We have a winner !

Freelancer

He's been able to be at 999,999 for a while.

I know mogar, I and a few my alliance mates have been keeping an eye on Cuba's nation for awhile now waiting for him to cross, this morning was the first time we saw him break the million mark, so I can say with 97% percent accuracy I'm correct.

I know mogar, I and a few my alliance mates have been keeping an eye on Cuba's nation for awhile now waiting for him to cross, this morning was the first time we saw him break the million mark, so I can say with 97% percent accuracy I'm correct.

You been checking his rubbish too, like all good stalkers?

I ask this as an admitted filthy casual. But, how did the top few nations in this game get so disproportionately strong? We are all bound by the same mechanics, so it seems that older nations should be on similar levels. I understand wars change nation outcomes pretty significantly, but other than that it all seems pretty straight forward. Is it just that they have been throwing down monthly donations for years? Or is there something I'm missing? 

Also I would be interested in seeing nation growth over the whole lifetime of some of those top nations. Is it possible to get nation strength charts that go back that far? 

I ask this as an admitted filthy casual. But, how did the top few nations in this game get so disproportionately strong? We are all bound by the same mechanics, so it seems that older nations should be on similar levels. I understand wars change nation outcomes pretty significantly, but other than that it all seems pretty straight forward. Is it just that they have been throwing down monthly donations for years? Or is there something I'm missing? 

Also I would be interested in seeing nation growth over the whole lifetime of some of those top nations. Is it possible to get nation strength charts that go back that far? 

As a former political adversary of DBDC I would say that it's a simple fact that many/most upper tier nations lack balls and IF they are willing to fight, they only fight on the winning side of curbstomps. That's why they get big... while us producers fight their wars, they grow fat exploiting underpriced tech in peacetime, and hide in peacemode, desert, or otherwise run from costly wars.

A couple years ago if the upper tier banded together against Cubaquerida and his gang, they wouldn't have gotten so big, but they didn't, and the fact that doomsphere has fought their way to supremacy against the same establishment that suppressed my place in politics (not to mention, they don't exploit tech producers and noobs at horrible rates) is why I solidly support them now.

As a former political adversary of DBDC I would say that it's a simple fact that many/most upper tier nations lack balls and IF they are willing to fight, they only fight on the winning side of curbstomps. That's why they get big... while us producers fight their wars, they grow fat exploiting underpriced tech in peacetime, and hide in peacemode, desert, or otherwise run from costly wars.

A couple years ago if the upper tier banded together against Cubaquerida and his gang, they wouldn't have gotten so big, but they didn't, and the fact that doomsphere has fought their way to supremacy against the same establishment that suppressed my place in politics (not to mention, they don't exploit tech producers and noobs at horrible rates) is why I solidly support them now.

WC, this begs for a common man translation :

Fuck... can't beat em, I will join them !

Well there is a bunch of factors.

1) they are religious about aid slots. Tech is always going in. Other players have to pay for tech so the largest nations get a leg up this way. How do they get away with not paying for tech? Well sometimes they pay with donations, sometimes there are alliances who feel it is more beneficial for them to feed tech into a single nation perpetually to get one (or a few) super nations. The Legion actually started this practice 8 years ago by feeding a player by the name of "legionnaire" (who also PM every war but that was because they wanted the #1 nation on the Stat page).

Overall though technically any nation can be as religious about tech slots.

And to add to that, they also know a lot about the game (or know someone who does) so they can grow as efficient as possible. Again thought this is something anyone can do.

2) Donations. It's a good way to grow faster than those who have complete point 1.

3) Land. Huge swathes of land are take via GAs. There was a point around 200k NS where certain people realized a few won battles would steal enough land to even make a full round of retaliation nukes worth the raid. DBDC took full advantage of this and that's why you've seen the exponential growth instead of linear.

4) Good diplomacy. Going in and doing a couple GAs and leaving without retribution is an art. And one that TBR&co is very skilled at.

I had more and a point but lost it. Edited by Unknown Smurf

Not 1 mil ns is the big number, by playing long enough anyone can reach it, but the 428 effiency is the real deal, you don't even see anyone else over 300 (like no war and max donation Dulra is at 250) meanwhile Cuba has the most casualties too by fighting many wars, sometimes as an underdog.

Edited by Vespassianus

Junka gets it. Down with the 1%!!!! Taking tech from those 99%. 

Edited by applesauce59