Euraisa is out of control

Didn't TDO/Avengers or someone try to hold D1 down into a war at the start of the round? That could be the seed that started all this hate. 

When will people learn that might is right in this game? All this bull about violating unwritten gentlemanly rules is entertaining. The sooner people learn that you need to stop trusting other people to do the right thing, the better off we'll all be. There is absolutely no place for morality in this world. 

Really there is only one way to solve this--straight up blood feud that lasts at least a third of next round. None of the 5 days and peace nonsense. Put your money where your mouth is and fight to the death.

I agree with yet again. I do love the hate and feud though

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't TDO/Avengers or someone try to hold D1 down into a war at the start of the round? That could be the seed that started all this hate. 

When will people learn that might is right in this game? All this bull about violating unwritten gentlemanly rules is entertaining. The sooner people learn that you need to stop trusting other people to do the right thing, the better off we'll all be. There is absolutely no place for morality in this world. 

Really there is only one way to solve this--straight up blood feud that lasts at least a third of next round. None of the 5 days and peace nonsense. Put your money where your mouth is and fight to the death.

King James, I've been watching your merry journey to the dark side for years now. it's really bewildering, considering what you've chosen to tell me in the past.

King James, I've been watching your merry journey to the dark side for years now. it's really bewildering, considering what you've chosen to tell me in the past.

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural immoral

Hey Kong been a while, how you been?

As to Kingjames going to the dark side all I have to say
Is its about time. I have been trying to pull him over forever.

Well D1 is keeping it real, we will see what works out as Mega Edition heads to an impact end.  Gaming is a skill strategy hobby interests we all enjoy.  For those caught up in misery sorry for your lose, happiness is something from inside and others cant ever take it away from you.  Grief gets more miserable as you try and make excuses.

Just say'en

Well D1 is keeping it real, we will see what works out as Mega Edition heads to an impact end.  Gaming is a skill strategy hobby interests we all enjoy.  For those caught up in misery sorry for your lose, happiness is something from inside and others cant ever take it away from you.  Grief gets more miserable as you try and make excuses.
Just say'en

I swear, it's like you are copying the text from random fortune cookies.

Well, the person you talked to years ago was a kid for lack of a better term. Optimistic, naive, and believed that everyone was capable of good. These days I'm still optimistic (our best days are still ahead!) but not nearly as naive, and while I believe most people are capable of good...I know everyone is capable of bad.

Was there really any good in me brokering world peace all those times and seeking good wars while others were willing to cut any and everyone down for a flag? All I know is I have no problem at all getting in the mud in this world anymore. The thought that alliances can rise above it and keep their hands clean is an allusion at best. 

I'm a mature person, so you may call me naive if you like. My soul is not for sale though.

Sadly, everyone has a price imo, the trick is never confronting a situation that makes you realize what your price is.

Who's in the market for souls in TE though? This is all about being part of the winning team. We've all been engaged in questionable wars and actions. I'm not sure people run to wars for moral reasons. I mean, Eurasia as going to be completely shut out if they didn't do something. I'm sure that was a motivating factor. 

But enough philosophy (I miss those talks). Kill kill kill!  :popcorn:

Hey Kong been a while, how you been?

As to Kingjames going to the dark side all I have to say
Is its about time. I have been trying to pull him over forever.

I'm fine thanks..and Paul -maybe it might be surprise for some, but you have some ironclad principles which I respect.

Edit. I see what you mean D1 did hit Eurasia while they were fighting NdO. In both cases both parties were wrong but at least in the first D1 was trying to right what they percieved a wrong. What wrong is Eurasia righting? TDo and avengers are kicking D1's ass so the Eurasia war is a definate dogpile. In any event like I said I dont care.

Hola.

Just to answer this one: The wrong they are righting is hypocrisy. When D1 declared on Eurasia for hitting NDO just out of war, Cowboy was adamant that ten days should have been given, or at the very least six. Now I am not saying D1 should not have stepped in to defend NDO - this much I agree with.

However, after declaring a war in the name of this grace period, they then went on to break their own rule, and hit TDO five days out of war. Eurasia are understandably mad that they were rolled for values that Cowboy clearly does not hold himself accountable to.

