Beware of “thought exercises”

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who thinks that is so certain that they are right that fear never entered the equation. They just hate that they can't touch Junka as long as DK is protecting them. Or worse, they may be called in to protect Junka. DK might elicit fear. Junka does not. Yet.

I agree with you, that people may be underestimating our Hawaiian dictator. Why? Well, there's two reasons:

1. He actually showed a bit of humor towards the end of the raids. A man who laughs while his house burns down around him is not a man who will lie down lightly.

2. He has only posted twice in this thread. TWICE. In a thread completely about SNX and where he is being bounced around like a tennis ball. This is a level of restraint that I did not think he was capable of.

If you had asked me last year whether either of those things would have ever happened, I would have told you "No". It's possible that he's actually maturing as a leader. Or he could be muzzled. Or just busy and will backslide soon. But just the possibility, man, that's pretty mind-blowing.

Then I see we agree for the most part. 

Was actual cash taken then tech not delivered, or was it a case of those tech deals not being accepted? Going through the quagmire of the previous SNX government's thoughts on this matter has been illuminating, but that particular point eludes from this side. I can find no record of who took the cash and ran. Most likely those records are now long lost to us, if they ever existed in the first place. If such a list is available, I'd be grateful for the opportunity to see it.

There were failings of leadership in that period. Because the government was so insular and opaque, the general membership had the impression it was just an option, and no need to move away from our own deals. It would have been enforced eventually and if the need arises, is something I recall the previous Emperor saying, but it never got that far as we more or less went dormant.

This a new leadership and a new outlook, and we are committed to this new treaty. We will make this work.

Seeing as this was never properly addressed, allow me to clarify for you. Polaris documents absolutely every tech deal that it handles. Therefore, we have evidence of every single person we sent cash to, who among them accepted, who among them declined and even which of our number were the ones to send the tech cash. If SNX doesn't feel the need for such documentation, then that's all fine I suppose. But it's not how we operate. There is absolutely no doubt that multiple SNXers accepted our cash, and that not a shred of tech was sent back.

Tywin has already approached me for a list of people that took our cash, and I have sent it to him. I believe White Chocolate has also received this list from Tywin as well. I don't think I can be any more clear than that, so I'll leave it at this. Edited by hadesflames

There is absolutely no doubt that multiple SNXers accepted our cash, and that not a shred of tech was sent back.

Tywin has already approached me for a list of people that took our cash, and I have sent it to him. I believe White Chocolate has also received this list from Tywin as well. I don't think I can be any more clear than that, so I'll leave it at this.

This is correct.  I've talked to both NpO government and Immortan Junka regarding this matter.  Everyone agrees that money was provided to SNX nations for tech and that the tech was never provided in return.  We asked for and received the list of nations involved. 

Learning this, I did what most people in my position would do and offered to work with NpO to resolve the matter.  Doom Kingdom is not interested in protecting a group that has unresolved issues with another alliance.  NpO VERY graciously informed me that they consider the matter closed and would just take the loss in revenue.  Frankly, Doom Kingdom would not be so kind given the same set of facts.  SNX is, once again, lucky.  Their former allies treated them more than reasonably.  Hail NpO! :D

Edited by White Chocolate

This is correct.  I've talked to both NpO government and Immortan Junka regarding this matter.  Everyone agrees that money was provided to SNX nations for tech and that the tech was never provided in return.  We asked for and received the list of nations involved. 

Learning this, I did what most people in my position would do and offered to work with NpO to resolve the matter.  Doom Kingdom is not interested in protecting a group that has unresolved issues with another alliance.  NpO VERY graciously informed me that they consider the matter closed and would just take the loss in revenue.  Frankly, Doom Kingdom would not be so kind given the same set of facts.  SNX is, once again, lucky.  Their former allies treated them more than reasonably.  Hail NpO! :D

I don't know how to word this, because I am torn myself, but I will reaffirm "Their former allies treated them reasonably. Hail Npo!" Polar does plenty wrong, but they are strong in some aspects. I respect that about them, even if I very much strongly disagree.

