We're watching you

Letum

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've taken a set of alliances that was already highly interconnected by MDP's, and gave it a name and a grandiose reveal. The details that might make it marginally interesting, like who made the cut as a ~real~ NPO Turbo Hyper Championship Arcade Edition ally, and who's just had their treaty de-facto downgraded by this, have been made intentionally murky in keeping with the played-out theme. So what is there to really say here, except "yep"?

If this turns out to be a true departure from the "everyone-grab-each-other-and-avoid-a-challenging-war" foreign policy by your side of the web for the last couple of years, I'll be the first to congratulate you.

A bloc is more than "A collection of someone`s allies". It involves alliances brought together through their collective, multilateral tie rather than just their relationship with any central figure.

While it is true that some blocs in history have been dominated by a central player surrounded by rather more minor ones, I think that even a cursory look at some of the forces of personality involved here should make it clear that they would never tolerate some kind of Pacifican (or other) -controlled empire where membership is bloc parceled out like some feudal reward of patronage.

A treaty of this kind is built upon a lot of compromises, because bringing a lot of people into the same room is much harder than any bilateral relationship. You essentially have to find unanimous common ground on everything. 

Edited by Letum

I was addressing shepard's concerns about the way you play politics, not my own.

So what you're blaming IRON for the repetitive war cycle?
My view is that all alliances are victims to the war cycle if they don't do anything to change it.

So by contributing to the !@#$ war cycle you're... doing what exactly?

I lost interest in the war cycle, but yeah there's not a lot one person can do. An example probably being Mogar despite being a good player. Edited by Commander shepard

"I'm not dead, I swear I'm not! I'm getting better, please don't make me go on the cart. I feel fine, I promise! In fact I think I'll go for a walk. I feel happy, oh so happy..."

Dammit Masta, you can't be doing stuff like this. Don't you know they're watching you?

Dammit Masta, you can't be doing stuff like this. Don't you know they're watching you?

I find the best course of action is to make sure they don't WANT to watch you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some peanut butter, new dance moves, and a Barry Manilow CD for the camera Lord Nettles put in my presidential mansion.

So what you're blaming IRON for the repetitive war cycle?
My view is that all alliances are victims to the war cycle if they don't do anything to change it.

I didn't say it was only IRON. There are far more alliances that are responsible; IRON is one of the few who could rally for change and have others follow them. Edited by Neo Uruk

I didn't say it was only IRON. There are far more alliances that are responsible; IRON is one of the few who could rally for change and have others follow them.

You mean like NPO treatying Umbrella? Or Doom treatying SNX? Because I fail to see a lack of movement on this side of the web. Just because you don't belong doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

You mean like NPO treatying Umbrella? Or Doom treatying SNX? Because I fail to see a lack of movement on this side of the web. Just because you don't belong doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

Movement towards the giant clusterfuck of treaties isn't what I was talking about.

Please tell us when it began so that we know when it's time to turn on one another.

You betrayed Pacifica a few times now, are you really going to try to sayIRON actually has a reputation for honoring all of their treaties?