I think if you go back to their war thread you'll see that's not exactly what happened.

You can see in my war history's first two wars the rogues d1 sent after me. Both nations were destroyed at same time, and The Doom of Occatta was confirmed and admitted to be Danerys Targaryen, who was banned from se for multis. Counting the one hitting TDO, at least 3 nations were destroyed at the same time. We all know what that means. That's how d1 does things.

Our alliance trains new nations to cn who have little to no war experience. I can give you a list of nations d1 & d2 drove away. You think that's good for te? Only an idiot thinks so. No one plays something that's not any fun. Being killed in a massive down declare is no fun at all and it drives both promising new players and vets away. Why play if it's no fun?

Cowpie bragged about that wonderful new strategy they had come up with, the massive down declare. Well they weren't the first, they were just the only scumbags who pull that type of crap. I don't see any other alliances this round who did except d1 and d2.

Do you want te to be place full of massive non competitive down declares? That is the slippery slope we are headed towards if they are allowed to keep doing what they do. Few people will bother to play that.

I hope they burn to the ground. It's what they deserve. And it sets an example for anyone who wants to do what they do.

To further support Blacklight's comment there, I received this message from one of the Krabz members who was hit during the curbstomp at the beginning of the round:

And as one of the newbies in question, I can confirm that was a total d*ck move and if I had less to prove I would've been gone. I came very close at one point to just deciding that mayyyybe I didn't have the patience and skill for this game. And given the number of Krabz nations that idled out after that I wasn't the only one.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Fata1ity tried to argue that this end-round war of ours was driving people away, but there are two key differences.

1. D1 and D2 are both far more experienced alliances than Krabz or FF, and their members are less likely to be people experiencing their very first round. The same can't be said for the victims of that curbstomp. For many, that was their only experience in TE. Can you blame them for wanting to quit?

2. This is happening at the very end of the round, whereas their curbstomp was at the beginning. All nations will be gone within a week and a half. When they attacked, they had every intention of destroying TDO and everyone that housed former TDO members. D1 and D2 handicapped Krabz and FF from the very start.

Fata1ity also told me this:

Newbie alliances are always getting rolled. Using newbies as an excuse for the war being underhanded is a old excuse.

This is the problem. This is the plague.

We are playing a dying game. Numbers in SE get less every year, and with them, TE drops too. Rolling newbies, while good for xp and alliance stats, is a practice that must end. We need to welcome them to the game, not make their only experience a negative one that will send them away from us. Nurture them, guide them, make them into warriors that you would happily stand with or against.

This war is righteous, for we are taking down a virus that would ruin the game for everyone.

Consider it justice.

I was a newbie this round with close to zero understanding of how the game worked and I was welcomed into Krabz by Blacklight and team. I was genuinely excited; here was a community of people like me, all learning the game, all around the same level - it took away the nerves because we were all bound to make mistakes as we learnt. I met some players who had undeniable potential and yet a lot of them aren't here anymore, purely because of a war that we had no idea how to fight.

Everyone was new to this game once, it's a fact. I was one of the determined ones who weren't willing to let the curbstomp deter us. I want to be able to speak of my first round when I talk to new players in 4 or 5 rounds time, like some of the great mentors I have been lucky enough to come across have done. But the game needs players to survive, and if this keeps happening it's only going to drive people away.

Not everybody is strong enough to carry on and not to crumble ..so, yes, I'll leave you there.

Not sure what you are saying there.

I think if you go back to their war thread you'll see that's not exactly what happened.

You can see in my war history's first two wars the rogues d1 sent after me. Both nations were destroyed at same time, and The Doom of Occatta was confirmed and admitted to be Danerys Targaryen, who was banned from se for multis. Counting the one hitting TDO, at least 3 nations were destroyed at the same time. We all know what that means. That's how d1 does things.

Our alliance trains new nations to cn who have little to no war experience. I can give you a list of nations d1 & d2 drove away. You think that's good for te? Only an idiot thinks so. No one plays something that's not any fun. Being killed in a massive down declare is no fun at all and it drives both promising new players and vets away. Why play if it's no fun?

Cowpie bragged about that wonderful new strategy they had come up with, the massive down declare. Well they weren't the first, they were just the only scumbags who pull that type of crap. I don't see any other alliances this round who did except d1 and d2.

