Tips on starting an alliance?

Gradea

Gradea, whatever you end up doing, I just want a written commitment in this thread that you won't do this:

My advice is to recruit a few fellow nations and then merge into Supernova X for an officers position.

True Story: I merged a micro into IAA in 2007 in return for a Moff of Imperial Communications position, a few months later I was Imperial Regent, then Emperor.

no matter what happens, don't listen to anyone. The hallmark of a successful micro alliance in this day and age is a tenacity and a blind believe in yourself no matter what.

Do whatever you want and do it your own way. That's your only chance. Don't copy anyone else's model.

Two important things you should definitely remember as you go forward.

Also, make a really cool flag.

Hey I'm from Kashmir. I am a diplomat so you should make an embassy here. Nice to meet you.

-Confocal

This guy is a troll and has no official position within Kashmir. If he says he does, he's trolling you.

This guy is a troll and has no official position within Kashmir. If he says he does, he's trolling you.

2sxa0Oh.png

This happened to me once. Anyways Gradea, sweet name since it kinda sounds like mine, the most important part is to just have the drive and commitment to do it. I am currently a founder and leader of a fun little micro. We certainly aren't anything like some of these bigger guys, but what we do have is a good core of very dedicated people and that has kept us alive to this day. If you want it bad enough you can do it. However, I would seriously recommend joining an alliance and learning from them. This game has a very steep learning curve. Any alliance that has posted here would probably be a good option(with mine being the best, duh).