Seeing as this was never properly addressed, allow me to clarify for you. Polaris documents absolutely every tech deal that it handles. Therefore, we have evidence of every single person we sent cash to, who among them accepted, who among them declined and even which of our number were the ones to send the tech. If SNX doesn't feel the need for such documentation, then that's all fine I suppose. But it's not how we operate. There is absolutely no doubt that multiple SNXers accepted our cash, and that not a shred of tech was sent back.

Tywin has already approached me for a list of people that took our cash, and I have sent it to him. I believe White Chocolate has also received this list from Tywin as well. I don't think I can be any more clear than that, so I'll leave it at this.

I too have now seen the list. I wasn't so much saying it didn't happen, more that from what I could find on our end, I couldn't find the details of what took place, and who scarpered without paying their dues. While it was clear something untoward did happen, I was unsure of specifics and was reluctant to condemn any SNX members without knowing the exact nature of what happened. The list has cleared things up.  I would have called the absence of records an unfortunate oversight on the part of the previous government, if it wasn't for the fact that there are names on that list who were at the time at a governmental level.

I am grateful for the list, and thank you for it. While SNX certainly must and for my part does take responsibility for this, as the nations who did this were under our banner, blame also lies with the individual nations. Most of the transgressors left during Shark Week. In that, I thank the sharks for ridding us of some of our biggest liabilities. There are a couple still in SNX. Their fate for the moment is undecided, and I will be pushing for those left to present a full account of their actions. NpO deserved far better than we allowed these individuals to give them, and while they very graciously have closed the matter, it is still a stain on SNX's reputation (what little remains of it), and one that may never be fully removed. They have treated us far better than we as an alliance deserve, and far better than we have treated them. I am grateful for their generosity in closing the matter, and for giving us the names of those responsible.

It is now incumbent upon us to show that we as an alliance are no longer to be defined by the actions of those individuals, and Doom Kingdom have given us a chance that we had no right to expect. I am going to do my utmost to ensure that the opportunity given isn't squandered.

Frankly, Doom Kingdom would not be so kind given the same set of facts.  SNX is, once again, lucky.  Their former allies treated them more than reasonably.  Hail NpO! :D

They have treated us far better than we as an alliance deserve, and far better than we have treated them. I am grateful for their generosity in closing the matter, and for giving us the names of those responsible.

Geez, how much tech was it?

Even if it was several thousand, SNX was mostly made of loyal Polar satellites. They, by choice, sacrificed much over the years following NpO's lead. Waiving a rather small amount of debt is the least any half-decent alliance could do (and extremely common), especially after leaving them to the wolves as they did. Let's not forget the big picture here. :)

I too have now seen the list. I wasn't so much saying it didn't happen, more that from what I could find on our end, I couldn't find the details of what took place, and who scarpered without paying their dues. While it was clear something untoward did happen, I was unsure of specifics and was reluctant to condemn any SNX members without knowing the exact nature of what happened.

Maybe in the future you should come and ask us directly if your missing details rather than musing conspiracies in public.

Geez, how much tech was it?

Even if it was several thousand, SNX was mostly made of loyal Polar satellites. They, by choice, sacrificed much over the years following NpO's lead. Waiving a rather small amount of debt is the least any half-decent alliance could do (and extremely common), especially after leaving them to the wolves as they did. Let's not forget the big picture here. :)

The big picture is made of lots of pixels and a blown tech deal is only one of several thousand pixels.   It is good to see you trying though, without any clue or slight indication of one, to forensically reconstruct the demise of the SNX-Polar relationship and by virtue of your supreme detective work thrust the blame for the situation at Polar's feet.  It is almost like you are working on something that would suit this narrative despite you remaining clueless.  Since your ''cluelessness'' is unlikely to change via this forum perhaps you should take your magnifying glass elsewhere and pretend to be Sherlock there.....

