Beware of “thought exercises”

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the first person in NoR to hear of this, and being tasked with informing the government about it, my initial reaction was something akin to :gag: :psyduck: :facepalm: :huh: :wacko: :lol1: .

I don't even know what I think now....

What I do understand, and understand completely, is Grub's reaction. I am well aware that no single individual ever speaks for an entire alliance's membership, but I suspect he has very neatly summed up what a large number in Polaris must feel right now. The one word he left out, though: 'relief'.

Think he was being sarcastic and you just went whoosh! ;)

Yeah, no.  Dane is trying to make the same retarded point he always does when I post more than three words in a row.

As the first person in NoR to hear of this, and being tasked with informing the government about it, my initial reaction was something akin to :gag: :psyduck: :facepalm: :huh: :wacko: :lol1: .

I don't even know what I think now....

What I do understand, and understand completely, is Grub's reaction. I am well aware that no single individual ever speaks for an entire alliance's membership, but I suspect he has very neatly summed up what a large number in Polaris must feel right now. The one word he left out, though: 'relief'.

I'll admit I was relieved when he left Polaris to save SNX from itself using his uber ninja leadership skills and firm political position cultivated over a period of time, and I'll admit I was relieved when we wisely cancelled our treaty with him and his by-now imploding alliance but now I am not relieved, I am amused, actually I am pissing myself laughing.  I am amused that someone would sign a treaty with this idiot, someone so enamored with his own political vision that he drops it when a few opportunists take almost nothing from him, I am amused that anyone thinks that the tech will flow wildly because there is certainly precedent that this isn't the case and I am amused that the idiots who allow their opinions to be swayed by their superiors will buy into this as being a profitable relationship.  For an alliance that failed to supply any tech even though they happily took their ''close'' ally's cash, I look forward to their next default having far more serious consequences.

I am also mildly amused at Caustic now having the ''issue'' that he so soundly derided me about for the last 6 months or so, I am not so sure he feels the same level of amusement.  Treaty of the Decade.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

For an alliance that failed to supply any tech even though they happily took their ''close'' ally's cash, I look forward to their next default having far more serious consequences.

Was actual cash taken then tech not delivered, or was it a case of those tech deals not being accepted? Going through the quagmire of the previous SNX government's thoughts on this matter has been illuminating, but that particular point eludes from this side. I can find no record of who took the cash and ran. Most likely those records are now long lost to us, if they ever existed in the first place. If such a list is available, I'd be grateful for the opportunity to see it.

There were failings of leadership in that period. Because the government was so insular and opaque, the general membership had the impression it was just an option, and no need to move away from our own deals. It would have been enforced eventually and if the need arises, is something I recall the previous Emperor saying, but it never got that far as we more or less went dormant.

This a new leadership and a new outlook, and we are committed to this new treaty. We will make this work.

Was actual cash taken then tech not delivered, or was it a case of those tech deals not being accepted? Going through the quagmire of the previous SNX government's thoughts on this matter has been illuminating, but that particular point eludes from this side. I can find no record of who took the cash and ran. Most likely those records are now long lost to us, if they ever existed in the first place. If such a list is available, I'd be grateful for the opportunity to see it.

There were failings of leadership in that period. Because the government was so insular and opaque, the general membership had the impression it was just an option, and no need to move away from our own deals. It would have been enforced eventually and if the need arises, is something I recall the previous Emperor saying, but it never got that far as we more or less went dormant.

This a new leadership and a new outlook, and we are committed to this new treaty. We will make this work.

The insinuation was that your awful alliance accept a significant sum of aid and paid 0 tech out in return.

The insinuation was that your awful alliance accept a significant sum of aid and paid 0 tech out in return.

I was aware of the insinuation, was just asking for clarity as it may have conflicted with what I've seen elsewhere.  And as said, I'd welcome evidence as to names. While SNX the alliance must bear responsibility for it, so too must each individual who swindled the cash without giving tech in return.

I understand that relatively recent past gives pause for thought on such matters as this, and that is why I am grateful for Doom Kingdom giving us the chance to show we as an alliance can be honest and reliable dealers. Mistakes were made in the past, and starting with this treaty, we are going to show we have learned from them.

I believe this to be the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship.

The last few weeks have been a difficult time for SNX, no question. But we are at long last seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and are fairly confident it isn't the light of an oncoming train.

Yeah I think the train has already sufficiently run you over for the time being. Congrats on the protectorate.

Yeah, no.  Dane is trying to make the same retarded point he always does when I post more than three words in a row.

Aw grub, I didn't know you felt that way about me. Come on over to our forums and we can talk about it dear, we'll get through these difficult times together.

I do enjoy a good thought exercise.

I know they're stupid, and pointless, and use more energy than they're worth but...

so fun. And that new guy in the SNX government is actually a welcome surprise.

White Chocolate is among the nicest in DBDC and hard not to get along with, so he approached the right person about mending bridges. Even if I'm fighting other Doom Alliances, she's always pleasant and trying to be helpful when she can. Its people like her which bring out the best in DBDC and Junka has been a friend for a long time, so I wish you luck and congrats.

Edited by Methrage

If there is Tech to be paid, I might be willing to assist our new allies in paying it. 

My original reaction was in jest. I look forward to working with Tywin and SNX. There are a number of challenges that face both alliances in moving forward with this effort, but none are entirely insurmountable. Together, we will grow and prosper. 

Dearest ImaMoron Junka

So at the end of the day all that crap you posted for the last 12 months was just truly crap, you know all the stuff you were told was complete rubbish? (don't answer it was rhetorical).  Not only was it complete crap, you obviously didn't believe any of it either.  You might not be as bat-!@#$ crazy as people thought... actually I know you are and now you have sold out your master political plan as the eye of Ivan and the wind beneath the wings of francoism to be a tech farm for the bowlsmearers.  Good job.  Hopefully the inferior tech sales rate they offered you helps act as a hair coat for eternity at what is truly one of the more psychologically gymnastic efforts I have ever seen on Bob.  DK must be wetting themselves at how easy it was to intimidate the great and mighty guardian of morality into being a subjugated peon within their pirate kingdom. 

Also obligatory congratulations and even more obligatory LOL and even more obligatory REDACTED.  I am truly happy to see you so far from Polaris.

So much happy in this post, it's oozing out of you Grub.  It warms my heart to share this moment of indescribable joy with you.

Assuming the post were never deleted all you have to do is look at the general member section to see the list. Or possibly ask polar they are friendly enough to give the information.

I will say I didn't see this coming so kudos to SNX and DK for coming out of left field with this treaty :) in all seriousness I'm glad see SNX move in a direction

I think the most shocking and mildly amusing thing is Tywin, who spent years verbally attacking that part of the web in public. To suddenly ask for a treaty with some of the very same type of people is rather strange...

Desperate people do desperate things I guess, congrats.

Edited by the rebel

I think the most shocking and mildly amusing thing is Tywin, who spent years verbally attacking that part of the web in public. To suddenly ask for a treaty with some of the very same type people is rather strange...

Desperate people do desperate things I guess, congrats.

Indeed, NpO dropped what could of been a loyal ally to being an open target for their enemies until something like this happened. Junka is ambitious, he found almost all SNX's allies had left them; so they needed to look elsewhere for allies if SNX was going to have a chance.