Silly Idea

HeroofTime55

No.

As Kyriakos Raanb Dorou mentioned, Alliances were originally entirely unofficial. In fact (and correct me if I'm wrong), the first Great War was fought before there were in-game AAs, and the game had almost twice as many players then as right now. People will organize themselves as they see fit, with or without sanction status.

Alliances have never had any in-game effects. Even "sanctioned" status was just getting your alliance flag uploaded to the game, along with some extra publicity.

I dare you to tell DBDC, Legion, Non Grata, or any of the many other AAs that they have to disband, and let me know how that goes.

1) I theorize that people are less invested in this game, and less likely to put in the effort to maintain alliance lines without access to an AA system.

2) Enforcement would be via game code, so aforementioned alliances could whine until they were blue in the face and it wouldn't change a thing.  More likely is that motivated alliances will work to ensure they make the cut.

3) In-game mechanics, of course, cannot dissolve external communities.  You'd all still have your forums.

What if you're the only person actually playing CN, and all of this has just been a very elaborate Turing test?

I have always assumed this.

Or that 75 could do something to put themselves in a position to recieve the tangible benefits. I's say it would be an incentive to log in again.

The point of this thread is that the game is dead.  Nobody is motivated to even go through the motions.  We used to have 40k active players.  Now CN advertises "nations simulated to date" on the front page because the total number of active players is a goddamn joke.  It is around 7000 if memory serves.  We used to have alliances with 1000 members in them.