Do you want te to be place full of massive non competitive down declares? That is the slippery slope we are headed towards if they are allowed to keep doing what they do. Few people will bother to play that.

I hope they burn to the ground. It's what they deserve. And it sets an example for anyone who wants to do what they do.

Congrats on bringing new nations into TE. I totally agree that we need people who are willing to come and play the game. I'm just not sure I buy the argument that if we just left new alliances alone that everything would be hunky dory and we'd have more people here. Curbstomps are objectively bad, but an equal war with an alliance with experience can be equally as brutal, especially early into a TE career. The fact of the matter is (imo) the people we want here are people who are going to be determined enough to stay not just when they have 7, 14, 21 day of peace, but people who will get mad and actually care when they encounter setbacks.  

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, but to be clear, no, I don't think curbstomps should be a fact of life. You don't see TPC going around and screwing over people or sticking its nose in other people's affairs. I prefer to think its because that's just good business.

Maybe I'm old, but I just roll my eyes when people come in here and with the same righteous indignation we've seen for eons try to spin some localized threat they are facing as some existential threat to TE. I've been around the block plenty. There are only a hand full of threats where I really thought TE was in trouble if people didn't do something.

Maybe OWF has a role in rallying people, but really the answer is to do what you're doing--get in the trenches and kill. Burn everything to the ground and let your opponent know you'd rather burn for an entire round than live under their thumb. The smart alliances learn not to eff with you :p 

I was a newbie this round with close to zero understanding of how the game worked and I was welcomed into Krabz by Blacklight and team. I was genuinely excited; here was a community of people like me, all learning the game, all around the same level - it took away the nerves because we were all bound to make mistakes as we learnt. I met some players who had undeniable potential and yet a lot of them aren't here anymore, purely because of a war that we had no idea how to fight.

Everyone was new to this game once, it's a fact. I was one of the determined ones who weren't willing to let the curbstomp deter us. I want to be able to speak of my first round when I talk to new players in 4 or 5 rounds time, like some of the great mentors I have been lucky enough to come across have done. But the game needs players to survive, and if this keeps happening it's only going to drive people away.

I like you. We're really talking about an extreme scenario here though. As long as I've been around, the top 2 reasons why people don't stay here are #1--this requires far more time and effort than SE to be good and #2--this world is more volatile and things don't always go your way. 

There is no magic solution to effectively integrate new players. They are going to take serious and sometimes vicious lumps no matter where they are and how long they are at peace. The key I've found is to keep encouraging them and letting them know that we've all been there. Those that really want to be here will be here. 

I figured I would end on a positive note since I only inflamed things with my last post ;)

Not sure what you are saying there.

Congrats on bringing new nations into TE. I totally agree that we need people who are willing to come and play the game. I'm just not sure I buy the argument that if we just left new alliances alone that everything would be hunky dory and we'd have more people here. Curbstomps are objectively bad, but an equal war with an alliance with experience can be equally as brutal, especially early into a TE career. The fact of the matter is (imo) the people we want here are people who are going to be determined enough to stay not just when they have 7, 14, 21 day of peace, but people who will get mad and actually care when they encounter setbacks.  

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, but to be clear, no, I don't think curbstomps should be a fact of life. You don't see TPC going around and screwing over people or sticking its nose in other people's affairs. I prefer to think its because that's just good business.

Maybe I'm old, but I just roll my eyes when people come in here and with the same righteous indignation we've seen for eons try to spin some localized threat they are facing as some existential threat to TE. I've been around the block plenty. There are only a hand full of threats where I really thought TE was in trouble if people didn't do something.

Maybe OWF has a role in rallying people, but really the answer is to do what you're doing--get in the trenches and kill. Burn everything to the ground and let your opponent know you'd rather burn for an entire round than live under their thumb. The smart alliances learn not to eff with you :P

I like you. We're really talking about an extreme scenario here though. As long as I've been around, the top 2 reasons why people don't stay here are #1--this requires far more time and effort than SE to be good and #2--this world is more volatile and things don't always go your way. 

