We're watching you

Letum

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everybody longs for the excitement of giving their friends the finger and then hiding under the nearest rock.

I, personally, am not hiding under a rock; I'm very clearly visible. Not only are there other ways for him to solve his boredom while remaining in IRON (ie. lobbying for change in the way IRON is playing politics), hiding under a rock is probably a very good place for the average shepard post.

[OOC: It's a game. Why put AA seniority over ideals?]

Wow. Really poor attempts at zingers on the expense of this block. Shame really. Didn't even manage to chuckle.

Also only six pages. I think its time to roll everybody and then turn the lights off.

You've taken a set of alliances that was already highly interconnected by MDP's, and gave it a name and a grandiose reveal. The details that might make it marginally interesting, like who made the cut as a ~real~ NPO Turbo Hyper Championship Arcade Edition ally, and who's just had their treaty de-facto downgraded by this, have been made intentionally murky in keeping with the played-out theme. So what is there to really say here, except "yep"?

If this turns out to be a true departure from the "everyone-grab-each-other-and-avoid-a-challenging-war" foreign policy by your side of the web for the last couple of years, I'll be the first to congratulate you.

I, personally, am not hiding under a rock; I'm very clearly visible. Not only are there other ways for him to solve his boredom while remaining in IRON (ie. lobbying for change in the way IRON is playing politics), hiding under a rock is probably a very good place for the average shepard post.

Please don't outright lie when it's easy to see that you're in peace mode. Staying there gains you nothing except money to buy infra to get in my range, where you will promptly get knocked back down. You'd be better off taking your beating and moving on.

There's no end to this except a hard one, kid. Even if we're at war, I will be checking your nation every day. I'm sure NPO is doing the same thing. Your existence shall not be forgotten. Either take it now or waste the next months collecting in peace mode, just to have that money burned and end up bouncing off of ZI. 

LOL @ a ruler who steals from his friends and then talks ideals.

You've taken a set of alliances that was already highly interconnected by MDP's, and gave it a name and a grandiose reveal. The details that might make it marginally interesting, like who made the cut as a ~real~ NPO Turbo Hyper Championship Arcade Edition ally, and who's just had their treaty de-facto downgraded by this, have been made intentionally murky in keeping with the played-out theme. So what is there to really say here, except "yep"?

If this turns out to be a true departure from the "everyone-grab-each-other-and-avoid-a-challenging-war" foreign policy by your side of the web for the last couple of years, I'll be the first to congratulate you.

So I suppose it's better to just sit around and pray for death like your side of the web?

Please don't outright lie when it's easy to see that you're in peace mode. Staying there gains you nothing except money to buy infra to get in my range, where you will promptly get knocked back down. You'd be better off taking your beating and moving on.

I'm fairly sure he's actually saving money to buy a Manhattan Project, after which the infrastructure will not be necessary, and he might just decide to stay down in the low tier by choice as I do now.

Oooh, big man with big words over here. You should stick to the epic lulz posts; I'm in peace mode for a reason, and the bitterness you show isn't going to convince me to move. It doesn't equate to hiding.

There's no end to this except a hard one, kid. Even if we're at war, I will be checking your nation every day. I'm sure NPO is doing the same thing. Your existence shall not be forgotten. Either take it now or waste the next months collecting in peace mode, just to have that money burned and end up bouncing off of ZI.

Well, yeah. I'm not fucking stupid.

LOL @ a ruler who steals from his friends and then talks ideals.

Those who harbor hatred of others, or defend those who do express hatred of others, for skin tones are no friends of mine.

I'm fairly sure he's actually saving money to buy a Manhattan Project, after which the infrastructure will not be necessary, and he might just decide to stay down in the low tier by choice as I do now.

Doesn't matter. I'm sure there are more people with SDIs willing to ensure he keeps bouncing if it comes to that. Rotavele bounced nicely, too.

It appears that you've squared SNX with NpO and DK (not certain about NpO, but they aren't complaining). That's admirable because it means you acknowledged your problems and dealt with them. It also reflects well on NpO and DK that they are willing to help out a hurting alliance. Other AAs and nations have dealt with similar problems in other situations. When someone thinks that they can avoid the problem or, even worse, hurt people that helped them, then it does not endear them to me. Not anything that lasts forever, but one I'm willing to put casualties behind.

I accept your capitulation then.

Anyone else?

Until you acknowledge me as NG viceroy, I'm not capitulating anything.

It appears that you've squared SNX with NpO and DK (not certain about NpO, but they aren't complaining). That's admirable because it means you acknowledged your problems and dealt with them. It also reflects well on NpO and DK that they are willing to help out a hurting alliance. Other AAs and nations have dealt with similar problems in other situations. When someone thinks that they can avoid the problem or, even worse, hurt people that helped them, then it does not endear them to me. Not anything that lasts forever, but one I'm willing to put casualties behind.

SNX does not have treaty relations with NpO.

Most spot-on analysis of this announcement and thread.

While the analysis is interesting, that suggests that NPO's opinion is the only one that matters in the building of this bloc. Usually there's more to a bloc or a sphere than a single alliance, even if they are as sexy and awesome as my allies in Pacifica.

While the analysis is interesting, that suggests that NPO's opinion is the only one that matters in the building of this bloc. Usually there's more to a bloc or a sphere than a single alliance, even if they are as sexy and awesome as my allies in Pacifica.

Out of curiosity was Atlas' opinion sought in the forming of this bloc? My perception is that many treaty partners of Oculus members were never informed, I may be wrong about that, but if true that's certainly seems sloppy if not downright disrespectful.

I thought it was widely understood that intelligence sharing clauses generally mean that allies should be contacted about future treaties. Although perhaps all such agreements are invalidated by the unique supremacy clause of this treaty.