NADC-Atlas Announcement

Hmm... I disapprove of this treaty.. For one reason. 

Alexio will never be sober this is a lost cause. I've tried this before :P

o/ Atlas
o/ NADC

Your normally the one giving me the booze. Remember that time you broke me out of rehab

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little conflicted on what to think of this treaty. NADC requested CCC sanction us & Atlas sanctioned us on behalf of DK; but that's all in the past & we're not at conflict with either alliance now. We hope to maintain good relations with all Brown alliances in the future & Alexio has given me reason to believe relations will be better moving forward.

Lets leave the past there & look towards the future. Good luck.

As for CCC's part, we wish you and your alliance nothing but happiness. I'm not sure what the sanction was for but consider it water off a ducks back for our part.

Congratulations to my friends in Atlas and especially my allies in NADC!

As for CCC's part, we wish you and your alliance nothing but happiness. I'm not sure what the sanction was for but consider it water off a ducks back for our part.

Congratulations to my friends in Atlas and especially my allies in NADC!

Are you saying that CCC has no formal process for evaluating a sanction request and keeps no record of these events?  I would think given your declared distaste for all things unethical and given that sanctioning people who are involved in an alliance war is generally considered unethical that you would have found this event to be remarkable enough at face value to be memorable.  Or does your senator just exercise his power without mandate from his alliance?  Given the usual dalliance you undertake when conducting any external business I find this statement to be amusing at best with a tendency towards deceit.

How interesting that you consider it water off a duck's back, which it is to you because it didn't have any impact on you at all, the nation unfairly sanctioned though may well feel differently?

Are you saying that CCC has no formal process for evaluating a sanction request and keeps no record of these events?  I would think given your declared distaste for all things unethical and given that sanctioning people who are involved in an alliance war is generally considered unethical that you would have found this event to be remarkable enough at face value to be memorable.  Or does your senator just exercise his power without mandate from his alliance?  Given the usual dalliance you undertake when conducting any external business I find this statement to be amusing at best with a tendency towards deceit.

How interesting that you consider it water off a duck's back, which it is to you because it didn't have any impact on you at all, the nation unfairly sanctioned though may well feel differently?

I am saying exactly what I said, that I don't know why the sanction was imposed. I am no longer any sort of govt in the CCC, and I really don't know what happened. I do know well enough that the CCC holds no ill will toward Meth or his alliance and allies.

Go slither back into your tree stump, Grub. And don't forget, watch out for birds ;)

I am saying exactly what I said, that I don't know why the sanction was imposed. I am no longer any sort of govt in the CCC, and I really don't know what happened. I do know well enough that the CCC holds no ill will toward Meth or his alliance and allies.

Go slither back into your tree stump, Grub. And don't forget, watch out for birds ;)

I'll bet that seemed pretty clever over there in la-la land.  You didn't address the issue at all, nor did you bother, on appearance, to make an enquiry.  I would have thought someone of your supposed moral virtue would have been concerned.  BTW, fix your signature if you don't want to be regarded as government.  Perhaps someone who is government might want to address the issue before we have to take your senate seat as well.

I'll bet that seemed pretty clever over there in la-la land.  You didn't address the issue at all, nor did you bother, on appearance, to make an enquiry.  I would have thought someone of your supposed moral virtue would have been concerned.  BTW, fix your signature if you don't want to be regarded as government.  Perhaps someone who is government might want to address the issue before we have to take your senate seat as well.

I was unaware that there was any issue in the first place, and it looks like whatever it was, it was taken care of. But please don't assume what I do and do not do. I am under no obligation to report to you what I do and do not, nor is it necessary for me to give updates in this thread regarding the same. I am unaware of any issues needing addressed with Polaris... If Polaris has an issue with us, which it seems apparent that you do at the very least, then Polaris is welcome to discuss the issue with us. Just make sure they don't send you.

Taking over senate seats, are we?

I'll change my Sig when I get around to it. I didn't realize how outdated it was, still flying Arizona colors. :/

I was unaware that there was any issue in the first place, and it looks like whatever it was, it was taken care of. But please don't assume what I do and do not do. I am under no obligation to report to you what I do and do not, nor is it necessary for me to give updates in this thread regarding the same. I am unaware of any issues needing addressed with Polaris... If Polaris has an issue with us, which it seems apparent that you do at the very least, then Polaris is welcome to discuss the issue with us. Just make sure they don't send you.

Taking over senate seats, are we?

I'll change my Sig when I get around to it. I didn't realize how outdated it was, still flying Arizona colors. :/

I will make sure I am assigned as Diplomat to your alliance forthwith.

