Judas Iscariot, out yourself...

Dajobo

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unaware of any unaddressed concerns mi6 has, so wouldn't agree with that categorization.

You probably actually believe this, not surprising. 

Also GATO has already signed off on TIO being hit if they defend us+, so I wouldn't be shocked to see ODN let STA go as well. CnG is a MADP afterall. 

I haven't seen the logs. I'm sure they brought any issues up, I just don't believe you all actually care.

Wow. Just wow.

Sengoku has made a name for itself as a compassionate alliance that deeply feels for the plight of others. I'm offended that anyone would imply otherwise.

Dear Letum, unless you are confirming I'm bang on the money, this is 100% speculation.

Please don't treat my readers as idiots though. Having a war start without your agreement and being stuck with impossible commitments is being "caught with conflicting treaties". Pre-planning it for months isn't!

You've planned wars Dajobo, and specifically wars that have put your allies in a position of conflicting treaties. So by your logic, either your allies are "traitors" for signing off on it beforehand, or you are a horrible ally for starting it over their protests and making them stuck with impossible commitments.

As I said; everyone is interconnected, and an alliance only avoids treaty conflicts by them happening somewhere earlier in the chain. 

So we can expect to see reps given to MI6 over these spy attacks then, right?

I'm unaware of any request for reps, and have discussed the issue with mi6.

Might I suggest instead of speaking uninformed, you go and canvass votes for Grub for Senate?

Have ODN already signed off on this and will play the "non-chaining" card to leave STA in the lurch? IRON and Valhalla both have done this in recent wars and proven it is repercussion free.

I wouldn't say that Valhalla's maneuvering (make that Levi's...trust me, I had no part in it...I WANTED war) was without repercussions.  Forget for the moment that it flushed what was left of a reputation for aggressive action built up over a period of years down the toilet, it caused serious divisions within the alliance, and was a major contributing factor in several key departures.

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest, but I do have to disagree with this. Even if they havent been physically hit for it at this point, Valhalla, at least, I am sure have felt FA consequences for having been seen to act that way and I would suspect that this might have happened already if someone was not very worried about taking the same sort of hit here.

Frankly I don't see why Mi6 is a target rather than Valhalla, save that miraculously Valhalla maintains enough treaty weight that it would be difficult to pull off, whereas Mi6 does not.  Perhaps Mi6 would have maintained enough treaty weight to prevent it from becoming lunch for someone(s), but then they were counting on retaining that pre-war Valhalla treaty, which was my preference, but then my preference in FA matters didn't matter. <_<

In IRON's case, the reasons they got away with it had much more to do with their enemies not taking the initiative against IRON and instead antagonizing other spheres that were then pushed right into IRON's arms.

You are a few years late, Rebel. You already admitted to this before and you only have one opportunity to do it. As you have redeemed it, you better let someone else have their time in the sun.

I don't remember that, but then again I don't remember much these days. I'll take your word for it.

Sure thing, how much does a failed gather intel go for these days? 

I'll get my check book.

Yeah, you guys probably wouldn't care if anyone was actively spying on your nations either.

I'm unaware of any unaddressed concerns mi6 has, so wouldn't agree with that categorization.

You are unaware that Petro spied upon MI6 nations or unaware he acted like a chimp when questioned about it?

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

"I don't get why they wouldn't declare a losing war over intentional provocation", you can do better than this Franz.

"I don't get why I look at things in a binary way" - Mogar

If MI6 took action, then they would be able to control the direction of a war and actually put Sengoku and their allies on the backfoot as it could be seen as acknowledging an aggressive action by Sengoku. It would only be a losing war because you (Mogar) wouldn't be committed to see it through and instead would shy away if it was up to you.

"I don't get why I look at things in a binary way" - Mogar

If MI6 took action, then they would be able to control the direction of a war and actually put Sengoku and their allies on the backfoot as it could be seen as acknowledging an aggressive action by Sengoku. It would only be a losing war because you (Mogar) wouldn't be committed to see it through and instead would shy away if it was up to you.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Sengoku spying on MI6 instead of declaring war?