GOONS achieves total victory

AAs need to quit playing this game so conservatively. AAs that go out of their way to have treaties on both sides so they pick the winning side. AAs that rather sign 3 more treaties than drop 1. How many alliances have someone to attack outside of 2 treaty chains these days? In other words, nut the $%&@ !@#$%*es and lets do this !@#$.

Bye GOONS

Actually, according to my (reasonably accurate) data on currently held MD treaties, the median shortest paths between two AAs on the treaty web is in fact 4 treaties long. The mean is 3.74, with a standard deviation of 1.6.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will leave with this simple quote, to sum up:

Do not go quietly into the night;

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

This is a great, and lamentable, post all in one. It is sad to see GOONS go. Whether we were allies or enemies, yours was an alliance that could be counted to actually do things. 

That is why it is so unfortunate to see the post you have put up. GOONS, and you especially, had the ability and savy to shake up the political if they so chose. Instead you have decided, as you so aptly put it, to quietly go off into the night. 

This is a great, and lamentable, post all in one. It is sad to see GOONS go. Whether we were allies or enemies, yours was an alliance that could be counted to actually do things. 

That is why it is so unfortunate to see the post you have put up. GOONS, and you especially, had the ability and savy to shake up the political if they so chose. Instead you have decided, as you so aptly put it, to quietly go off into the night.

It has been increasingly difficult to maintain activity in a stagnant and dying world. We shed our most active members over the past few years to the point where continuing on and dealing with this place was just too much work for such little fun.

This wasn't a decision reached lightly, but for us, as a community, it was the best. Most of us are from SA so already maintain a better community outside of this world.

Alliance Affiliation: Doom Kingdom

hm, a major catalyst of current politics

you could do something about the political climate if your alliance was so inclined; or, you could vote with your feet if they don't listen.

Is everyone really leaving it up to Doom to make the first move again? Just do a rehash of last war? Yeah, that will make everyone happy. Activity will rise along with the global radiation, but it will also be boring. Coalition A rolls B, repeat, a new coalition forms to roll a few of the main or the easiest targets from coalition A, and repeat. Wars shouldn't have a set structure like that, it's fucking boring, but alliances are lazy and don't want to put in the work to change that.

Where would my feet take me Rey? There is only a handful of AAs that have the balls to do something. Out of all of them, to be honest, joining GOONS would probably be the best choice.

The only thing DK/DBDC would have had to do to create an exciting political environment right now would be to not completely merge their sphere of influence with NPO's. And yet here we are.

Have you ever heard that objects with a greater mass than the other has a stronger gravitational pull. Edited by rileyaddaff

Is everyone really leaving it up to Doom to make the first move again? Just do a rehash of last war?

Well, no, the last war was Classic Curbstomp. I wouldn't leave it up to Doom to make the first move, but I've always been considered too risky to actually be put in charge of meaningful things.

The world needs a shakeup, but those in power would rather head a coalition of few cowards than have an actual war. Few alliances, such as Doom, can change the culture of warfare here. It's the willingness to do so that is the problem. DK and DBDC have taken to functioning less like freelancers and more as traditional, vanilla wafer alliances over the last year and a half. It's not really a bad thing inherently, but dependent upon your perspective it could be highly disappointing and dull.

Where would my feet take me Rey? There is only a handful of AAs that have the balls to do something. Out of all of them, to be honest, joining GOONS would probably be the best choice.

There are no alliances I can think of off the top of my head that want to instigate a real change. The ones that do are probably too small to currently take action; that doesn't mean they always will be, and in fact you could be the catalyst for one of those alliances attracting new members. You never know how things will shake out until you take the chance.

The world needs a shakeup, but those in power would rather head a coalition of few cowards than have an actual war. Few alliances, such as Doom, can change the culture of warfare here. It's the willingness to do so that is the problem. DK and DBDC have taken to functioning less like freelancers and more as traditional, vanilla wafer alliances over the last year and a half. It's not really a bad thing inherently, but dependent upon your perspective it could be highly disappointing and dull.

There are no alliances I can think of off the top of my head that want to instigate a real change. The ones that do are probably too small to currently take action; that doesn't mean they always will be, and in fact you could be the catalyst for one of those alliances attracting new members. You never know how things will shake out until you take the chance.

For once we agree. A few years back Doom were the outlaws, circulating at the fringes of civilization and making the world more interesting. Now they've grown into a more 'normal' existence, and the world is a poorer place for it.

But realistically what are they going to do? Just like every other institution, the institution will protect itself, even from the individuals that compose it.

As to your last paragraph, CA is of course the one that you just can't think of off the top of your head. For personal reasons, I am sure, and not a more general form of blindness.

NG could have been that alliance...

Oh well.

For once we agree. A few years back Doom were the outlaws, circulating at the fringes of civilization and making the world more interesting. Now they've grown into a more 'normal' existence, and the world is a poorer place for it.

But realistically what are they going to do? Just like every other institution, the institution will protect itself, even from the individuals that compose it.

As to your last paragraph, CA is of course the one that you just can't think of off the top of your head. For personal reasons, I am sure, and not a more general form of blindness.

You aren't an alliance. You are a single person.

You aren't an alliance. You are a single person.

No, we are an alliance. Even at the moment, with these idiots attacking us making recruitment and retention difficult, there are definitely more than 1 of us. Over the 5 years of our existence we've had literally almost dozens of members at once. Do not mistake exclusivity for non-existence. 

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

No, we are an alliance. Even at the moment, with these idiots attacking us making recruitment and retention difficult, there are definitely more than 1 of us. Over the 5 years of our existence we've had literally almost dozens of members at once. Do not mistake exclusivity for non-existence.

No you're pretty much non existent.

CA is not and never will be relevant.

I'm actually sad about all this. It's like telling Peter Pan the croc finally ate Captain Hook. Nobody has been more fun to play with or make fun of. Half you should go to the wanna be 1.0 camp, and the other half start 3.0.

goon order of narcotic smoking. You guys should have went out with some sort of bang though. Everything about this is wrong. Sardonic, milton, and that other dude we like are welcome to join the family and watch bob burn with us while we have some fun before the final nuke is dropped.