Ramblings from the Imperial Rocking Chair

Dajobo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nation age is literally how long you've been experiencing the game, so yes it is? If you haven't experienced something, your knowledge on it will be limited. You can't speak from experience on anything from before your first nation was created.

Err I'm not even sure how your logic comes out here. Yes nation age is good but it is no the be all and end all of someone's experience. By god are you seriously that foolish. I can almost guarantee that someone who has been around less then a year but has taken a drive and insight into things how alliances game mechanics fa will have more knowledge then most 2000+ day old nations who haven't done much. That is where your logic is flawed at best. So please do go on to debunk my argument with morE foolishness.

More significantly, you'll find no comment at all on it from Polaris Government.

I am curious, has the idea that an alliance is only accountable for what government members post on the OWF (especially as an OP), as opposed to general membership, improved the quality of postings, made no difference to the quality of postings or harmed the quality of what is written in this public space?

Edited by White Chocolate

It'd be kinda hard for us not to be going up in flames if all our allies are. Our plan would generally be preventing the flames rather than seeking an exit route.

And I don't think it's fair to claim that the NPO doesn't burn NS in war. We lost 6.6m NS in the last one - highest after IRON for our side. And the wars before that were not kind for us either. Our advantage always lies in our ability to grow and bounce back, not in having fronts where we don't burn. We have after all more than doubled our NS in the last 6 months.

I'll concede you guys do your fair share in any fights you get involved in, but you guys know your capabilities better than anyone & are able to handle what you take on. I don't doubt you only keep treaties with the alliances you would defend, as long as they are on your side.

I didn't mean it as a negative, I meant it as a compliment to your efficiency & hard work. You guys have definitely earned the top spot again through hard work and careful planning. What sets NPO apart from many alliances is you have a clear purpose, to be the #1 alliance. You play to win and I  respect that.

Even if I'm more of the idealist type, I respect how good at the realpolitik style you guys are. I've had countless debates with Saber among others in Citadel who were of the realpolitik style of play, so I understand what it takes for an alliances who wants to be on the top.

IRON was a worthwhile investment, if there is ever a conflict between NPO Sphere & Doom Sphere; which side IRON takes would make a huge difference. So you lost a good amount of NS, but I think it was a calculated investment and you knew with your efficiency bouncing back wouldn't take long. Also your alliance with IRON gives you an indirect connection to Doom Sphere, so you don't need to fight them.They are among the strongest allies of Doom Sphere.

Umbrella was the strongest of that MK/GOONS/Umbrella Bloc which was the hegemony for a while, so you picked the best of the crop to bring into your sphere from there.

However you don't need to defend GOONS, TOP or Doom Sphere; only if you see victory do you need to back these allies in assisting their other treaty partners. You have a choice & the only way any of these sphere are likley to be in a losing war would be if they're at war with others within your sphere of power. While many alliances can barely plan one step ahead, you guys are planning many steps ahead.

So congrats on getting #1 again, you earned it. I remember Pre-Karma I fought you guys  by helping MK defend against you guys during the noCB War. Then in the Karma War I fought IRON.

Then Post-Karma when you guys were getting rolled by MK with noCB, I fought MK & ODN to defend you guys with no treaty and got a ribbon,

DHribbon2.png

So I've both seen you as an enemy Pre-Karma, then had sympathy for you guys Post-Karma when you guys were getting hit while down. So I've viewed NPO from may different perspectives over the years, but I've always respected your alliance. Your alliance has something most don't, which is a vision which drives you forward.

Edited by Methrage

This thread has been an absolutely delightful read.

Notable moments thus far:

- Polar's retirement home talks about cyclical hegemony as if this one is reaching its trough any time soon.
- Join MI6 because they're going to be calling the shots next war.
- Tywin defends his flop to DoomSphere as a courageous act to preserve the ImpPerioum(sp?).
- Methrage limits his nexus to number of days a nation has been on this world.

:popcorn:

There is literally no imaginable situation where you and I end up directly allied unless you mistakenly join Polaris and someone doesn't notice it is you.  We are, without being funny, polar opposites.  Everything you believe, I despise, everything I believe, you despise.  There is no middle ground, I hold you in contempt and vice versa.  So, unless this is some kind of fantasy parallel universe kind of deal, Polaris will not be signing a treaty with your micro alliance any time before Bob implodes. 

