building Sengoku up to more than what it is. Sengoku isn't really the concern. MI6 understands that declaring on an AZTEC alliance, regardless of whatever they did- and it would enevitably open the door to a bloc entry (even without the whole oculus thing).

So in that case, put yourselves in MI6s shoes, does an entry against the AZTEC bloc seem smart for a spy op?

You already know the answer to this, Franz Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I think that you are building Sengoku up to more than what it is. Sengoku isn't really the concern. MI6 understands that declaring on an AZTEC alliance, regardless of whatever they did- hell it could've been a botched raid (wouldn't have mattered) and it would enevitably open the door to a bloc entry (even without the whole oculus thing).

So in that case, put yourselves in MI6s shoes, does an entry against the AZTEC bloc seem smart for a spy op?

You already know the answer to this, Franz

In regards to MI6, I would say it would have probably been the best course of action. It's either that or do a complete 180 degrees and dramatically alter their FA direction. I can't see either happening.

I think that you are building Sengoku up to more than what it is. Sengoku isn't really the concern. MI6 understands that declaring on an AZTEC alliance, regardless of whatever they did- hell it could've been a botched raid (wouldn't have mattered) and it would enevitably open the door to a bloc entry (even without the whole oculus thing).

You already know the answer to this, Franz

Why not? We're already target #1 (allegedly, right?), so we may as well speed it up.

Punch them in the face if I could

But yeah... :)

Why not? We're already target #1 (allegedly, right?), so we may as well speed it up.

It would also put a dent in the confidence of Sengoku's allies as public support would generally be in favour of MI6 for standing up for themselves as opposed to kowtowing to an action which most other alliances wouldn't have tolerated especially considering the seniority of the individual doing the spying.

It would also put a dent in the confidence of Sengoku's allies as public support would generally be in favour of MI6 for standing up for themselves as opposed to kowtowing to an action which most other alliances wouldn't have tolerated especially considering the seniority of the individual doing the spying.

Sure, and as a fringe benefit, tearing into Sengoku would be fun because they completely suck.

In regards to MI6, I would say it would have probably been the best course of action. It's either that or do a complete 180 degrees and dramatically alter their FA direction. I can't see either happening.

They have attempted any FA direction they could- hell, even atlas (that crap military aa) denied a treaty with them. AAs don't want to be on the 'losing side'... they'd rather hide behind 'other' AAs

They have attempted any FA direction they could- hell, even atlas (that crap military aa) denied a treaty with them. AAs don't want to be on the 'losing side'... they'd rather hide behind 'other' AAs

Then MI6 need to show that they are worth having a treaty with, even if it means jumping head-first into the firing line. After a beat-down, people will improve their impressions of the alliance.

Infra > Friends

its generally the way these alliances go... im not gonna say its all about being scared but...

Don't be ridiculous Franz, we aren't going to do anything as stupid as activating every one of their MDP's when we know they are coming for us anyway. 

The longer they wait means the larger our warchests are, and the more tech we have. Sengoku isn't worth the effort by themselves, the party is right around the corner. 

But... Oculus means there's no method of controlling the war, since yall would rather circle jerk than fight a war you might lose.

Don't be ridiculous Franz, we aren't going to do anything as stupid as activating every one of their MDP's when we know they are coming for us anyway. 

The longer they wait means the larger our warchests are, and the more tech we have. Sengoku isn't worth the effort by themselves, the party is right around the corner. 

However the problem with that analogy is the larger their warchests and tech that they have. Unless of course they just keep messing up your collections of course, which they could do if they really wanted to. I mean, what is MI6 really going to do about it?

However the problem with that analogy is the larger their warchests and tech that they have. Unless of course they just keep messing up your collections of course, which they could do if they really wanted to. I mean, what is MI6 really going to do about it?

Im happy with pointing and laughing a whole lot... for now anyway, im having fun... until the time comes someone grows a pair and I can add more to my collection of non-money related dongs...

Edited by Keres

Theirs grow faster just based on the fact that they have more of it. 

From every aspect (including most war strats; the ability to down declare and try and set your own staggers/PM-ing up front/etc.) a declaration by MI6 is the best move. It also establishes that you aren't a punk!@#$%* and it'll probably make people respect you a bit; even if they do continue to dislike you. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Theirs grow faster just based on the fact that they have more of it. 

From every aspect (including most war strats; the ability to down declare and try and set your own staggers/PM-ing up front/etc.) a declaration by MI6 is the best move. It also establishes that you aren't a punk!@#$%* and it'll probably make people respect you a bit; even if they do continue to dislike you. 

UnknownSmurf, great to see we are on the same page. We should probably get GeniusInc to do another joint-interview of both of us for The Apathy Report.