What alliance should one join

yuuty

My advice is to look at which alliances catch your eye and then research them to make a informed decision.
If you're looking for a diverse and close knit community I would suggest looking at the North Atlantic Defense Coalition.

Edited by XxHouseArrestXx

You... you know that's the entire reason DK signed you right? That and for the lulz?

If that was the reason we would be being exploited by 9/300 rates instead of 18/300. We are slowly building a military elite and I for one will be glad to lend my new comrades in DK the assistance of my davy crockett nukes anytime they are needed. Edited by Immortan Junka

There are a lot of good choices it seems, but I am not sure whether I want to join one of the top alliances or a smaller one.

Small alliances are risky.  Big you know who has a target. you also want mass (as opposed to eleat) if your asking  Leaving out NpO and Mi6 as targeted you shuld look at NPO, Iron, GPA (if you don't like war),  VE, or ODN.

yuuty,

SInce no one else has posted it yet, the Cybernations Wiki is a good place to do research on alliances, especially if you're worried about people trying to recruit you rather than give impartial advice.

I will give one recommendation of my own though: join a large alliance. You can leave later on if you find out it's not your thing or that a particular small alliance seems like the coolest group to be with, but new players often don't do well in smaller alliances simply because smaller alliances are less structured than large ones by nature of their size. There are fewer people on hand to mentor new players and their economic and military systems typically run a little more informally. The top ten alliances is a good list to pick from; the recommendations so far in this thread (at least the alliances whose ranks are that high) are generally the most common destinations for new players.

Hope that helped!

Edited by Edward I

There are a lot of good choices it seems, but I am not sure whether I want to join one of the top alliances or a smaller one.

Smaller alliances tend to be more prone to inactivity. That's not to say they all go inactive, but it's easier to lose interest.

Personally, I like the NpO for the awesome community. It also has a fairly active group of members that will help to keep you engaged and enjoying what's left to be enjoyed of this game if you wish to be a part of that. There's always something to do at Polaris if you want to help out. The same is true for other alliances as well, of course. All the same, come check us out. =)

• 2 weeks later...