The request was made to the NADC from DK, not to CCC. We and CCC jointly vote for senate. If you have an issue with the way the sanction was handled, you are welcome to come to us about it. Bring your No.2 pencils though because, as per our new Senate Sanctions Information Request (SSIR) process, you will need to fill out the relevant 77-page form (1065-B.2) in triplicate, and mail or fax it to us, then wait 5-10 business days for us to process the request.

The request was made to the NADC from DK, not to CCC. We and CCC jointly vote for senate. If you have an issue with the way the sanction was handled, you are welcome to come to us about it. Bring your No.2 pencils though because, as per our new Senate Sanctions Information Request (SSIR) process, you will need to fill out the relevant 77-page form (1065-B.2) in triplicate, and mail or fax it to us, then wait 5-10 business days for us to process the request.

Oh, I thought you were running that whomper with 11 votes not the CCC guy anymore?

I am pleased to see that you are using the CCC senator as a puppet for DK's inability to defeat a micro alliance and that you do so on the basis that you voted for him.  If you read the original question to CCC, and I am not sure you can actually comprehend the question, you would see that it has nothing to do with you at all TBH.  I couldn't care less who voted for who, just how CCC justifies sanctions against members of an alliance during an alliance war.  It is inconsequential to me that it was at the request of the easiest roll ever, or DK or indeed anyone else for that matter., or that you have yet to have an original thought in your life, or even that you are not even a pawn in the greater game of chess here.

If CCC and their little friends NADC want to do favors for people, the senate is not the place to start breaking new ground.  Alliance members do not get sanctioned during alliance wars.  If it is however the new standard you want to bring to blue then you will find continuing resistance from Polaris.  Sanctions during war are not on the table on Blue Sphere.

The fact that both alliances involved in this treaty seem to think that sanctions are weapon to be used, not even directly for themselves, but for anyone who they want to curry favor with, do you really think that the rest of Blue doesn't need need to be aware how loose you are?

Edited by AlmightyGrub

I am pleased to see that you are using the CCC senator as a puppet for DK's inability to defeat a micro alliance and that you do so on the basis that you voted for him.  If you read the original question to CCC, and I am not sure you can actually comprehend the question, you would see that it has nothing to do with you at all TBH.  I couldn't care less who voted for who, just how CCC justifies sanctions against members of an alliance during an alliance war.  It is inconsequential to me that it was at the request of the easiest roll ever, or DK or indeed anyone else for that matter., or that you have yet to have an original thought in your life, or even that you are not even a pawn in the greater game of chess here.

If CCC and their little friends NADC want to do favors for people, the senate is not the place to start breaking new ground.  Alliance members do not get sanctioned during alliance wars.  If it is however the new standard you want to bring to blue then you will find continuing resistance from Polaris.  Sanctions during war are not on the table on Blue Sphere.

The fact that both alliances involved in this treaty seem to think that sanctions are weapon to be used, not even directly for themselves, but for anyone who they want to curry favor with, do you really think that the rest of Blue doesn't need need to be aware how loose you are?

You don't seem to understand the idea of a senate sharing agreement, which is not surprising considering that you've probably never been able to work amicably with anyone in your entire life. You see, we agree to vote for their senator, and in exchange, they honor any senate related requests we have, including sanctions. So you see, when DK came to us and asked us if we could sanction some people in our sphere, we said, "Sure, we'll just go have our senator that we vote for along with another alliance take care of that for you". CCC as an alliance had nothing to do with this request, as the request came from us.

As far as doing favors for people, we were on the same side of a war, and although it was a fairly easy war, it was a war to protect our ally against unreasonable aggression (something I'm sure you know plenty about, being in Polar). The sanctions seemed justified considering the ridiculous CB Monsters Inc. used, so we asked that they be carried out. You are welcome to resist our actions as much as you like, but you will not control the actions of us or our fairly elected senator.

I think we are abundantly clear to the rest of the blue sphere on how we intend to use our senate seat, and any blue sphere alliance is welcome to come discuss it with us if they have any questions. I would go so far as to say that it is Polaris who is loose regarding senate seats. Or should we ignore the fact that you messaged our entire alliance requesting that we vote for your senators so you can control the majority of the senate and ensure that only choices that benefit you are made?

Trade sanctions on Blue have always been reserved for rogue actions, not alliance wars. The moment you started using it that way was the moment we lost confidence in your judgment and acted accordingly.

If you could please, provide the document we signed that binds us to this? Take your time. I'll wait.

The sanctions were placed for the reason that Lord Hitchcock released logs of a private conversation with a Doom Kingdom government official. It had nothing to do with the war and was enforced without controversy on every color sphere.