The big picture is made of lots of pixels and a blown tech deal is only one of several thousand pixels.   It is good to see you trying though, without any clue or slight indication of one, to forensically reconstruct the demise of the SNX-Polar relationship and by virtue of your supreme detective work thrust the blame for the situation at Polar's feet.  It is almost like you are working on something that would suit this narrative despite you remaining clueless.  Since your ''cluelessness'' is unlikely to change via this forum perhaps you should take your magnifying glass elsewhere and pretend to be Sherlock there.....

I think Big Ego's wording was terrible, but his message was on point. It's a gracious move to simply forgive the debt of a long-loyal alliance that recently took a pounding following the cancellation between your two alliances.

No, he needs someone to keep his alliance from getting endlessly stomped. All the rage being directed his way seems misguided. This could have been prevented by a treaty downgrade to the optional level rather than dumping SNX entirely. 

DK is willing to extend a helping hand. We look forward to embracing the challenges of our two alliances working together for a more prosperous tomorrow. Let there be no doubts, SNX will profit from this collaboration, how they prosper will be entirely up to them.

Judging from the restraint being shown by Junka, they are looking to be at the helm of a focused active leader for the first time in a very long time. 

If MI-6 wants those tech deals paid, send the links to me, I'll pay them off myself as soon as my slots open up.

o/ SNX

o/DK

o/White Chocolate

o/Tywin

Mi-6 tech deals aside (cuz... who cares about those)... this whole post is .... deep. And I do not mean well thought out.

Polar retains a shred of class by writing off SNX's debts, try not to screw it up Grub. 

I could not give even a single $%^& about your perception of Polar's class to be really honest.  I merely respond to the drivel written, as it is written, and I have no interest in whether you think my responses are appropriate or ''helpful''. Being the complete realist that I am, nothing I say or do within this venue will alter the mutual hate between me and most of the idiots who post here including you.

I think Big Ego's wording was terrible, but his message was on point. It's a gracious move to simply forgive the debt of a long-loyal alliance that recently took a pounding following the cancellation between your two alliances.

If that was your take home message from that post then you have read a long way in between the lines.  Perhaps we speak a different language?

I could not give even a single $%^& about your perception of Polar's class to be really honest.  I merely respond to the drivel written, as it is written, and I have no interest in whether you think my responses are appropriate or ''helpful''. Being the complete realist that I am, nothing I say or do within this venue will alter the mutual hate between me and most of the idiots who post here including you.

DAMN SON, u horny. Woooo baby. 

I don't hate you, Grub.

/me extends his arms

Bro hug?

DAMN SON, u horny. Woooo baby. 

These are the kind of posts that make me realize that the resilience of an idiot is largely derived from the fact that he doesn't realize he is an idiot.  There is no possible intelligent response to these kinds of posts that contribute to the discussion at hand, they are more designed to end discussion having run out of ideas 20 posts ago

I don't hate you, Grub.

/me extends his arms

Bro hug?

If you don't hate me you simply don't know me well enough.  Given the opportunity I would erase your alliance and all it stands for, not only from Bob  from the history of Bob.  You will find no conciliation here.

If you don't hate me you simply don't know me well enough.  Given the opportunity I would erase your alliance and all it stands for, not only from Bob  from the history of Bob.  You will find no conciliation here.

tidybowlman    How did Grub get so emo and angsty?
    tidybowlman    @kingzog
    tidybowlman    kingzog
    kingzog    Hmmm?
    kingzog    No no no....he's not emo and angsty.
    kingzog    He's jaded and bitter.

Oh, and psst.....I'm not in Nordreich anymore, so erase away I guess.

These are the kind of posts that make me realize that the resilience of an idiot is largely derived from the fact that he doesn't realize he is an idiot.  There is no possible intelligent response to these kinds of posts that contribute to the discussion at hand, they are more designed to end discussion having run out of ideas 20 posts ago

The best response is no response at all. But, if you must persist in allowing me to mock you more. 

large_2025639.jpg

These ought to help you out with your case of Auntie Flo. 

Not trying to put all the blame on NpO, just some. :) I know you think NpO is flawless and all.. but yeah, it's not.