GeniusInc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very timely topic.  I had some more ideas for you:

1.  SNX and Polar part ways;

2.  NAAC disbands;

3.  Emperor Charles was removed from power in a coup...

All joking aside, I don't see what the issue is.  If Polar can vote in 3 separate senators (to NATO's 1 and CCC's 1), and the combined forces of various alliances can't mount a political campaign for one of the 3 we took, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Surely other alliances have enough membership to get one person elected to senate, no?

Very timely topic.  I had some more ideas for you:

1.  SNX and Polar part ways;
2.  NAAC disbands;
3.  Emperor Charles was removed from power in a coup...

All joking aside, I don't see what the issue is.  If Polar can vote in 3 separate senators (to NATO's 1 and CCC's 1), and the combined forces of various alliances can't mount a political campaign for one of the 3 we took, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Surely other alliances have enough membership to get one person elected to senate, no?

Oh no issue on that they should put one together what so ever does help with other things thrown into the mix for sure.

Choosing to run 3 senators is not what we take offense to. Deliberately messaging our membership on *two separate occasions* (one asking us to vote for your senators, and a second deliberately telling our nations to vote for the wrong senators in an attempt to dilute our votes) is what we're upset about. Polaris leadership's devil-may-care attitude when approached about the issue certainly did not improve our opinions either.

Choosing to run 3 senators is not what we take offense to. Deliberately messaging our membership on *two separate occasions* (one asking us to vote for your senators, and a second deliberately telling our nations to vote for the wrong senators in an attempt to dilute our votes) is what we're upset about. Polaris leadership's devil-may-care attitude when approached about the issue certainly did not improve our opinions either.

If you can't control your members well enough that they fall for this kind of stuff, that may be a you problem.

If you can't control your members well enough that they fall for this kind of stuff, that may be a you problem.

I never said they did, and that is ignoring the point entirely. It is simply inappropriate to go around masquerading as another alliances government and sending their membership messages.

Isn't it amazing how the new Polar govt has turned three former allies (CCC, NADC, SNX) into what could be considered, at minimum, less than favorable relations? I love Polaris but that's a failure of diplomacy if there ever was one.

You have to break a few eggs to achieve your ideological goals. AlmightyGrub is a senate candidate that understands that. This is why everyone should vote AlmightyGrub. Hell, do it twice if you can!

This is what I heard throughout that entire audio file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

This made me laugh so hard!

We did indeed send them some information to help them. Your "devil-may-care" comment is wrong though. We care a great deal.

We did them a favour and with our help their alliance mustered up almost 20 votes! No gratitude...

I never said they did, and that is ignoring the point entirely. It is simply inappropriate to go around masquerading as another alliances government and sending their membership messages.

This is were you let yourself down. Show me an example of where we masqueraded anyone and I'll eat a slice of humble pie right here in public.

Isn't it amazing how the new Polar govt has turned three former allies (CCC, NADC, SNX) into what could be considered, at minimum, less than favorable relations? I love Polaris but that's a failure of diplomacy if there ever was one.

When I retired I did so knowing a new Government would have different FA goals and methods than my own. Watching years of work leave isn't fun but sticking to the same old formula equals stagnation. That's something I'd expect every competent alliance leader to understand. Eatem runs a different Polaris than I did and he's doing a good job of it. We are far from stagnant and ending some treaties sends the world a clear message, Polaris is open for business. The ministry of truth are filling his requirements quite well and there has been no failure.

You have to break a few eggs to achieve your ideological goals. AlmightyGrub is a senate candidate that understands that. This is why everyone should vote AlmightyGrub. Hell, do it twice if you can!

I bought a wonder just so I could!

Edited by Dajobo

I bought a wonder just so I could!

(9/9/2015 7:54:58 PM)  Dajobo voted for medic32 of Ecateca in the Blue team senate election. Utilizing Political Lobbyists, Dajobo allowed medic32 to receive 2 votes instead of the usual 1 vote.

The People will never forgive this betrayal, sir. You've lost our trust. hartfw doesn't even believe in the Easter Bunny anymore thanks to you.

Edited by Auctor

When I retired I did so knowing a new Government would have different FA goals and methods than my own. Watching years of work leave isn't fun but sticking to the same old formula equals stagnation. That's something I'd expect every competent alliance leader to understand. Eatem runs a different Polaris than I did and he's doing a good job of it. We are far from stagnant and ending some treaties sends the world a clear message, Polaris is open for business. The ministry of truth are filling his requirements quite well and there has been no failure.

Minc was a quick and bold move, one that I respect in many ways, but I'd personally love to see Polar pull something strategically upsetting like the SNX-Doom relationship. It would add credibility to Polaris being a rejuvenated force in FA, and I truly hope Polar becomes a winning force in the world again.

Edited by Immortan Junka

Do you ever get tired of making stuff up?  

In regard to the soured SNX relations, you said:

Actually the fault of this one is the Imperium's, though the membership was largely unaware of what had previously taken place.

You went on to say:

The last government in SNX was very corrupt and the membership has been learning all sorts of shenanigans that the prior government perpetrated. These actions included secret govt charter votes, improperly organized tech deals with Polar, the manner in which Imperium treaties with NADC and TSO were handled, and numerous other decisions which ruined the formerly strong relationship between Polar and SNX.

Your mouth must be tired, with you speaking from both sides of it so often...

Edited by Orville Reginbacher

Do you ever get tired of making stuff up?  

In regard to the soured SNX relations, you said:

You went on to say:

Your mouth must be tired, with you speaking from both sides of it so often...

No contradiction.

I left Polar to lead a revolution against the same corrupt government that scammed Polaris. After my recognized service in Polar, logically speaking, it would have been wise for Polar government to support my effort in installing a friendly and more efficient regime. The fact that SNX has proven successful under my leadership just showed that I was right in my prediction that SNX wasn't really dead.

Considering our better aid slot usage and political position, it is fair to say that cutting SNX as an ally (along with NADC and CCC) was a loss for Polaris. Even if it was just a small loss, multiple small losses add up.

Edited by Immortan Junka

No contradiction.

I left Polar to lead a revolution against the same corrupt government that scammed Polaris. After my recognized service in Polar, logically speaking, it would have been wise for Polar government to support my effort in installing a friendly and more efficient regime. The fact that SNX has proven successful under my leadership just showed that I was right in my prediction that SNX wasn't really dead.

Considering our better aid slot usage and political position, it is fair to say that cutting SNX as an ally (along with NADC and CCC) was a loss for Polaris. Even if it was just a small loss, multiple small losses add up.

Just thought I'd leave this here. 

7ecb5d07f2.b28ecc731b.Cvb6zm.jpg

No contradiction.

My question is when did NADC and polar have a treaty? If your going try and spin things please spin the facts. It's admirable that SNX still alive but don't let it go to much into your head.