I will concede there are alliances currently allied, in a general sense to you, that we share some small commonality with, and that I could imagine with a lot of work signing a treaty with, but I am sure they would be alliances that we have once been closer to than now and not a player from the nether regions of Doomsphere's arse.  At this stage I am, unlike Dajobo, more than happy to stand tall with my middle digit proudly raised in your general direction, and await whatever machinations lie ahead.  We are immovable, we are immortal and we won't be developing an anarchist mantra just to be accepted by the ADHD kiddies.  Unlike most of your component alliances, we have been here through thick and thin and we see no need to continually splinter and reform into ever increasing offshoots with ever increasingly stupid names.  We have danced on the graves of \m/ V1 and we have danced on the graves of \m/ V2 we will dance on the graves of whatever comes next.

I am an antichrist....

It's true we're very unlikely to be direct allies, but it has a lot more to do with my being critical of NpO and supporting wars against Polarsphere than it does with NpO being above association with 'evil' alliances. Which is why your members (and at least one certain ex-Emperor) need to stop acting like you're special. You're not. Except perhaps, in the special way. *pats Grub on the head* :v:

It's true we're very unlikely to be direct allies, but it has a lot more to do with my being critical of NpO and supporting wars against Polarsphere than it does with NpO being above association with 'evil' alliances. Which is why your members (and at least one certain ex-Emperor) need to stop acting like you're special. You're not. Except perhaps, in the special way. *pats Grub on the head* :v:

You rate yourself pretty highly i notice for someone who has achieved pretty much nothing except riding on the coat tails of others.  I am always happy to get direct criticism from passengers, but it is unlikely that it will influence the way I drive. 

If Polaris is so unimportant in the great scheme of things, why do we figure so greatly in your plans?  If we pose no threat, why bother us?  If we are not significant, why even condescend to make us the central target of every war?  I have made no secret of my position regarding your side of the web stretching back many many years, both at the top of the cycle and exactly the same when we find ourselves at the bottom.  I despise you and I always will. I have no desire to be special, I just desire to be what I have chosen to be.  The fact that you find it objectionable makes it all the more worthwhile.

I don't think anarchism means what you think it means.

/me calls upon the spirit of Elusef

I am pretty sure I understand the concepts of anarchy... and I also understand what anarchy becomes once the initial fervor runs out.  Please stop trying to appear more intelligent than you really are. 

Edited by AlmightyGrub

Well for once I agree with Grub, especially on that last part there. Strange that lately I've found myself agreeing with Grub and Dakota, two players that I've loathed for quite sometime now. Well I don't know what else to do with this disaster, so I'm just going to go with something someone wise once told me: "when in doubt, drink like a fish. You'll find things are much more interesting and funny that way"

And before anyone asks me, no you can't have any! :p

If we are not significant, why even condescend to make us the central target of every war?

Not even you could seriously believe that Polar have been beaten down in every single war ever, so stop pretending that you have. It doesn't make people pity you.

I am pretty sure I understand the concepts of anarchy... and I also understand what anarchy becomes once the initial fervor runs out.  Please stop trying to appear more intelligent than you really are. 

The world in which we operate is one of international anarchy, and ultimately, ordered anarchy (alliances, the treaty web and the relationships that develop between alliances). Anarchism is not some teenage angsty rebellion against "the man."

Trying to drive your own alliance into the ground because you want policy to reflect your personal distaste for myself or anyone else is not anarchism, it is idiocy. Maybe you should take a page from what Letum says about not holding grudges rather than wasting your energy fuming at how the world doesn't reflect your ego.

At least my ego is able to adapt to reality. Edited by Immortan Junka

You rate yourself pretty highly i notice for someone who has achieved pretty much nothing except riding on the coat tails of others.  I am always happy to get direct criticism from passengers, but it is unlikely that it will influence the way I drive. 

If Polaris is so unimportant in the great scheme of things, why do we figure so greatly in your plans?  If we pose no threat, why bother us?  If we are not significant, why even condescend to make us the central target of every war?  I have made no secret of my position regarding your side of the web stretching back many many years, both at the top of the cycle and exactly the same when we find ourselves at the bottom.  I despise you and I always will. I have no desire to be special, I just desire to be what I have chosen to be.  The fact that you find it objectionable makes it all the more worthwhile.

You sure act like you think Polar is special. You act as if Polaris is above things that it clearly is NOT above. You glorify your accomplishments because your alliance had more pixels. I must have missed it when Polar alone fundamentally changed the world.

Anyway, stop harassing SNX for signing with what was once their enemy and we won't have an issue. I mean, really.. you think SNX has a lot of options? NpO just dropped them, I doubt NPO was going to sign with them. They were being raided relentlessly. Real moral high-ground you got there..

The holier than thou vibe Polar's been giving off since Disorder is perhaps a large reason as to why you find yourself at the wrong end of the sword. You are not inherently better than anyone who plays this game, so leave the high horse and play the game, whether in your own corner or otherwise.

