Monsters University- Planet Bobs Fair and Balanced News Channel

Lord Hitchcock

monsters_logo_large.jpg

Starting August 17th:

I am honored to bring the common, tax paying nation on planet bob, access to the first unbiased media to our planet.

Allow me to Introduce you to:

Monsters Inc News: Fair and Balanced for an Unbalanced World

"I was a huge fan of the Apathy Report and listened to every episode, only problem is that its creator was a nation sitting in IRON and while I believe he did a great job- sometimes you just can't say what you want to." -L_H

Monsters Inc doesn't have that problem- our ties to the libertarians of CN allow us freedom of speech.

Pod Casts will be 7 minutes long and will air once a week- with tons of topics and special guests from all parts of bob..

"There will be heat and there will be passion! I guarantee it" -L_H

Edited: excluded screenshot dump idea- it seems as a general consensus that a podcast is a good idea for the community- instead I will monitor CNIntel for anything that looks good enough for news Edited by Lord Hitchcock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we're going through all the stages of meltdown here.

Step 1) start a war and insist you're absolutely in the right

Step 2) refuse to ever surrender

Step 3) insist you'll start a major spy ring

Step 4) ???????

Step 5) Profit!

I feel like we're going through all the stages of meltdown here.

Step 1) start a war and insist you're absolutely in the right

Step 2) refuse to ever surrender

Step 3) insist you'll start a major spy ring

Step 4) ???????

Step 5) Profit!

Actually our political climate makes this possible. As mentioned above, I really liked listening to the Apathy report- the only thing I didn't like is that it was somewhat bias. It wasn't his fault, he was an IRON nation- We don't have that type of tie down- and thus it's much easier to say things fairly and openly. 

meltdown? no

Opportunity (profit)? absolutely 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Actually he was in the NPO.

Two thing's I've taken from this, it's now occurred to you that information is POWER, real power, however how you use it is the true test, anything truly worth while that you get will either be disinformation\ or information somebody wants leaked for their own agenda, in either case manipulating an alliance these days and I don't care what they have there name on is not as easy as you think.

Fair and truly balanced would require you to be damn near neutral on all front's,( Think Edward R Murrow) from what I've witnessed this is an impossible task for you, hell any one here for that matter, but good luck

Edited by Freelancer

There's already cntel and that barely gets used.

This isn't going to go anywhere and will only alienate people who might have been quietly sympathizing with you. Leaking confidential screenshots does not do an alliance any favors nor does it actually restore power to the members of an alliance, if anything, government becomes even more restrictive with information as a result.

That picture is a double edged sword as well if you really stop and think about it.

Actually he was in the NPO.

Two thing's I've taken from this, it's now occurred to you that information is POWER, real power, however how you use it is the true test, anything truly worth while that you get will either be disinformation\ or information somebody wants leaked for their own agenda, in either case manipulating an alliance these days and I don't care what they have there name on is not as easy as you think.

Fair and truly balanced would require you to be damn near neutral on all front's, ( Think Edward R Murrow) from what I've witnessed this is an impossible task for you, hell any here for that matter, but good luck

You make a great point- and neutrality is the goal- who would we stand to profit for? hence why it's a great opportunity.

plus- what would we do with the log dumps? nothing- in fact, it's a 100% open membership- past friend or foe- it doesn't matter, we won't know who they are anyway.

it's a resource- and given our political climate, the most fair and balanced one on planet bob

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Meh. I don't have anything to hide. 

EDIT.

Where will your podcast be found?

i will upload the first few here, unless goberbashii doesn't mind them being tied into his amazing sanction race.

also- more micro coverage too! i'd love to have you on the show

Good luck with this, I look forward to hearing or reading the first installment. Its always been the news sources willing to reveal juicy information who have been able to keep my interest.

If you're looking for inspiration, the TWiP series (& Spin Offs) I always found interesting. If you haven't seen them already, maybe you should give them a read. I always found them much more interesting than the Apathy Report, since they were in somewhat of a similar position when creating them. Where they were willing to say what most weren't, but kept it entertaining.

This Week in Pacifica First Installment Feb 9th, 2009
TWiP 2
TWiP 3
This Week in Pacificontinuum
TWiP 5
TWiP: Presents this Week in Everywhere
TWiP April 7th, 2009
This Week in Os' World
This Week in the Network

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/This_Week_in_Pacifica

The Tattler was an Electron Sponge Production, who would sometimes collaborate with TWiP

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tattler

Personally I prefer publications I can read over ones I need to listen to, but I'll check yours out either way.

Breaking News!

Monsters and Co have mastered the art of pissing people off!  They will forever be irrelevant

I wish I would have quoted this before you edited out "pathetic". Because that housearrest, shows passion. And when nadc declared war on monsters inc verbally followed by four hours before the first actual war declaration, I would recommend nadc getting a little more "passionate".

But hey, we aren't out to appease governments and power players anyway- we are out to give light to the common nation sitting in their inactive aa for years asking "why am I still here" some activity fun.

Hence why a majority of our messages will have to be done on foot work- and involve the other 90% of nations on planet Bob Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Too lazy?

1) just shoot me a message and i'll post it in there confidentially.

This is from Sengoku's government channel.  Please make sure it doesn't track back to me.  Ideally, blame it on Argent.

HTycAK7.png

i will upload the first few here, unless goberbashii doesn't mind them being tied into his amazing sanction race.

also- more micro coverage too! i'd love to have you on the show

Sounds good to me. I would love to be on the show sometime. PM me in game or in IRC and let's set up a time.

I wish I would have quoted this before you edited out "pathetic". Because that housearrest, shows passion. And when nadc declared war on monsters inc verbally followed by four hours before the first actual war declaration, I would recommend nadc getting a little more "passionate".

Both words perfectly describe the state that M inc is in right now  :popcorn:

You guys at every opportunity have managed to piss people off, you've managed to insure that you will stay isolated in that tiny coalition of yours you formed,  watching this conflict has been very entertaining so I thank you for that.

You and I should do a surprise call in quest appearance, LH will you have an 800 number Franz and I can conference call into:p

Fair and balanced, I'd love to have you guys on the show

But hey, who knows- maybe the illuminati will tell the other side to shut the war down and surrender to the endless knowledge and wisdom that the Methmonster Aseir coalition have to offer.

Let's face it, Xanth would rather be nuked a hundred times over than to have to suffer another hundred pages of freedom, liberty and courage.

This plug could be pulled before it ever starts...

But hey... "The illuminati" doesn't exist.... Or do they? (Dun dun dun) Edited by Lord Hitchcock

There's already cntel and that barely gets used.
This isn't going to go anywhere and will only alienate people who might have been quietly sympathizing with you. Leaking confidential screenshots does not do an alliance any favors nor does it actually restore power to the members of an alliance, if anything, government becomes even more restrictive with information as a result.
That picture is a double edged sword as well if you really stop and think about it.

After thinking about it- I agree with you. It seems that the podcast idea is a good one and I don't want a good idea over-shadowed by a bad idea. Instead I will monitor CNtel and if anything relavent comes up, I'll share it. Also: edited the opening statement to reflect this