A big factor for Doom Kingdom was this particular log dump was clearly an attempt by a leader of an alliance involved in a long and heated war against an ally of ours to discredit a government member of OURS (note, not our ally) and possibly Doom Kingdom in general in the eye of another ally (again, an alliance NOT involved in this war) who is important to us AND to our security.  Essentially the log dump was meant to harm DK's reputation and thus was an form of attack against us.  Add to that the fact that Doom Kingdom was not a part of the war - an ally of Kashmir yes, but not involved or taking any official side.

Please, I know Grub loves to shut down any discussion that contradicts his narrative, but don't solely rely on Grub's creative interpretation of events for decision-making. It's horrifying to see the amount of influence he has in Polaris.

You don't seem to understand the idea of a senate sharing agreement, which is not surprising considering that you've probably never been able to work amicably with anyone in your entire life. You see, we agree to vote for their senator, and in exchange, they honor any senate related requests we have, including sanctions. So you see, when DK came to us and asked us if we could sanction some people in our sphere, we said, "Sure, we'll just go have our senator that we vote for along with another alliance take care of that for you". CCC as an alliance had nothing to do with this request, as the request came from us.

As far as doing favors for people, we were on the same side of a war, and although it was a fairly easy war, it was a war to protect our ally against unreasonable aggression (something I'm sure you know plenty about, being in Polar). The sanctions seemed justified considering the ridiculous CB Monsters Inc. used, so we asked that they be carried out. You are welcome to resist our actions as much as you like, but you will not control the actions of us or our fairly elected senator.

I think we are abundantly clear to the rest of the blue sphere on how we intend to use our senate seat, and any blue sphere alliance is welcome to come discuss it with us if they have any questions. I would go so far as to say that it is Polaris who is loose regarding senate seats. Or should we ignore the fact that you messaged our entire alliance requesting that we vote for your senators so you can control the majority of the senate and ensure that only choices that benefit you are made?

We already control the senate so that obviously wasn't the goal was it?  I know you are not the sharpest tool, but Polaris has an issue with your actions and we will continue to inform members of the blue team of what we regard as highly dubious justifications for such a powerful tool.  We have been very happy with the conduct of the Senate since it was introduced until this very situation.  Polaris has not had ''control'' of the senate for many years, if at all ever, and we are not seeking to control it now for any reason other than your conduct which we believe to be contrary to the best interests of blue. 

I know you were never a member of any kind of Blue coalition, although you did get to meet one, but Polaris does not consider your actions to be in the interests of blue nations specifically and in genera.  You can feel free to have a different opinion of course, but we will campaign against your senator (CCC) until you make assurances that you will not sanction an alliance member during an alliance war.  You say yourself that it was an easy war, so why did you need to resort to such thuggery?  You seem to be fairly smug about it for someone so very clearly in the wrong and using the helpless pacifists as your puppet is disgraceful at best.

Once again, CCC is the alliance who holds the senate position, they are the ones responsible for their senators actions and they have yet to present any justification for their senators actions.  I am not really interested in your version of events as you are neither the senator in question nor a member of the alliance to whom the questions have been put.  You are little more than white noise at this stage.

Also, as an aside, please don't send messages to us which contain threats of consequences, there is only so much laughter in all the world. 

The sanctions were placed for the reason that Lord Hitchcock released logs of a private conversation with a Doom Kingdom government official. It had nothing to do with the war and was enforced without controversy on every color sphere.

Please, I know Grub loves to shut down any discussion that contradicts his narrative, but don't solely rely on Grub's creative interpretation of events for decision-making. It's horrifying to see the amount of influence he has in Polaris.

I know this is difficult for you to understand, being that you are obsessed with your role as my greatest fanboy right now, but if LH was the offender why were there multiple sanctions placed?  I also note that no research was done before you sprouted the fact that there was no opposition, in fact even a cursory glance will see comments made against the sanction at the time by concerned members of the blue team.  Now the sanctions have been lifted and the war concluded, we are seeking clarification/justification, it is simple really. 

I am not sure what my influence at Polaris has to do with the argument?  I was horrified the whole time you were in Polaris, but it didn't seem to stop you arguing whatever it was that you have now backflipped on to Olympic standards.  Being an apologist for sanction thuggery seems a reach even for you but if this is who you are now, I trust you will be able to live with it.  It must be difficult to see the thousands of pages of drivel you posted now you have adopted the ''polar'' opposite views.

If you could please, provide the document we signed that binds us to this? Take your time. I'll wait.

There isn't one and you are not bound in any way to adhere to what has always been considered common sense. You made your choices, we made ours and there really isn't anything more to it.