DBDC are like the rest of the alliances in the blob who can’t move without NPO’s ok and while individually huge, collectively are far too small to be a danger.

I find that hard to believe, DBDC are very capable and have a vast connection of allied nations in the top 50 and 100.

DBDC trashed NpO and WTF, you definitely won't see anyone looking to oppose them if they do something naughty. Ok there is other alliances growing strong top tiers but to oppose DBDC is to throw your top tier down the drain. 

But hey I wasn't paying attention to this game for the last years, maybe everything has changed and the top 250 isn't completely one sided. I doubt it however, when push comes to shove I think it is still the case. 

Edited by Commander shepard

The holier than thou vibe Polar's been giving off since Disorder is perhaps a large reason as to why you find yourself at the wrong end of the sword. You are not inherently better than anyone who plays this game, so leave the high horse and play the game, whether in your own corner or otherwise.

Nah that's not true. We're all certainly better than you. =)

Nah that's not true. We're all certainly better than you. =)

If that's what you need to tell yourself in order to feel better.

And I'll correct myself on that last post, the holier than thou vibe that most of your active OWF posters give off.

being a 'newer nation- 500 days old' I've spent a lot of time reading up on the wiki pages. Kills me to have to agree with alexio and he's right, active players learn more than old inactive players.

The orders story- from what ive heard and read about is one of the most fascinationing histories of planet Bob.

The fact that one man created NPO, NpO and even NSO is astounding.

If there was a time to live on planet Bob- I would have loved to have been here when NpO was formed on blue to oust NAAC(?). Not sure of the method or the reasoning of the politics of the time but what I've heard was that rather than ousting NAAC what enevitably happened was NAAC members became polar members.

Was this why Pacifica's Emperor broke the "Ordinance of Orders" which I read was a non cancelled treaty that was actually cancelled?

Was that the bad blood between NPO and NpO?

And one more thing- the same guy who founded two thriving alliances returns to Bob and doesn't rejoin either and then creates the sith order? Was there reason he wasn't involved with polar or Pacifica upon his return? It seems like he could have lived a good life in either alliance he founded..

And back on topic- will the two orders (well three) ever align again?

Wait, is Polar really giving Tywin a hard time over signing a past enemy when they were so smug about that TOP treaty?  The grief between NpO and TOP was the stuff of legends, and you managed to get around that ffs.

The fact that one man created NPO, NpO and even NSO is astounding.

That is of course, blatantly not correct.

Founding members of NPO's branch into Bob were: Karpathos · RedCommunist · Ivan Moldavi · Koona · TrotskysRevenge · Vladimir · Iosef · LordValentine · Dilber

They held a poll for the first Emperor- Ivan Moldavi won. Though, he wasn't a single founder.

NpO was created by NPO-- its Imperial staff. Again, there was no single person founder. At the time Ivan Moldavi was the emperor of NPO, though that again doesn't make him a single creator.

The only alliance that Ivan actually created was NSO.

Anything other on that matter, is false history.

Edited by Branimir

Not even you could seriously believe that Polar have been beaten down in every single war ever, so stop pretending that you have. It doesn't make people pity you.

Every war since Karma with the exception of eQ and Disorder has seen NpO as either the main target or included in the core group.

eQ arguably was the only war where Polaris wasn't a target. Disorder, before it ever became a war, was the direct result of many alliances actively plotting to roll Polar while ignoring the Hegemony.

Polaris finally was presented with an opportunity to not be on the receiving end of a curbstomp and signed with TOP. Unfortunately for themselves, they failed or refused to maintain that vital tie and now the old Doomsphere alliances are safely on NPO's leash.

I often wonder how differently the world would be if we had united again after eQ to grind the supernations of the old doomsphere back into normal range instead of trying to roll Polaris for no perceivable reason (again).

Every war since Karma with the exception of eQ and Disorder has seen NpO as either the main target or included in the core group.

eQ arguably was the only war where Polaris wasn't a target. Disorder, before it ever became a war, was the direct result of many alliances actively plotting to roll Polar while ignoring the Hegemony.

Polaris finally was presented with an opportunity to not be on the receiving end of a curbstomp and signed with TOP. Unfortunately for themselves, they failed or refused to maintain that vital tie and now the old Doomsphere alliances are safely on NPO's leash.

I often wonder how differently the world would be if we had united again after eQ to grind the supernations of the old doomsphere back into normal range instead of trying to roll Polaris for no perceivable reason (again).

Bi-Polar, NpO wasn't the target. Though they moved to the top of many a shitlist after that. It's a big part of why they were rolled later. It's why TOP & NpO were legendary enemies. Until NpO gave in and allied TOP for power & security, of course.