There is no magic solution to effectively integrate new players. They are going to take serious and sometimes vicious lumps no matter where they are and how long they are at peace. The key I've found is to keep encouraging them and letting them know that we've all been there. Those that really want to be here will be here. 

I figured I would end on a positive note since I only inflamed things with my last post ;)

You have a good attitude.

I'll bow to experience here; if you say curbstomps aren't the main reason they flee, then that is so. However, it is assumed that they exacerbate the situation.

I'll refrain from righteous posting now. I've said my piece on why this war is happening. Some of you will see it and agree with our reasons, and others will condemn us. But we will stay in these trenches and we will kill, as long as we have to.

I'm prepared to burn to prove our point. Are D1 and D2?

You have a good attitude.

I'll bow to experience here; if you say curbstomps aren't the main reason they flee, then that is so. However, it is assumed that they exacerbate the situation.

I'll refrain from righteous posting now. I've said my piece on why this war is happening. Some of you will see it and agree with our reasons, and others will condemn us. But we will stay in these trenches and we will kill, as long as we have to.

I'm prepared to burn to prove our point. Are D1 and D2?

It doesn't help for sure, but there have been times where we've gone up against a new alliance in an equal fight statistically only to have to peace out because it got so ugly. A lot of new members just can't handle the bloodbath TE can be sometimes, good wars or not. If people or alliances could choose an update time (just a time when they can redeploy and collect) I think that would change the game. A lot of people are screwed by the time they wake up because folks have already run quads. If people could get theirs in at a convenient time for them, these wars would be profoundly more competitive IMO. 

Edited by King James XVIII

I concur with Kingjames, though some things are considered bad in the end might makes right. Sometimes to prove a point a good old fashioned perma war is needed believe me I have been in a few. The battlefield solves everything.

Whether cirbstomps are driving new players out or not has been debated multiple times but from my experience players will stay or go no matter what. I have seen both circumstances in both good and bad times. Some just do not want to learn, some just do not care in the end the actions of some have an effect but who can say if those players were planning on leaving anyway.

As long as it takes....

:war:

Again, your pathetic warchests won't allow for that.

Also let me shed some more light on D1 and D2's hypocrisy. Earlier in this thread, mitten said they had seen the biggest down declares against them... Well I was just declared on by someone twice my size and he managed to incite govt propaganda. You scared? Yeah.. You scared.

Again, your pathetic warchests won't allow for that.

Also let me shed some more light on D1 and D2's hypocrisy. Earlier in this thread, mitten said they had seen the biggest down declares against them... Well I was just declared on by someone twice my size and he managed to incite govt propaganda. You scared? Yeah.. You scared.

He's Eurasia, not D1/D2 :P

Eurasia has broken the moral gentlemen's agreement of TE... it's time for us to save the round from unethical bullies..

o/ Defcon
o/ RE

Lol, you have no room to talk Mit, you have shoved REs name in the dirt all round. Breaking community rules one after the other. To think I use to believe you stood for something, Morals and a fair fight if nothing else. I helped bring RE into existence, many rounds ago and they have never been a heavy hitter, but they always had morals, integrity and a bunch of good peeps...Kiwi, giggs, staccs, just to name a few. But you have ran RE into the ground, and sadly you members will suffer for your conduct.

Where have you been man?? No at the start of the round RE and D1 pulled a curbstomp move, they were given peace.
They then attacked Eurasia when they hit NDO, the war was almost a round long war but I got it peaced.

Then you guys and US/TDO had a war 10 days after our war with D1 and RE and they hit us again 4-5 days out of war with you.

My opinion as well as most in TE, D1 and RE have no place to complain about this and really deserve it.
But the Truth is, TDO and TA were killing them and we didn't need anyone to jump in even though they deserve every bit of this.

With that said, I've never been one to dog pile or curbstomp anyone, especially longer than the original wars ending,even if they deserve it.

BG

Edit** might never makes right, it makes it possible for that specific alliance to do wrong and be asshats, but it never makes the immoral actions by the alliance right. I think every leader in this game has a reasonable responsibility to play fair. That's not to say that someone still won't get mad because they got attacked, or that they feel the odds were not close enough, but at least you and you gov know you did your best to give a honest and fair war, to keep it fun, and keep good sportsmanship. Edited by Burning Glory